2014 Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2014 Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps

Barring rain, I wanna see a four way battle between the MErc and williams drivers....
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

oT v1
oT v1

Erm, just think back to the first corner in Aus! They were sliding and lifting on the way out of that one. I think they'll lift through eau rouge 'for sure'!
The Power of Dreams

Rybo

oT v1 wrote:Erm, just think back to the first corner in Aus! They were sliding and lifting on the way out of that one. I think they'll lift through eau rouge 'for sure'!
Everyone has brought updates forward to bring back the lost downforce. How's the cars performed in Australia has no bearing in how they will do at Spa. The only thing that is for sure is that the teams will go as fast as they can. My money is on Eau Rouge being flat, but only time will tell.

gray41

Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

strad

Q&A with Lotus’s Nick Chester: We’ve learnt our lessons (F1)

“Q: How does the level of downforce generated in 2014 compare to last year?
NC: It is a little down, but not much. When we started developing for the 2014 regs we were a long way down and then we had a very good build-up theory and we got to a level that we were reasonably pleased with.”
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Pierce89

oT v1 wrote:Erm, just think back to the first corner in Aus! They were sliding and lifting on the way out of that one. I think they'll lift through eau rouge 'for sure'!
Eau Rouge is flat in lmp1 cars, it's been flat in f1 for ages. It'll still be flat, they haven't lost that much df.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Shrieker

Eau Rouge is not a flat corner. I'm certain it's got a fair bit of ondulations.

8)
Last edited by Shrieker on 16 Aug 2014, 04:09, edited 1 time in total.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

strad

I repeat and concur with Pierce, It's been flat since before some of you started watching.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Kingshark
Kingshark

I always thought that Blanchimont was more of a corner than Eau Rouge. Blanchimont is quite a sharp corner, much sharper than it looks on a map. I doubt the current F1 cars will be able to take it flat out with race fuel onboard. On the other hand, to me, Eau Rouge is just a few kinks with incredible altitude change. Eau Rouge has been flat for at least 10 years now. I see more drivers lifting for Blanchimont than for Eau Rouge.

Pouhon, now that is a real beast of a corner.

Juzh

strad wrote:

NC: It is a little down, but not much. When we started developing for the 2014 regs we were a long way down and then we had a very good build-up theory and we got to a level that we were reasonably pleased with.”
:lol: :lol: :lol: bullsh1t is strong with this one

Pierce89 wrote:
Eau Rouge is flat in lmp1 cars, it's been flat in f1 for ages. It'll still be flat, they haven't lost that much df.
lol

Pierce89

Juzh wrote:
strad wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: bullsh1t is strong with this one

Pierce89 wrote:
lol
I think you may be confusing Eau Rouge with Radillon.

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Pierce89

SectorOne wrote:it´s a simulator as well so we have to wait for reality to make a definite answer.

But from the simulator we can deduce that Eau Rouge is not flat, Paul Frere is flat and Blanchimont is flat.
Also Paul Frere corner, was it not called Fagnes earlier or where am i getting that word from?
Fagnes is the same as the Piff Paff(the chicane(or chicesse) after Pouhon).Corner Paul Frere is just the "bend" before Blanchimont not really a corner

Juzh

Pierce89 wrote: I think you may be confusing Eau Rouge with Radillon.
I think you might be right. Joke's on me #-o

beelsebob
beelsebob

Notably in the video above, Lewis said "Eau Rouge is usually flat, but not quite this time". Which suggest that Mercedes will be very very borderline on whether they can do it flat out. That suggests to me that at most Merc and RedBull are going to be flat through it.

Sevach
Sevach

SectorOne wrote: Senna and Schumacher if i´m not mistaken.
What first race Schumacher :shock:
His car was down on power and had good aero...