2016 F1 Spanish Grand Prix

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
GrayGreat

Re: 2016 F1 Spanish Grand Prix

NathanOlder wrote:And you blaming Lewis isn't going to change the reality that Nico was more to blame.
And You blaming Nico will put the blame 100% on Nico? You have succeeded. Congrats. Now feel better and move on.

Moanlower

komninosm wrote:
Moanlower wrote:
F1PuertoRico wrote: Stewards are a joke. I knew that was coming.
Since no other team had a disadvantage but Merc and their drivers it makes sense not to penalise a driver although I think ROS would've got a penalty if it was with a RBR driver instead of HAM. Especially when Merc nor the drivers were insisting for a penalty.
I agree with your reasoning, but I'm curious what do the rules say about it? I mean when Vettel and Webber crashed was there a penalty? Or any other teammates? Is it spelled out on the rules or just a non-verbal understanding?
I'm not sure about the rules and honestly don't feel like looking it up. :) Also forgot what happened with the Vettel and Webber incident, maybe someone with a good memory can help?

I don't think there's anything written about not penalising teammates, i'd be surprised actually. But it's mostly up to the stewards' common sense I guess. If it was clear that either of the teammates deliberately breached the rules i'm pretty sure a penalty would be given no matter what the team or drivers say to stewards.
Losers focus on winners, winners focus on winning.

iotar__

basti313 wrote:
Restomaniac wrote:
basti313 wrote: No idea. I think most fanboys miss the point, that the decisions had to be made in milliseconds with this speed difference. And both drivers made them wrong. Ham did not do the easy overtake on the racing line and Ros closed the gap.
I agree that in hindsight the easy overtake was the racing line due to Rosbergs speed.
However at that moment the place you go to overtake is to the Right. Hamilton went where you would normally go only to find Rosberg going further and further Right due to him focusing on his engine settings on his wheel.
If you look at it in super slow motion yes...but in reality there was no "further and further", the situation was too fast to control.
By the way, Ros finished his wheel adjustments right when he exited the corner. So "focusing on his engine settings" was already done when he closed the gap. Also for this one I think everything just happend too fast due to the high speed difference and this is also what the stewards said.
Like it matters when it happened, it's just another excuse for usual diluting and shifting attention from basic facts. They think that talking about Rosberg changes Hamilton's driving, what was he focusing on BTW? Certainly not on getting his braking points right and keeping the car on track. At least treating some engine mode as an obligatory element or nitro boost/full stop got old. "It happened too fast"? Like every stupid attempt/collision, so what?

Now it's Rosberg focusing on his wheel adjustments that is at fault #-o. He could have smoked a pipe or played a banjo and it doesn't change anything. His line was perfectly normal and so was his speed, what wasn't normal was Hamilton bad attempt, going off track, losing a car and causing a collision. "But you see Rosberg was going further and further and further..." on his normal one defensive move and Hamilton expected him to disappear. Amazingly he didn't.

giantfan10

Hamilton expected him to leave one car length.. as simple as that.... when Hamilton made the decision to pass Rosberg was closer to the left of the track with a bigger gap to the right of the track so Hamilton went right.. rosberg then went right to slam the door in the exact same fashion he did to Ricciardo last year and ended up with a puncture then

lio007

A little OT, but I don't where else I should ask this:

Does anybody know when tomorrows in-season-test starts?

Just_a_fan

iotar__ wrote: His line was perfectly normal and so was his speed
There was nothing normal about his line and his speed was certainly much less than normal. If the line and speed were normal then there wouldn't have been a problem because Hamilton wouldn't have been able to get close enough to attempt the pass. Your hatred of Hamilton is so blinding you that you don't even see the glaring errors in your diatribe.

Get back under your bridge. :roll:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

iotar__

Just_a_fan wrote:
iotar__ wrote: His line was perfectly normal and so was his speed
There was nothing normal about his line and his speed was certainly much less than normal. If the line and speed were normal then there wouldn't have been a problem because Hamilton wouldn't have been able to get close enough to attempt the pass. Your hatred of Hamilton is so blinding you that you don't even see the glaring errors in your diatribe.

Get back under your bridge. :roll:
- he was slower it doesn't mean it wasn't normal, speed difference = normal
- his line was perfectly normal and it's not even debatable by any objective criteria, rules are very clear and your blind fanaticism doesn't change them. Who was in front who was behind? Hint1: front and back wheels are reference points. The first time it was even close was when Hamilton was off track. Hint2 - that's not where you race. Even if it was a sudden change it would be normal, it was smooth and gradual - Hamilton was behind all the time.

Aral wrote:- personal attack has been removed

Just_a_fan

iotar__ wrote: Who was in front who was behind? Hint1: front and back wheels are reference points. The first time it was even close was when Hamilton was off track.
Wrong (again). Track to his right and front end in front of Rosberg's rear end. See how you make yourself look foolish?

Rosberg has form for running people off the track in high speed sections. Ask Alonso about his views of Rosberg's driving in 2012.

The stewards have said "racing incident" and that's that. The drivers have accepted it. Just the trolls left...

Anyway, time to get on with more important things.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

NathanOlder

GrayGreat wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:And you blaming Lewis isn't going to change the reality that Nico was more to blame.
And You blaming Nico will put the blame 100% on Nico? You have succeeded. Congrats. Now feel better and move on.
Thanks, at least you came to your senses. Takes a big man to admit their wrong, well done fella.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

a1b2i3r45

Was it artificial grass, where Lewis lost the car ?

Would he lose the car if there was natural grass instead ? :?: :?:

Steven
Owner

No and yes, but I don't see how that matters.

basti313

Can we come back to how the race unfolded afterwards? That was a nice discussion a few pages ago ;)
Last edited by Steven on 16 May 2016, 20:01, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed reply to deleted post
Don`t russel the hamster!

Jolle

Just_a_fan wrote:
iotar__ wrote: Who was in front who was behind? Hint1: front and back wheels are reference points. The first time it was even close was when Hamilton was off track.
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x60 ... 3LkfD4.jpg
Wrong (again). Track to his right and front end in front of Rosberg's rear end. See how you make yourself look foolish?

Rosberg has form for running people off the track in high speed sections. Ask Alonso about his views of Rosberg's driving in 2012.

The stewards have said "racing incident" and that's that. The drivers have accepted it. Just the trolls left...

Anyway, time to get on with more important things.
Plus, when you know you're slower trough a mistake, weaving this sharp snd strong (the racing line was all the way on the other side of the track) is nothing short of dangerous. The more I see it, the more I'm convinced it's a big mistake from Nico.

iotar__

Are gifs OK? if not delete it:
As a negative example - not normal line as opposed to Rosberg's normal, differences: A. in front (defending) vs next to. B. both changing line vs only one. Similarities: name and lack of penalties ;-) You can treat the other car as off track (doesn't really matter).

wesley123

iotar__ wrote: - his line was perfectly normal and it's not even debatable by any objective criteria
Yeah, it's perfectly normal to cross from the left edge of the track to the right edge of the track within 200m! What makes it even more normal is the fact that the racing line was on the outer left edge of the track at that point.

Now, the sarcasm was obvious: No, his line wasn't normal in any way. If he left a car width room in this move, then yes, it would be okay. But Rosberg did not.
rules are very clear and your blind fanaticism doesn't change them.
Indeed, the rules are very clear. The rules require the defending driver to leave a car width room if the attacking driver is next to you with his front wing.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender