2015 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 03-05 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
djos

Re: 2015 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 03-05 July

Wet qually would be great.
"In downforce we trust"

AnthonyG

J0rd4n wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
ChrisF1 wrote:I don't expect a wet race, in fact I often wonder if we'll ever see proper wet racing again anyway as Charlie has been overly cautious for a few years now, with the Bianchi crash only adding to it.
Add to that the useless Pirelli wet tyres, and if it rains a red flag is almost a certainty.

As much as I love wet races, I still prefer watching a race, so not sure if I want to see rain or not....
Suzuka was still a pretty good race last year, for me anyway, watching Hamilton school Rosberg in wet weather driving was fun.
It may be because I started watching F1 in that era, but we had absolutly epic races back then. Wet racing now would be impossible under those conditions.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-JSBhi2iAU[/youtube]

The year after, we even had a world champion due to his performance in wet races. Now his races would be flagged prematurely and he'd probably wouldn't have been a (double) WDC.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

Vasconia

Here in the Basque Country we are expecting temperatures around 35-40 degrees, so taking into account the traditionally humid and sticky weather we have here I think I´m gonna die. :lol:

In Cordoba(Andalusia-Spain) are reaching 45 degrees, but the worst fact is that during the night temperatures are still very high so people wake up absolutely f*cked. :?

In relation to the race is true that a truly wet race would be ruined by Charlie and the poor tyres so a wet-dry-wet race could be the best option.

This and Lewis starting the race in the middle of the pack. :D

evered7
evered7

Just_a_fan wrote:No, not that close to London.

Forecast is looking like Friday and possibly Saturday might be rain affected. Sunday will, I think, depend on Saturday. If we get thunderstorms on Saturday as looks possible then Sunday more likely to be dry. If it stays hot and humid through to Sunday then heavy showers or thunderstorms are more likely during the race. If it does rain on Sunday then it could be a safety car period because it'll probably be very heavy.

I live a few miles from the circuit.
Not sure why I went looking for London. Anyway, it looks like a dry weekend now acc. to Accuweather and Sunday at a lower temp than the rest of the days.

Edit: Shucks! Wimbledon and London separated by 10 miles, that's why.

PlatinumZealot

AnthonyG wrote:

It may be because I started watching F1 in that era, but we had absolutly epic races back then. Wet racing now would be impossible under those conditions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-JSBhi2iAU

The year after, we even had a world champion due to his performance in wet races. Now his races would be flagged prematurely and he'd probably wouldn't have been a (double) WDC.
Dayum.. those Bridgestone wets were good!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

Lots of downforce wasn't hurting either

Vasconia

BanMeToo wrote:Lots of downforce wasn't hurting either
Indeed, those cars have a lot of aerodynamic componnets which made them quite ugly.

Wow, I dont know if it is due to the heat but the forum seems to be quite quiet those days. Low expectations with the GP? :mrgreen:

iotar__

PlatinumZealot wrote:
AnthonyG wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-JSBhi2iAU

Dayum.. those Bridgestone wets were good!
Traction control + too easy to drive = rubbish, didn't you hear what F1 needs [-o< ? Plus another downforce/tyres myth from the perfect nostalgia past as if 2015 ones didn't teach people anything. BTW random sliding on water is not great racing for me.

I don't want to ever hear again that Ferrari is targeting Merc, Williams is targeting Ferrari, McLaren is targeting finishing 10 laps and the rest of them something else. Ricciardo "I don’t think we’ll be able to fight with Mercedes or Ferrari yet but hopefully we can be close to Williams" "Hopefully" = won't happen.

Two stops and a boring race unless it rains but cars look cool in high speed part. I bet Ferrari will be fast in FP2, slower later and Arrivabene will say it has to stop. He doesn't like pitstop mistakes, driver mistakes, and slower races compared to FP2. That's how he verbally separates himself from failure ("I don't want to ever see..") as if he wasn't the one responsible for it!

Emmcee

Iam hoping for one if not both mercs to have there first retirement so we can have a half decent race.
Real eyes realise real lies - Tupac Shakur.

Jordan44

Emmcee wrote:Iam hoping for one if not both mercs to have there first retirement so we can have a half decent race.
You speak like they will have a retirement. So far they've looked bulletproof, and considering their focus in pre-season testing was reliability, I don't expect them to.

zioture
zioture

Emmcee

J0rd4n wrote:
Emmcee wrote:Iam hoping for one if not both mercs to have there first retirement so we can have a half decent race.
You speak like they will have a retirement. So far they've looked bulletproof, and considering their focus in pre-season testing was reliability, I don't expect them to.

No, just wishful thinking, but your right, the do look bulletproof.
Real eyes realise real lies - Tupac Shakur.

raymondu999

J0rd4n wrote:
Very unlikely, but the law of averages would probably have them retire at least once the whole year. Otherwise, they'd be the first ever to complete every racing lap of the year. The closest anyone's come is complete all but one of the laps (Kimi Raikkonen in 2012 - he got lapped because of his skirmish with the exit road in Brazil
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

dren

Well I expect a Hamilton victory, rain or shine. Rosberg a likely 2nd and then a fight between a Williams and Vettel for 3rd. It will be interesting to see where Force India sits after their large update.
Honda!

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

I may well be in a party of one, but I've never been a fan of 'new' Silverstone.

That added with there being somewhere between 0.1% - 0.99% chance of anything but a Merc winning makes me struggle to muster much enthusiasm.

Even the usually very exciting feeder series' are boring around a dry Silverstone in my humble opinion.