2014 United States Grand Prix - Austin

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Hail22

Re: 2014 United States Grand Prix - Austin

Andres125sx wrote:
Burgess wrote:HRT weren't allowed to race once IIRC. 2011 AUs I think? For not making 107%.
Alonso and Vettel obviously will comply with 107% no matter if they do not participate FP or Q1, so thinking they could not be allowed to participate is nosense
My post was merely wild theories plucked from the ether of space and time that "if" (although very unlikely), that they were both excluded it would be extremely lucrative for tabloids / newspapers in the short term.

:arrow:
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Jonnycraig

AMuS now saying that Force India have a large engine payment due to Mercedes today, or else they will,also miss Austin.

3 teams to stop RB dominance. A good trade off for some. :D

mikeerfol

Source please?

BTW is it me or the race is 1 hour later than normal?

oT v1

i think he mentioned AMuS ^
The Power of Dreams

mikeerfol

Yeah I meant a link, because I can't find it at the amus website.

Never mind

astracrazy

oh dear oh dear. It looks like these last three races we may well see the total chaos that is under the skin of F1. And to think double points will screw a few teams out of a few millions $.

Unfortunately in some ways it will take something like this, 3 teams missing for financial reasons, to wake f1 up and make them realise they have to do something soon. I get the feeling with all this 3 car talk coming up a month or so ago, this really has been brewing for sometime and is maybe a lot worse than we thought.

Adam Parr doesn't sound too silly now does he

gandharva

mikeerfol wrote:Source please?
AMUS states that FI needs to pay a bill today for their deferred payment plan with merc engines. If they do not pay Merc will hold back 5th engine for both drivers. FI needs that engines because the first four alraedy have to much mileage.

mikeerfol

gandharva wrote:
AMUS states that FI needs to pay a bill today for their deferred payment plan with merc engines. If they do not pay Merc will hold back 5th engine for both drivers. FI needs that engines because the first four alraedy have to much mileage.
So if that happens then what? Oh well, 2005 all over again...

Jonnycraig

mikeerfol wrote:
gandharva wrote:
So if that happens then what? Oh well, 2005 all over again...
Regardless of how many teams turned up, in 2005, 2 cars scampered away and 4 cars fought for third place. In 2014, 2 cars will scamper away and 14-18 cars would've fought for third.

Aquanin

Hi, long time lurker here. I am in Austin getting ready for the race this weekend. I just went to the Red Bull demo downtown. Very cool to see (and hear) so close! Here is a video. I took way too many.

Alexgtt

Can imagine one or two of those people pissed when they turn up on Friday and they can't hear the cars! :oops:

mrluke

Alexgtt wrote:Can imagine one or two of those people pissed when they turn up on Friday and they can't hear the cars! :oops:
Despite the lack of volume through the tv broadcast, watching these cars live they certainly are not shy. Not as loud as the GP3 cars granted but you can still hear them drive the whole track from one corner.

Aquanin

I am looking forward to hearing them in person. The v8's are obviously great, but so high pitched that it's bone rattling without earplugs. Which I have to admit is part of the fun, but it will be interesting to hear the sounds of the turbo and ERS tomorrow.

BanMeToo

Remind me, how tough is this track on fuel? Medium?

Alexgtt

Aquanin wrote:I am looking forward to hearing them in person. The v8's are obviously great, but so high pitched that it's bone rattling without earplugs. Which I have to admit is part of the fun, but it will be interesting to hear the sounds of the turbo and ERS tomorrow.
I agree and actually quite like them myself. For whatever reason I actually prefer the Ferrari sound to all the others.