2016 Austrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, Fri 01 – Sun 03 Jul 2016

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Vasconia

Re: 2016 Austrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, Fri 01 – Sun 03 Jul 2016

Jolle wrote:Which isn't strange, the works teams budget is around five to ten times that of the customer teams on chassis/aero development.
Renault bought the team quite late so they didnt have enough time to build a good chasis. The should do a much better work for the next season.

Which are the budgets of the teams for this season?

mrluke

giantfan10 wrote:
mrluke wrote:The reason this rule has struggled to get through is because some teams are running last years PU for budget reasons. This rule bans that thereby making the PU more expensive for the lower teams.

The Renault works team is being soundly beaten by their customer team.

I am sure we have seen Ferrari beaten by STR at some GPs this year.

There is nothing mythical about the Mercedes car. They started work on it 2-3 years before anybody else even looked at the regs, they are delivering the full package, there isnt a single magic bullet its just everything.
the renault works team is behind red bull because of a susbtandard car which was designed for a mercedes engine.. secondly red bull negotiated with renault for works status and thats why things are the way they are.
point me to the race this year that STR finished ahead of Ferrari on pace....in fact point me to any race this year where a merc powered car or a Ferrari powered car finished ahead of the manufacturer team on pure pace....
Off the top of my head the first 2/3 races a Haas driver beat a Ferrari driver on pure pace.

sosic2121

F1NAC wrote:Almost died laughing :mrgreen: :mrgreen: =D>

https://twitter.com/BadF1Stats/status/7 ... 0548463616
here's another one:
Lewis Hamilton forgot to look right for the first time since Canada 2016.

dans79

sosic2121 wrote:

here's another one:
Nico, is that you?
197 104 103 7

sosic2121

is that the famous English humor?

dans79

sosic2121 wrote:is that the famous English humor?
Well, I'm not English, so no! :wtf:
197 104 103 7

komninosm

sosic2121 wrote:

here's another one:
That wasn't funny at all #-o
Even if Canada wasn't a racing incident (hint: it was, even the stewards agree and anyone who isn't a Rosberg fangirl or Hamilton hater) and it was Hamilton's fault , even then it wouldn't be funny the way you structured it. There's a joke there to be made, but you failed miserably, sorry.

PS: I still do not understand why they gave Rosberg a 10 second penalty. Don't the rules say that causing a collision is 10 second pit penalty and that transforms to 30 seconds added to race time if you do not pit?
Last edited by komninosm on 10 Jul 2016, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.

djones

Fully expecting a Hamilton car failure today.

He is getting too close to Nico in the championship and Mercedes can't be having that.

Not the sort of failure where its a DNF. Just something small that puts him about 0.6 a lap slower or something.

sosic2121

komninosm wrote:
sosic2121 wrote:

here's another one:
Even if Canada wasn't a racing incident (hint: it was, even the stewards agree and anyone who isn't a Rosberg fangirl or Hamilton hater) and it was Hamilton's fault , even then it wouldn't be funny the way you structured it. There's a joke there to be made, but you failed miserably, sorry.

PS: I still do not understand why they gave Rosberg a 10 second penalty. Don't the rules say that causing a collision is 10 second pit penalty and that transforms to 30 seconds added to race time if you do not pit?
I haven't seen any funny joke up there.
his penalty is for driving damaged car

komninosm

sosic2121 wrote:
komninosm wrote:
sosic2121 wrote: here's another one:

I haven't seen any funny joke up there.
his penalty is for driving damaged car
No there was a funny joke by the twitter user.
You on the other hand failed at humor and at logic.
You also either lied or grossly misinterpreted the FACTS
Rosberg was given 10 sec penalty for colliding with another car AND a 2 points license penalty for driving a damaged car. And in Monaco 2014 he was DSQ from Q for cheating. These are FACTS.

sosic2121

"After the qualifying session had concluded, Nico Rosberg was uinvestigated by the stewards under suspicion of deliberately spoiling Hamilton's lap.[4] The stewards examined video evidence as well as telemetry data from the team and the FIA, eventually concluding that there was no evidence of any wrongdoing by Rosberg." well, my source says that FIA doesn't agree with your FACTS.
so, joke is alluding to something that according to FIA didn't happen?
And in Austria Nico turned right BEFORE the crash. how about that?
look at the replay if you don't believe. also contact happened while hamilton was some 2 meters from the white line.

ffs, am I the only one here that sees that!?
of course he braked super deep, much deeper than would be fair to do to your teammate, but with history they have from Canada, Austin, Suzuka, Spain, Spa and same minor situations, what did you or anyone else expect?
also Nico blocked Lewis from coming back to the track.
is the joke still funny?

komninosm

Wow Rosberg did not get punished for Monaco 2014... my memory failed me... it was such an obvious cheater move and rule breaking...
I feel sorry for such an event, another blemish on F1
You're still wrong about Austria though. Rosberg got 2 penalties for two reasons.
And the joke did not depend on the FIA penalties, but on the dirty cheater Rosberg behavior which is obvious to all but Rosberg fangirls and "some" Hamilton haters.

sosic2121

sosic2121 wrote:"After the qualifying session had concluded, Nico Rosberg was uinvestigated by the stewards under suspicion of deliberately spoiling Hamilton's lap.[4] The stewards examined video evidence as well as telemetry data from the team and the FIA, eventually concluding that there was no evidence of any wrongdoing by Rosberg." well, my source says that FIA doesn't agree with your FACTS.
so, joke is alluding to something that according to FIA didn't happen?
And in Austria Nico turned right BEFORE the crash. how about that?
look at the replay if you don't believe. also contact happened while hamilton was some 2 meters from the white line.

ffs, am I the only one here that sees that!?
of course he braked super deep, much deeper than would be fair to do to your teammate, but with history they have from Canada, Austin, Suzuka, Spain, Spa and same minor situations, what did you or anyone else expect?
also Nico blocked Lewis from coming back to the track.
is the joke still funny?
I was wrong about Austria punishment, I've read it somewhere and it seems it's not right

Jolle

komninosm wrote:Wow Rosberg did not get punished for Monaco 2014... my memory failed me... it was such an obvious cheater move and rule breaking...
I feel sorry for such an event, another blemish on F1
You're still wrong about Austria though. Rosberg got 2 penalties for two reasons.
And the joke did not depend on the FIA penalties, but on the dirty cheater Rosberg behavior which is obvious to all but Rosberg fangirls and "some" Hamilton haters.
I think if Monaco 2014 would happen now, it would be a very different story.