2014 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
mikeerfol

Re: 2014 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

I believe he did it because it's not a a certain thing he will drive in F1 next year, not because he is leaving 100%.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

mikeerfol wrote:I believe he did it because it's not a a certain thing he will drive in F1 next year, not because he is leaving 100%.
Wasn't btw only the race winner allowed to do donuts? remembering Vettel got a fine?

When interviewed post-race whether he'll be missed in the Formula 1 paddock
he said "'i'm not gone'"

still, I think it's too coincidental that he made some donuts, especially after the Sky interview of before where he said
he doesn't desire a 'goodbye' of sorts but perhaps the fans would have more trouble with it than he would, i read that
donut as something for the fans and the crowd.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Shrieker

mikeerfol wrote:I believe he did it because it's not a a certain thing he will drive in F1 next year, not because he is leaving 100%.
I agree with your sentiment. Just in case i get left out, there's my goodbye doughnut folks. He didn't pull it off properly tho, so maybe there was a message there :wink:
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

lebesset
lebesset

gandharva wrote:Finally this 2014 boredom festival is over. On the other hand, beeing called a legend by a prince does not happen every day. :)

Driver of the day again (yes, also getting boring) is Ricciardo.
yep , was much better back in the days when schu had the dominant car and his team mate wasn't allowed to compete with him ....not
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

auaq
auaq

I think Ron Dennis is looking for a man like Alonso to have him in his team. Someone reliable enough to collect worthy points, to have a chance at the championship. Perhaps it is time for Jenson to go. If you say that he's not leaving F1 then where will he go then? Alonso being capable of adapting to any kind of situation or an environment where he knows this car is not good but because he is still able to fight, overtake, keep going forward and keeping everybody on their toes is probably the reason why I would think Ron Dennis would gladly have him back in his team once more. Jenson is no doubt a great driver but cannot be compared to how well Alonso is adapted to any driving situation. He still comes home in somewhere in top five to top ten finishes and collecting worthy points. That's what I'm thinking.

simieski
simieski

So with das finger not getting a win this year, is Hamilton the only driver on the grid to have had a pole and a victory in every season they have entered?
Thank you to God for making me an Atheist - Ricky Gervais.

Skippon
Skippon

Yes he is......

Morteza

Blanchimont wrote:http://gfycat.com/OddUntidyKinglet

Great how the flames follow the airflow created by the rear wing.
That is amazing. The Lotus crew as well :mrgreen:
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Jolle
Jolle

simieski wrote:So with das finger not getting a win this year, is Hamilton the only driver on the grid to have had a pole and a victory in every season they have entered?
He already had that record, Herr Finger didn't win a race in his (incomplete) 2007 season

langwadt
langwadt

Manoah2u wrote:
Wasn't btw only the race winner allowed to do donuts? remembering Vettel got a fine?

I think they can do what ever they want as long as they don't slow things down by being late for park ferme etc.

after Vettel the clarified the rules

mikeerfol

Indeed, remember Massa did some donuts at the end of last year's Brazilian race as well.

SectorOne

simieski wrote:So with das finger not getting a win this year, is Hamilton the only driver on the grid to have had a pole and a victory in every season they have entered?
Vettel had neither a pole nor win in 2007 (understandably)

So yes Hamilton is so far the only driver to win and take pole every season. But then again he started at Mclaren.
In his defense though Vettel has had a race winning car this year but have failed to win one of the three potential wins.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

basti313
basti313

NathanOlder wrote:Who Cares, Merc are the Best, and Lewis is the Best Merc driver.
:D This sums it up.
gandharva wrote:Finally this 2014 boredom festival is over. On the other hand, beeing called a legend by a prince does not happen every day. :)

Driver of the day again (yes, also getting boring) is Ricciardo.
Well...on one hand it was good, because we had nice fights between the teammates. On the other hand...there was not much else, the difference between the teams was much too big.

Regarding Ricciardo:
I think we have seen a rather mediocre performance from the World Champions this year. Looked a bit like Button's title who also showed some mediocre performances during that season. All these faults the Merc drivers and the team made, in a "normal" season with competition among the teams they would have never cruised through the field each time they made faults. The Merc R&D team won both titles. Quite similar to RedBull in the 2010 season.
With a car that is only 0.5sec behind and not 1.5sec, Ricciardo would have competed until the very last race just like Alonso did in 2012.
The big question is: Will RedBull or Ferrari or Williams be able to pull it down to 0.5sec for next season? Will Merc+Ham+Ros make faults like this season or will they pull a perfect one like RedBull+Vet in 2011?
NathanOlder wrote: so 2013 was exciting ?
At least there was competition among the teams. And we saw a perfect WorldChampion...not one that threw away Qs.
mikeerfol wrote:Indeed, remember Massa did some donuts at the end of last year's Brazilian race as well.
Do not forget Webber. Drawing the penis was awesome. :D
Don`t russel the hamster!

RacingFan
RacingFan

dans79 wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:99% a double account of a butthurt forummember, yes.
I agree, and I think he is extra grumpy, because his favorite driver got smashed by his younger less experienced teammate.
My name is Igor, 32 years, from Brazil, and my favorite driver simply doesn't exist... If there is someone unbiased because of fanboyism here this person is me.

I feel extremely secondhand embarrassed by this ridiculous and childish blind passion for any particular driver.

And in my opinion a passion can't be more important than honesty. And the fact is that we've never had a more boring and predictable season like this one has been.

If you don't agree, well, sorry to say but you're simple a dishonest person who s passion knows no limits.

Kingshark
Kingshark

RacingFan wrote:And in my opinion a passion can't be more important than honesty. And the fact is that we've never had a more boring and predictable season like this one has been.

If you don't agree, well, sorry to say but you're simple a dishonest person who s passion knows no limits.
Well, 2013 for one. 2002 and 2004 are two others. 1992 can also be added to that list.