2016 F1 Spanish Grand Prix

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Yurasyk
Yurasyk

Re: 2016 F1 Spanish Grand Prix

The second and the third pits of Vet were disastrous. After such a long first stint they definitely must were focused on two stops. But all of a sudden decided to follow Ric, undercut Ves and drop a significant part of current tyres life. And then finally the dumbiest move (at least of this year) was to f**k off Vet and let him to go for a rest of the race on the same strategy and tyre life as Rai and Ves, but 7 sec behind Rai and 10 sec behind Ves.

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

At end the three stopper was lost during the 1st half of the race, ware Vettel was stuck behind Verstappen. It was Massa who showed the perfect execution of the three stopper this time. And in hindsight, the Soft was 2s quicker vs the used Medium. But after that the new Mediums were actually quicker than the Softs with only 6 laps on them and the teams did not expected it.

komninosm
komninosm

WTH was up with Vettel's strategy? I was sure he had a puncture or something. Otherwise that was totally stupid.
Last edited by Steven on 16 May 2016, 12:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed trollbait

Vasconia

jurinius wrote:
Vasconia wrote:What a race!!
Not a lot to comment about this, it seems that Nico had a problem and at the same time Lewis was too optimistic trying to overtake Nico in that place. We can say a lot of things about this incident but what Lewis has said it sounds like an apologize to me. So lets move on.

Anyway Nico was super solid overtaking Lewis in the first corner, dont you think that? Nico doesnt seem to be the weak driver who couldnt overtake Lewis anymore.
1- Not too optimistic at all, Nico was on playstation mode, he saw the bullet coming, I am saying that because when the red light flashing on his car, you can see him taking the normal racing line then realize how f...k he was slow, look on his mirror and probably said I have nothing to loose I ll stop him.

2- No apologize needed here, Lewis is describing clearly what happened, but Nico interview was such a rigolade ! were u distracted ? euh no I wasn't ... Did you see Lewis coming on the right ? Yeah I was aware of ...

3- This came to "Nico is solid on overtaking ..." now ! , "Nico doesnt seem to be ... weak driver ..." . Where is the problem to recognize that your are weak when it is a reality, strong doesn't mean being Maldonnado esque and nobody said weak as Jo Palmer

BTW Lewis is already 3 times champion, Nico 0. Let's go to the next races. a 1 2 driver decision :D ?
Nothing to add about your first point. About the second, I dont mean it was necessary or not, but it sounds like an apologize.

Man I am sorry but I dont understant what you mean in the third point hahah.

I know how many WC Lewis has, but we are speaking about the current situation. And I dont expect a 1-2 driver strategy ast Toto has clearly stated. This battle ended in a very negative way but those are the battles I like.

Vasconia

NL_Fer wrote:At end the three stopper was lost during the 1st half of the race, ware Vettel was stuck behind Verstappen. It was Massa who showed the perfect execution of the three stopper this time. And in hindsight, the Soft was 2s quicker vs the used Medium. But after that the new Mediums were actually quicker than the Softs with only 6 laps on them and the teams did not expected it.
Those tyres are destroying some strategies which is quite good for us because races are more exciting. Temperatures seem to afect them so much!

santos
santos

For me the drivers of the weekend were Nico and Lewis. Both gave us a great race yesterday. If they didn't crash, they would easilly make another 1-2 finish.

komninosm
komninosm

Vasconia wrote:
NL_Fer wrote:At end the three stopper was lost during the 1st half of the race, ware Vettel was stuck behind Verstappen. It was Massa who showed the perfect execution of the three stopper this time. And in hindsight, the Soft was 2s quicker vs the used Medium. But after that the new Mediums were actually quicker than the Softs with only 6 laps on them and the teams did not expected it.
Those tyres are destroying some strategies which is quite good for us because races are more exciting. Temperatures seem to afect them so much!
It was so weird, i thought Vettel had a slow puncture and they weren't sure if they had to change tires or not. I think at one point Ferrari did a fake stop too (people getting ready for a pitstop then withdrawn), didn't they?

komninosm
komninosm

Shrieker wrote:Hamilton shouldn't have gone onto the grass, he should've stayed on the tarmac and let Rosberg hit him instead.
It'd be %100 Rosberg, no questions asked then.
Then the rear tire of Rosberg would hit the front tire of Hamilton. Are you sure that would be 100% Rosberg being accused then? I'm not sure about the rules of it, or the "atmosphere" of commenters...

Sadly we didn't get that because of Hamilton's natural reflexes to avoid collision. This is why the "push" usually works. Drivers instinctively try to avoid collisions (when they're not consciously "causing" them, well not causing them, rather forcing the issue)

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Nico Monaco 2014
Exactly. A dirty move after knowing he f*cked up, and as posted above, there is no denying he f*cked up. He ruined his own race and then decided to ruin Lewis' too because he knows that's the only way to try to get the WDC this time around.
Funny enough, the 2014 season started similarly.
Last edited by Steven on 16 May 2016, 14:51, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed nickname and added some punctuation
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Powy
Powy

- Interview with Verstappen in which he explains how he managed his tyres and controlled the gap to Raikönnen.

- Here are the results again. Does anyone know what happened to Grosjean (DNF)?

- Overall I thought it was a good race. The 2 vs 3 stop strategies made it interesting and I enjoyed the duel between Verstappen and Raikönnen and the one between Vettel and Ricciardo.

komninosm
komninosm

Moanlower wrote:
F1PuertoRico wrote:
John192 wrote:Sky reporting no penalty for Ros or Ham
Stewards are a joke. I knew that was coming.
Since no other team had a disadvantage but Merc and their drivers it makes sense not to penalise a driver although I think ROS would've got a penalty if it was with a RBR driver instead of HAM. Especially when Merc nor the drivers were insisting for a penalty.
I agree with your reasoning, but I'm curious what do the rules say about it? I mean when Vettel and Webber crashed was there a penalty? Or any other teammates? Is it spelled out on the rules or just a non-verbal understanding?

GrayGreat
GrayGreat

Manoah2u wrote:
Nico Monaco 2014
exactly. a dirty move after knowing he *fcked up. and as posted above, there is no denying britney f*cked up. he ruined his own race and then decided to ruin Lewis' too because he knows that's the only way to try to get the WDC this time around. funny enough, the 2014 season started similarly.
Cursing is not going to change the reality. Carry on.

NathanOlder

And you blaming Lewis isn't going to change the reality that Nico was more to blame.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

flynfrog

henra wrote: I'm completely at a loss about the benefit of this never ending second guessing who of the two had the 51% share of guilt in this incident? what does it change? What does it give you?
The race is over. Both were out early. Both had their fair amount of involvement.
Nico made an error in a setting, when he noticed it he defended aggressively, Lewis attacked aggressively. Speed difference between both was high, so reaction time for both was very short once each one committed to his manouver (which was basically at the same time).
Result: Foreseeable.

Quoting this for post of the race. Seriously guys the team said it was a racing incident as did the stewards and the drivers. Give it a rest. You are not going to change anyone else's view on the subject.

Steven
Owner

Powy wrote:Does anyone know what happened to Grosjean (DNF)?
Team statement: "Grosjean, meanwhile, sustained a broken front wing that needed to be replaced on lap 38, which jettisoned him from 12th to 18th, one lap down. Then on lap 57, Grosjean keyed the radio saying he had no more brakes. This being a safety issue, Grosjean brought the car to the garage"