2016 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, Thu 26 – Sun 29 May

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
tomas6791

2016 Formula 1 Brembo Brake Facts At Monaco Track and Nico Hülkenberg - Video

2016 Formula 1 Brembo Brake Facts At Monaco Track and Nico Hülkenberg

Vasconia

Re: 2016 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, Thu 26 – Sun 29 May

A classic race. Yes, I know that it could be considered one of the most boring races of all the season. BUT! I love the track and the atmosphere. This is one of the tracks I really would like to drive.

My prediction(unless it rains which sadly I dont expect to happen):

Real:

1. Hamilton
2. Rosberg(but he could win, I have doubts with this prediction).
3. Ricciardo
4. Vettel
5. Verstappen
6. Kimi
7. Sainz
8. Alonso
9. Button
10. Kvyat.

What I would like to see:

1. Vettel
2. Rosberg
3. Sainz
4. Hamilton
5. Ricciardo.
6. Alonso
7. Kyviat
8. Verstappen
9. Button
10. Raikkonen

With(lots of)rain:

1. Red flag...

now seriously:

1. Hamilton
2. Alonso
3. Sainz

Its free to dream! hahaaha. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Vasconia on 20 May 2016, 11:44, edited 1 time in total.

turbof1

Stickied
#AeroFrodo

WaikeCU

Hoping for Wehrlein at P10 on Sunday. Miracles happen here! :wink:

wickedz50

Whoever qualifies on pole will wrap this one up without any incidents. Hamilton will begin his 4th WDC charge from here on. Rosberg (if not broken down like 2014 after the crash incident) should be smart for the next few races and not get involved with Hamilton for the win, a few 2nd place finish wont hurt him. Chances of a superior race winning car to Hamilton will come. If he is broken down like before mentally then I am looking at a big slump in form. RBR will slip in a few second place finish in Monaco and next.
I will keep Ferrari out of my expectations. They better pull their acts together as a team (Drivers, mechanics and strategists all ) else the 2nd place will go by end of 2016. A win this season looks out of question.

Vasconia

wickedz50 wrote:Whoever qualifies on pole will wrap this one up without any incidents. Hamilton will begin his 4th WDC charge from here on. Rosberg (if not broken down like 2014 after the crash incident) should be smart for the next few races and not get involved with Hamilton for the win, a few 2nd place finish wont hurt him. Chances of a superior race winning car to Hamilton will come. If he is broken down like before mentally then I am looking at a big slump in form. RBR will slip in a few second place finish in Monaco and next.
I will keep Ferrari out of my expectations. They better pull their acts together as a team (Drivers, mechanics and strategists all ) else the 2nd place will go by end of 2016. A win this season looks out of question.
I think that it will be a clean race between both Mercedes drivers. The poleman will win the race because the team will suggest "a clean start" IMO.

I hope Barcelona´s incident doesnt affect Nico as it happened in 2014 after SPA. The Championship is being interesting thanks not only to the problems suffered by Lewis, but mainly thanks to Nico´s great shape.

ME4ME

I'm expecting a massive fight for pole between the Mercedes and Red Bull driver(s), and probably Vettel too. Hopefully Renault will bring their new PU and spice things up.

Also it will be interesting to see how Mclaren and Williams fare.

wickedz50

Vasconia wrote:
wickedz50 wrote:Whoever qualifies on pole will wrap this one up without any incidents. Hamilton will begin his 4th WDC charge from here on. Rosberg (if not broken down like 2014 after the crash incident) should be smart for the next few races and not get involved with Hamilton for the win, a few 2nd place finish wont hurt him. Chances of a superior race winning car to Hamilton will come. If he is broken down like before mentally then I am looking at a big slump in form. RBR will slip in a few second place finish in Monaco and next.
I think that it will be a clean race between both Mercedes drivers. The poleman will win the race because the team will suggest "a clean start" IMO.

I hope Barcelona´s incident doesnt affect Nico as it happened in 2014 after SPA. The Championship is being interesting thanks not only to the problems suffered by Lewis, but mainly thanks to Nico´s great shape.

The point is Hamilton is such a natural racer that any opening available will make him grab it forcing an error from Rosberg. In the process chances of collision is unavoidable.
Rosberg needs to take things easy I guess from here on. Losing 1st place to Lewis for a few races wont be bad and may be build up the relationship. ( The art of war is not to let your enemy know that you are at war with him).

fawe4

wickedz50 wrote:The point is Hamilton is such a natural racer that any opening available will make him grab it forcing an error from Rosberg. In the process chances of collision is unavoidable.
Rosberg needs to take things easy I guess from here on. Losing 1st place to Lewis for a few races wont be bad and may be build up the relationship. ( The art of war is not to let your enemy know that you are at war with him).
Yeah, right... The point for Rosberg is to take as much as possible from each race. Especially from this one. It is his home track. His home race. This one matters more. Anything else but one hundred effort is a loss for morale and a loss for self confidence.
Even if it weren't, the last thing he needs is Lewis getting a win an his morale back.

But let's not forget that they are only drivers. Merc has the final say here, and by the shenanigans that they performed on the last race, they have enough reasons to delegate the places.

j2004p

Nando on pole :wink:

turbof1

Really guys, almost a week has passed yet some are apparently still fuming about the Mercedes incident at Barcelona?

Let me break down how this 'discussion' will go: someone will come with "Yo Hamilton is da sh*t dog, he just got cheesed by Rottenberg." then someone will come and say "Yo Rosberg is da sh*t dog, Hamsterton couldn't even fit in the tiniest of holes." a third person will come along randomly calling people both haterboys, fanboys and DonaldThrumpboys (Donald Drumpf for the DonaldTrumphaterboys), then the hit-eachother-with-handbag round starts, with ultimately a moderator closing the topic and swinging with the finger extremely wild, like a radical conservative priest ("you shall not defile this holy place! Let's all pray and cleanse this place from the peagants!").

Is it perhaps somewhere even remotely possible we skip that tedious piece of theatre?
#AeroFrodo

Manoah2u

shock programme:

Vettel Qualifies P1
Hamilton screws up his lap and hits the wall during Q2 and can't continue.
Rosberg P2
Ricciardo P3

first corner lewis gets hit from Guiterez.
Rosberg gets his first technical problem DNF.
Ricciardo undercuts Ferrari but once again gets a flat.
Vettel 1st
Verstappen 2nd
Raikkonen 3rd.

Alonso 4th.
Ricciardo 5th.

Guitterez taking out Lewis 1st corner causes a pile-up.

Haryanto 6th.

Ok, there only will be 6 cars left.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

wickedz50

j2004p wrote:Nando on pole :wink:
Are we having a reverse grid qualifying for Monaco 2016? :lol:

Jokes apart, does anyone have a weather update for Monaco for the race weekend?

iotar__

wickedz50 wrote:The point is Hamilton is such a natural racer that any opening available will make him grab it forcing an error from Rosberg. In the process chances of collision is unavoidable.
:shock: Really? I mean: really, I'm the one getting messages?

Three things that can make this race mildly interesting:
- ultra softs - longer second stint with some pace/strategy variety? Two stops - doubt it. Allocation is not giving any clues: Qx10 and one stint on harder tyres
- RB close to Merc
- safety cars etc.