2015 Spanish Grand Prix - Circuit de Catalunya - 8-10 May

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Chuckjr

Re: 2015 Spanish Grand Prix - Circuit de Catalunya - 8-10 Ma

Manoah2u wrote:
ChrisDanger wrote:
J0rd4n wrote:Quit moaning. If you don't like it don't watch.
+1 =D>
x10 =D>
Come on now. The Merc is an absolute beast. Imo is the most dominant car in f1 history. Unless Honda or Ferrari can pull a rabbit out, nobody will catch them. I hope I am proved wrong.

Second stint Ham put on hards and starts turning something like 1:29's in clean air while Vettel was only managing 1:31's. That's off memory from one viewing, but it was an enormous gap he built gaining over 2 seconds a lap for a number of laps. Good grief. Chilton could win a championship in this car.

What I want to see is exceptional, historic, unbelievable moves because he has the car to do it by god. I'm great if Ham can pull some serious driving feats to make this a memorable championship. Happy to applaud and more power to him...but this cruising to another championship thing is disappointing. They really missed it on this formulae.
Watching F1 since 1986.

Vasconia

godlameroso wrote:Anyone got any testing info, Autosport doesn't seem to be covering it, Crash.net has live updates but no lap times.
I have not info about this. I was curious to see if teams have checked new pieces.

Jordan44

Chuckjr wrote: Come on now. The Merc is an absolute beast. Imo is the most dominant car in f1 history. Unless Honda or Ferrari can pull a rabbit out, nobody will catch them. I hope I am proved wrong.

Second stint Ham put on hards and starts turning something like 1:29's in clean air while Vettel was only managing 1:31's. That's off memory from one viewing, but it was an enormous gap he built gaining over 2 seconds a lap for a number of laps. Good grief. Chilton could win a championship in this car.

What I want to see is exceptional, historic, unbelievable moves because he has the car to do it by god. I'm great if Ham can pull some serious driving feats to make this a memorable championship. Happy to applaud and more power to him...but this cruising to another championship thing is disappointing. They really missed it on this formulae.
The Mercedes W06 is no where near as dominant as the W05. It is simply not true that Chilton could win it. The Ferraris are so close now that they need quick consistent drivers to be able to stay ahead.

Once again I'll point out that dominance is nothing new. It is what shapes up the type of sport F1 is and is always going to happen.

Vasconia

ChrisDanger wrote:For testing, click the "LIVE" link here: http://www.f1today.net/en/testsessions

For today, try http://www.f1today.net/en/live/2015/05/ ... -catalunya
Thank you!!

Good to see that the Mclaren did 100 laps. Mercedes and Ferrari are truly "reliabily" beats!!

hattrick

Excellent analysis. There is translator on the right side of the page.

The performance analysis of the Spanish GP
http://www.f1puls.com
Croatian F1 portal

ChrisDanger

Chuckjr wrote:
ChrisDanger wrote:
J0rd4n wrote:Quit moaning. If you don't like it don't watch.
+1 =D>

Come on now...

...Good grief. Chilton could win a championship in this car.

To me, and others out there, there is so much more to a race or a season than who wins. Things are as complex as how deep you look at them. It's when people turn on a race expecting to see "exceptional, historic, unbelievable moves", then come on here just to moan about how boring the race was (to them) that people like me start to get annoyed, when it happens week in week out. It's like going to see your favourite band, and some guy is in the front jumping up and down shouting " this music sucks!". It becomes a real downer after a while.

hattrick

@SomersF1 'TechF1 Show' is back!! =D> =D> =D>

Please give him a little support for this to continue with interesting videos! O:)
http://www.f1puls.com
Croatian F1 portal

komninosm

J0rd4n wrote:
Chuckjr wrote: Come on now. The Merc is an absolute beast. Imo is the most dominant car in f1 history. Unless Honda or Ferrari can pull a rabbit out, nobody will catch them. I hope I am proved wrong.

The Mercedes W06 is no where near as dominant as the W05. It is simply not true that Chilton could win it. The Ferraris are so close now that they need quick consistent drivers to be able to stay ahead.

Once again I'll point out that dominance is nothing new. It is what shapes up the type of sport F1 is and is always going to happen.
And at least McLaren and Mercedes lets its drivers fight, unlike lamers at Ferrari.