2015 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, September 4 - 6

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
SimRacer
SimRacer

Re: 2015 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, September 4 - 6

delete please
Last edited by SimRacer on 18 Sep 2015, 14:38, edited 1 time in total.

djos

SimRacer wrote: No he is not actually, he's absolutely correct as far as I'm concerned.
How exactly is he correct? The situation has been explained in full below:
dans79 wrote:This gives a nice clear overview of how the entire tire pressure saga was because of the FIA's (Jo Bauer's) incompetence.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/itali ... ole-story/
The fault is with the FIA for conducting surprise checks after the Pirelli engineers had already verified the tires were at the correct pressure while in their actively heated blankets. The FIA need a lesson in basic physics.

The only other corrective action required is for Pirelli to ensure their engineers all use the same procedures with all the teams for consistency.
"In downforce we trust"

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

SimRacer wrote: By the way, the level of fanboyism in this site is truly astonishing. It being a "technical" place and all...
Fanboyism goes both ways. :roll:

Any way, you and iotar are wrong - the rule is quite clear that the pressure is set at the point the tyres go on the car. At that point, the tyres on the Mercedes cars were correct. Pirelli, who have nothing to gain from helping Mercedes over another team, stated the tyres were correct. The only people who messed up were the FIA "technical" team.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Phil

I'm really astonished that for a technical site, some posters have a hard time grasping the relationship between temperature and pressure. Irregardless if some feel there are some politics involved, the fact of the matter remains is that the new tire pressure requirements (or the enforcing of them) weren't thought out fully, perhaps because of the FIA (once again) incompetence or because they rushed it.

We don't want arbitrary rules that make no sense. The minimum pressure makes sense, but you don't for example a situation occurring like a surface temperature dropping significantly, then a (virtual) safety car coming out and most teams struggling to keep temperatures in their tire, drop below the required pressure as a result and then face a penalty for a something that is entirely out of their hands. You can't over inflate tires for every situation that can arise during the race either - as that in itself would pose a security concern (less grip/worse wear). So the only way to enforce such a rule is to enforce them in a controlled environment (i.e. under tire blankets) or if normalize them to a specific temperature. Anything other than that is just problematic.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Vary
Vary

Do we know what happened to Raikkonen at the start? Why didn't the anti-stall entered to avoid the having a car stopped on the grid?

siskue2005

clutch problems, it didnt disengage

GPR-A duplicate2

siskue2005 wrote:clutch problems, it didnt disengage
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferra ... o-mercedes
"Kimi had done a great qualifying, and we were all pleased," he said. "In the race, he messed up a bit, we need to still to check, but most probably messed up a bit with the fingers.

langwadt
langwadt

Vary wrote:Do we know what happened to Raikkonen at the start? Why didn't the anti-stall entered to avoid the having a car stopped on the grid?
anti-stall just keeps the engine running that wasn't the problem. It looked like some technical glitch (or Kimi) put the car in neutral

Vary
Vary

langwadt wrote:
Vary wrote:Do we know what happened to Raikkonen at the start? Why didn't the anti-stall entered to avoid the having a car stopped on the grid?
anti-stall just keeps the engine running that wasn't the problem. It looked like some technical glitch (or Kimi) put the car in neutral
Yes, the anti-stall keeps the engine running, but doesn't it do this with gear engaged, does it?

Phil

The problem with Kimi's start did get me wondering too:

If anti-stall did kick in, that to me assumes that a gear was engaged. I'm not sure though that actually happened... From what it seemed like, the gear simply wasn't engaged (thus no anti-stall)...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

mertol

How many races this season, Kimi didn't screw up? 3 maybe? Even with no info from anywhere, just statistically I'd bet the stall was his fault.

langwadt
langwadt

Vary wrote:
langwadt wrote:
Yes, the anti-stall keeps the engine running, but doesn't it do this with gear engaged, does it?
afaui it does, it just keeps the clutch engaged until you reset by pressing the paddle all the way

it doesn't look like anti-stall that car didn't move at all, when he let go of the clutch

https://vimeo.com/122779368 at 1:27

siskue2005

GPR-A wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:clutch problems, it didnt disengage
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferra ... o-mercedes
"Kimi had done a great qualifying, and we were all pleased," he said. "In the race, he messed up a bit, we need to still to check, but most probably messed up a bit with the fingers.
Why did you miss the middle part

Vary
Vary

This bring me a new question: can it be that the ferrari anti-stall is different from the others? For example, I read an interview of Maldonado for Autosprint (italian magazine) in which he says that after the new starting rules we probably wouldn't see car blocked on the grid because the anti-stall is there to prevent it (he also says the at the start in budapest he let the anti-stall enter, and so did a bad start)

langwadt
langwadt

Vary wrote:This bring me a new question: can it be that the ferrari anti-stall is different from the others? For example, I read an interview of Maldonado for Autosprint (italian magazine) in which he says that after the new starting rules we probably wouldn't see car blocked on the grid because the anti-stall is there to prevent it (he also says the at the start in budapest he let the anti-stall enter, and so did a bad start)
I believe it is in the rules that the only automatic clutch control is anti-stall and it must work in a certain way.
afair it should fully disengage the clutch and keep it disengaged until the clutch paddle has been fully pressed and released again