2015 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
giantfan10

Re: 2015 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir

GPR-A wrote:One more highly anticipated race and one more disappointment, in terms of chasing pack challenging the Mercs. Lewis was untouchable, Rosberg kept pulling out moves on Ferraris.
Seriously deceiving show on Friday Practices by Mercs !!!
were you watching a different race from everybody else?
one of those cars from the chasing pack that cant seem to challenge mercedes destroyed a 19.871 second gap in 16 laps and passed rosberg in the uncatchable mercedes... go figure.... to claim that they are unchallenged is a pretty wild and incorrect statement when they were beaten in Malaysia.

ringo

Ferrari beat rosberg on pace fair and square today. Nico had the better faster car, but Kimi and Vettel were very competitive with what they had. Take Lewis out of the picture and it's very telling.
For Sure!!

dren

Didn't Rosberg have brake issues? Vettel couldn't pass a Williams for how many laps? Without the brake issues, I don't know if Kimi would have made the pass on Rosberg. We'll never know. Rosberg on the same strategy as Kimi would have likely beaten him. And if Vettel wouldn't have cocked it up, Kimi would have had to pass him before Rosberg. A lot of what ifs, though. Either way, it is good to see some sort of competition at the front.
Honda!

dans79

dren wrote:Didn't Rosberg have brake issues?
They both did, but not sure to what extent.
197 104 103 7

ringo

Brake issue was maybe for a split second. It's something the drivers can resolve with pressing some buttons. But it just happened at the wrong time for Rosberg. His lap time was affected much. Kimi would have still got past him i believe.
For Sure!!

Regle

ringo wrote: Great race from Kimi and Sergio Perez. Kimi showed his quality. He is still a more complete driver than Vettel. Vettel was showing flashbacks of last year when he is actually fighting with other cars. He can't keep things together and this is why Ricairdo blew him away in 2014. Seb is great and masterful when he leads in the front. He manages tyres well from the front and is on point with strategy and taking care of the car.. but once he's under a bit of pressure he cracks.
Kimi is the total opposite in this regard, and i feel we will see more of Kimi ahead of Vettel as the season wears on.
Just like in Malaysia when he was about to take his first victory for Ferrari and was being chased by two superior Mercedes cars. There either was no pressure or he cracked. Tell me which.

dans79

Regle wrote: Just like in Malaysia when he was about to take his first victory for Ferrari and was being chased by two superior Mercedes cars. There either was no pressure or he cracked. Tell me which.
I'm not agreeing with Ringo, but the races aren't even close to comparable.
197 104 103 7

nokivasara

Great race today, lots of action behind Hamilton, who is in such a good place right now. Everything is to his liking and he can drive relaxed and manage the gap to #2. He is in total control right now.

Rosberg was very aggressive but not fast enough, lost his position in the start and never got up to speed.
Kimi drove a brilliant race today, for once he didn't back off in T1 at the start =D> Just when I started to think that he is too old for spirited driving. I thought he would be driving slowly but surely to settle for 4-6th in every race from now on.
Vettel had an eventful race with lots of mistakes.

Too bad for Ericsson, he was driving very well until his second pit stop where he lost 25s or so.

windwaves

J0rd4n wrote:
multisync wrote:Rosberg possible brake issue.
Not 'possible'. Confirmed by Toto straight after the race on Sky.
man, of course the team will defend their drivers. Of course it was yet another crucial mistake at a crucial time.

windwaves

ringo wrote:Brake issue was maybe for a split second. It's something the drivers can resolve with pressing some buttons. But it just happened at the wrong time for Rosberg. His lap time was affected much. Kimi would have still got past him i believe.
I think at that stage it was clear that while Kimi was quicker than ROS, Kimi's advantage was no longer in the order of 1+ sec per lap. My view is that Kimi could have passed him but with only less than 2 laps left it would have not been enough time. Interesting considerations, but at the end who knows ? fact is ROS gave him 2nd place on a silver plate. Nice. Thank you.

Unc1eM0nty

giantfan10 wrote: one of those cars from the chasing pack that cant seem to challenge mercedes destroyed a 19.871 second gap in 16 laps and passed rosberg in the uncatchable mercedes... go figure.... to claim that they are unchallenged is a pretty wild and incorrect statement when they were beaten in Malaysia.
For me it was Kimi's his middle stint on the mediums that impressed me more, he didn't loose any time at all to the three cars in front, I still can't work out how he did this.

giantfan10

GPR-A wrote:
J0rd4n wrote:
MercedesAMGSpy wrote:Where are the ''Ferrari's race pace will be superior'' experts? Time and time again, Mercedes not showing their hand on friday.

Excellent drive Lewis Hamilton and Rosberg made some beautiful overtakes.
Waiting to see giantfan's response who has been saying that Mercedes weren't sandbagging all weekend.
I guess giantfan was not the only one fighting the losing battle. So here are some myths that have busted so far.
1. It is now a reality that, Ferrari DOES NOT have any tyre advantage whatsoever over Merc. Even in Malaysia, it was not degradation that ruined Merc's party, but it was their strategy mess. On average pace, Mercs were faster there too.
2. There was another point on which the debate was going on that Ferrari is better on Rear Limited circuits, turned out that does not hold any water either.
3. Ferrari has speed advantage on straights. Busted.
4. Someone said, Merc will struggle on stop and go corners and Bahrain has some stop and go corners, wrong again.
What's next?
It turned out that the Medium was the tyre to be on in this race. If Merc would have done OPP, they should have had an easy 1-2.
hmmm top speed at this race was a ferrari.....
secondly point me to where i said mercedes were not sandbagging..... this is pretty much what i posted" why would mercedes run heavier fuel and ferrari run light fuel in the long run which simulates the first stint?... maybe mercedes had their engine turned down"
what was so beautiful about rosberg in a faster car opening his DRS and passing a sitting duck on the straight? maybe because there were sparks? :lol:
i do recall saying that ferrari was matching mercedes long run pace in FP2...no clue where u got me saying ferrari had superior race pace
the next time you do one of your "call out" posts maybe u need to actually react to things that posters actually posted instead of this nonsense.
nice of you to post your 4 opinions though... dont now what u were trying to accomplish other than displaying how much of a fanboy you are :lol:

multisync

ringo wrote:Brake issue was maybe for a split second. It's something the drivers can resolve with pressing some buttons. But it just happened at the wrong time for Rosberg. His lap time was affected much. Kimi would have still got past him i believe.
Can you link where you got the 'split second' brake issue which he could have resolved by pressing buttons? Seems to me you're making far too many assumptions in order to be able to make your final comment.

Mesteño

giantfan10

Unc1eM0nty wrote:
giantfan10 wrote: one of those cars from the chasing pack that cant seem to challenge mercedes destroyed a 19.871 second gap in 16 laps and passed rosberg in the uncatchable mercedes... go figure.... to claim that they are unchallenged is a pretty wild and incorrect statement when they were beaten in Malaysia.
For me it was Kimi's his middle stint on the mediums that impressed me more, he didn't loose any time at all to the three cars in front, I still can't work out how he did this.
yup that was a good stint....Vettel on the other hand must have been out drinking last night lol... i have no clue what was going on with vettel.... early in the race i was wondering if he had an issue with his car...kimi was closing on him late in the first stint and i couldnt figure out why kimi was so much faster in the same car on the same tires