2015 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 03-05 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Morteza

2015 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 03-05 July

Tire choices:
Medium (Option)
Hard (Prime)

2014 Results:

2014 Pole position lap:

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

raymondu999

Re: 2015 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 03-05 July

Im hoping for a battle between 2 to 3 stops. im not a big fan of one stop races For some reason. less tension in the pits I guess? i like mixed up strats
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Jolle
Jolle

I think we can expect a very focused Lewis Hamilton. Bit like Monaco (until
He pitted for the second time).

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

raymondu999 wrote:Im hoping for a battle between 2 to 3 stops. im not a big fan of one stop races For some reason. less tension in the pits I guess? i like mixed up strats
It's probably because hardly anything is happening on track, and cars are just sitting 1 second away from the dirty air unless they're significantly quicker, therefore you can pretty much skip the race from lap 2 until the first pitstop, leaving only half a race of actual action.

At least with 2 stops we see three stints of racing rather than the one we currently get with a 1 stop race.

ME4ME

Most interesting thing for me is to see how much Force India has improved with their new car. Also Red Bull and Mclaren should make a step forward.

majki2111

Sorry for off topic, but am I right when I noticed recently that F1 cars are beconing easy to drive? For F1 drivers it is like driving go-karts for us. I watched Austrian quali and when Nico spun in Q3 in his "what could have been fastest lap this year", he jumped out of the car and he didn't have any signes of tiredness. He didn't even had to sit for a moment.
Same thing goes Alonso-Kimi accident. 1st lap, adrenaline, big crash, Alonso almost hit Kimi's head, and again, those two just jumped out of the car, gave eachother a handshake and walked away fully normally like nothing happened.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Lewis Hamilton will has a positive pressure, he will be really focuses to earn a bright victory.
I think the Williams on a track like this can perform against the Ferrari, at home.

I expect à 2 pits race, or maybe 3, let's hope some rain :mrgreen:

Jordan44

majki2111 wrote:Sorry for off topic, but am I right when I noticed recently that F1 cars are beconing easy to drive? For F1 drivers it is like driving go-karts for us. I watched Austrian quali and when Nico spun in Q3 in his "what could have been fastest lap this year", he jumped out of the car and he didn't have any signes of tiredness. He didn't even had to sit for a moment.
Same thing goes Alonso-Kimi accident. 1st lap, adrenaline, big crash, Alonso almost hit Kimi's head, and again, those two just jumped out of the car, gave eachother a handshake and walked away fully normally like nothing happened.
There's no reason why they should be easier than the V8s physically which presented a reasonable challenge. In the current era they're possibly harder to drive from a mental perspective, with more fuel and energy management necessary. Getting out the car after an accident is nothing to do with how easy the cars are to drive, it's the safety precautions in place.

I've just had a look at videos on YouTube of Silverstone last year, I found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L0yui5rr-o and on that video the cars sound great and the volume levels are still reasonable. I'll be attending the race, so hopefully it doesn't disappoint, given people have been so negative about it. Will I be needing an umbrella? [-o<

I have to say I'm not sure why so many people dislike the sound of the Honda, when it's working I think it sounds incredible. So much more bass to it than the others.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

majki2111 wrote:Sorry for off topic, but am I right when I noticed recently that F1 cars are beconing easy to drive? For F1 drivers it is like driving go-karts for us. I watched Austrian quali and when Nico spun in Q3 in his "what could have been fastest lap this year", he jumped out of the car and he didn't have any signes of tiredness. He didn't even had to sit for a moment.
That's the opposite, the car is more difficul to drive, because she has less downforce but more power and more torque, especially at low rpm, less grip with those Pirelli, and furthermore the driver need to manage fuel and tires consumption.
But, in term of physical difficulties, clearly those car are less difficul to drive.

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

What I'd like:
1. RAI
2. VET
3. HUL

What will probably happen:
1. HAM
2. ROS
3. VET
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

majki2111

Spoutnik wrote:
That's the opposite, the car is more difficul to drive, because she has less downforce but more power and more torque, especially at low rpm, less grip with those Pirelli, and furthermore the driver need to manage fuel and tires consumption.
But, in term of physical difficulties, clearly those car are less difficul to drive.
I know all that, but this lack of signes of physical tiredness after driving F1 car is really confusing.
An djust one more question. I was wondering, could we, normal people be able to withstand one qiali lap in F1 car?

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

majki2111 wrote:
Spoutnik wrote:
I know all that, but this lack of signes of physical tiredness after driving F1 car is really confusing.
An djust one more question. I was wondering, could we, normal people be able to withstand one qiali lap in F1 car?
It depends of the track, after Singapore or Hungary I don't think every driver don't show signs of physical tiredness..
No, the driver always training a lot especially during winter for perfect physic condition, the car have always the same brake power and higher to speed and high speed in corner so I don't think random guys who aren't a bit sports can drive, or can be drive on a F1 car at his limit without any tiredness.

EDIT : http://www.f1i.com/infos/wittmann-la-do ... -la-peine/
"Cette journée d’essais au volant d’une F1 fut sensationnelle"

"Ce fut une journée fantastique sans le moindre problème et j’ai énormément tourné, je suis donc vraiment heureux."

"Ma nuque est un peu endolorie, elle me fait un peu mal, mais si vous avez l’opportunité de participer à une journée d’essais au volant d’une monoplace de Formule 1, vous devez la saisir. Vous ne vous plaignez pas de la douleur que vous pouvez ressentir une fois votre journée terminée."
The last part can be translate by : "My neck is a little sore, it makes me a little pain, but if you have the opportunity to participate in a day of testing at the wheel of a Formula 1 car , you must take it. And you do not complain about pain that you can feel when you finish the day !"

PlatinumZealot

Spoutnik wrote:
Because of the higher corner speeds the old V8's are more tiring and more taxing on the body especially the neck and torso. Just check the number of times Jenson said he doesn't even have to train his neck for these cars anymore.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

f1316
f1316

I'll be interested to see if the Mercedes engined, non works teams are as strong here as they have been in the last two races.

Force India are bringing what we're led to believe is a b spec car, so it'll probably be tough to judge for them, but I'm intrigued to know if the progress seemingly made by Williams and lotus is genuine, overall performance improvement or allied to track specific advantages.

Andres125sx

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Spoutnik wrote:
Because of the higher corner speeds the old V8's are more tiring and more taxing on the body especially the neck and torso. Just check the number of times Jenson said he doesn't even have to train his neck for these cars anymore.
Because of the higher corner speeds the old aero rules are more tiring...

Engines have too little influence on tireness, it´s aero what makes it tiring or easy