2014 Italian GP - Monza, September 5-7

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Gaz.

Re: 2014 Italian GP - Monza, September 5-7

MrBigglesworth wrote: Hamilton was saying something about having used one more engine than Rosberg - but I thought that they had used the same number coming into the race.
He lost a PU in the Hungarian fire.
Forza Jules

NTS
NTS

Ozan wrote:I think Merc gambled on Sunday rain and went out with the high DF pack compared to RB, but it went wrong and RB caught them quickly.
I think you're right. I saw it coming on Saturday: Perfect setup for qualifying that will compromise their race.
Ozan wrote:But in Monza Merc will show the real Low DF pack and get 1-2. rest will be raced between williams and RB.
Yes, Mercedes will storm off into the distance unless they run into eachother or have some other issue. But I half expect Red Bull to surprise us and split the Williams. They have done some things to improve their ERS performance and in Spa it looked like it worked.

AnthonyG

Looking quite forward to Williams low downforce package, don't think they ran much of it in Spa.
I'm hoping Massa will finaly shine and get a winn.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

WaikeCU

Considering Monza is hard on brakes, maybe Mercedes could have brake issues again. So I won't be surprised if a Williams will manage to win this race.

prince

WaikeCU wrote:Considering Monza is hard on brakes, maybe Mercedes could have brake issues again. So I won't be surprised if a Williams will manage to win this race.
Their break problems were more about temperature sensitivity and not of load. Higher the temperature, more the pain. Canada exposed that weakness, with unusually high temperatures. They haven't had issues where breaks were a problem due to load. But, the overall quality of Brembo is quite questionable on Merc cars and that could be due to smaller than usual breaks that Mercs are using. Carbon Industrie seems to have held better than Brembo on these cars.

ChrisDanger

Re: Italian Monza September 5-7 2014

Juzh wrote:
Kingshark wrote:
Juzh wrote:Roberg's laptimes were identical to Ricciardo's when they were both on medium tires.
Yes when ignoring the fact that Rosberg's tyres were much older.

Tyre wear taken into consideration Merc were about 1 sec/lap faster than RBR in the dry and 2 sec/lap faster in the wet.

Nonetheless I expect a Rosberg pole and Hamilton win this weekend.
Rosberg's tires were 8 laps older than ricciardo's when their prime stints were overlapping. Ricciardo did his fastest lap on the last lap, which was his 17th lap (!!) on a set of prime tires. Tire degradation was not a major issue here. Rosberg was also told to push hard to catch up, but he couldn't.
Yes, merc was faster, but not by 2 seconds, or even 1 for that matter. Not over a race distance.
Rosberg was carrying front wing damage.

djos

No he wasn't, they replaced the wing during his pit stop.
"In downforce we trust"

SectorOne

2014 vs 2013, 12 races in.

1. ROS - 220p
2. HAM - 191p
3. RIC - 156p

-
1. VET - 222p
2. ALO - 169p
3. HAM - 141p
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

MrBigglesworth

prince wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:Considering Monza is hard on brakes, maybe Mercedes could have brake issues again. So I won't be surprised if a Williams will manage to win this race.
Their break problems were more about temperature sensitivity and not of load. Higher the temperature, more the pain. Canada exposed that weakness, with unusually high temperatures. They haven't had issues where breaks were a problem due to load. But, the overall quality of Brembo is quite questionable on Merc cars and that could be due to smaller than usual breaks that Mercs are using. Carbon Industrie seems to have held better than Brembo on these cars.
The Brembo issue was identified as something to do with the mounting plate on the Merc rather than the disc material itself. It's now been resolved.

MrBigglesworth

Gaz. wrote:
MrBigglesworth wrote: Hamilton was saying something about having used one more engine than Rosberg - but I thought that they had used the same number coming into the race.
He lost a PU in the Hungarian fire.
This is the data I had seen just prior to Spa (i.e. after Hungary): Image

Shows equal usage apart from 1 energy store. So I was wondering if Hamilton had to use up an additional engine over the Spa weekend?

NTS
NTS

prince wrote:break problems
Break -> to smash, split, or divide into parts violently
Brake -> a device for slowing or stopping a vehicle

So the problem is that the brakes break sometimes, but not that the break brakes somtimes :wink:

OrangeArrows

Topspeed this year maybe 370 km/h?

Kingshark

What tyres will be used this weekend? Medium and hards?

SectorOne

Medium and Hard compound for Monza.

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... singapore/
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Juzh

OrangeArrows wrote:Topspeed this year maybe 370 km/h?
No.