2016 Austrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, Fri 01 – Sun 03 Jul 2016

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
iotar__

Re: 2016 Austrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, Fri 01 – Sun 03 Jul 2016

komninosm wrote:Wow Rosberg did not get punished for Monaco 2014... my memory failed me... it was such an obvious cheater move and rule breaking...
I feel sorry for such an event, another blemish on F1
You're still wrong about Austria though. Rosberg got 2 penalties for two reasons.
And the joke did not depend on the FIA penalties, but on the dirty cheater Rosberg behavior which is obvious to all but Rosberg fangirls and "some" Hamilton haters.
komninosm wrote:
sosic2121 wrote:
komninosm wrote: That wasn't funny at all #-o
Even if Canada wasn't a racing incident (hint: it was, even the stewards agree and anyone who isn't a Rosberg fangirl or Hamilton hater) and it was Hamilton's fault , even then it wouldn't be funny the way you structured it. There's a joke there to be made, but you failed miserably, sorry.

PS: I still do not understand why they gave Rosberg a 10 second penalty. Don't the rules say that causing a collision is 10 second pit penalty and that transforms to 30 seconds added to race time if you do not pit?
I haven't seen any funny joke up there.
his penalty is for driving damaged car
No there was a funny joke by the twitter user.
You on the other hand failed at humor and at logic.
You also either lied or grossly misinterpreted the FACTS
Rosberg was given 10 sec penalty for colliding with another car AND a 2 points license penalty for driving a damaged car. And in Monaco 2014 he was DSQ from Q for cheating. These are FACTS.
Jolle wrote:I think if Monaco 2014 would happen now, it would be a very different story.
What a wonderful, unbiased and firmly related to reality additions but shouldn't they be in Monaco GP '14 thread? We wouldn't want to be off topic, would we? :wtf: Spamming fanatics enclave.

lebesset

iotar__ wrote:
GrizzleBoy wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:fan video of the crash.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 4LZK5Ko0OU
Nico looks 100x worse from this angle.

There's no way to argue that he wasn't going to completely block from ever turning into the corner at all while on track.

If Lewis waited just one more second to turn in he'd already have been off track, before ever turning his steering wheel. "It took me completely by surprise when he turned". Okay. Completely ridiculous lol.

Couple this with his numerous, "my brakes were hot, but I was 100% in control" statements and I don't even know what to say.

How people are comparing Lewis' or any other drivers hard defending manoeuvres with this video game style dive bomb is impossible to fathom. Even when argument over "intent" is brought in.

It's just straight up terrible driving.
- Angle changes nothing, same incident
- I am comparing it and mostly to USA '15. Rosberg's was worse overall (change of direction, Hamilton closer to get in front although not "fully ahead" of course) but it was in the same ballpark
- one element in pushing off USA '15 was worse, the purpose wasn't to stay in front or prevent overtake (like here) but solely to put the other drive off track and ruin his race, Hamilton was in front and was staying in front, that was also dirty and "straight up terrible driving"
- If you refuse to acknowledge similarities I don't care about your opinion about F1 racing. Suzuka and Canada were lesser but had the same purpose - put the other off track and all of them end up in collisions had Rosberg attempted to stay no track like Hamilton here.
- other elements already mentioned: last lap, previous incidents, strategy against one driver, team orders in Monaco - time for Hamilton and Mercedes to concede something
- "Couple this with his numerous, "my brakes were hot, but I was 100% in control" statements and I don't even know what to say." You don't have to say anything (probably for the better :-)) but at least don't lie and report reality fully:
"At the end of the second to last lap, Nico's brake-by-wire failed, so he had no electronic braking."

quote after race from rosberg ...my brakes had been bad for several laps , so hardly a surprise at that corner then

incidentally you are actually nico rosberg and I claim the €100 prize for working our who you are
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

komninosm

Yeah Rosberg is lying about so many things he got confused LOL
turbof1 wrote:
stuartpengs wrote:
turbof1 wrote: Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe that to be correct. They have 5s, 10s, 20s and can even quantify a drive through or stop 'n go and convert it into a time penalty. Next to the DSQ of course.
No I don't think that's correct. It's a 5 or 10 second time penalty applied either during a race (when a car has a scheduled pitstop) or after the race if no more pit-stops; a drive-through (during the race) or disqualification. That's it as far as I'm aware for race penalties.

There aren't 'stop-go' penalties anymore.
38.3 The stewards may impose any one of the penalties below on any driver involved in an Incident:
a) A five second time penalty. The driver must enter the pit lane, stop in his pit stop position for at least five seconds and then re-join the race. The relevant driver may however elect not to stop, provided he carries out no further pit stop before the end of the race. In such cases five seconds will be added to the elapsed race time of the driver concerned.
b) A ten second time penalty. The driver must enter the pit lane, stop in his pit stop position for at least ten seconds and then re-join the race. The relevant driver may however elect not to stop, provided he carries out no further pit stop before the end of the race. In such cases ten seconds will be added to the elapsed race time of the driver concerned.
In both of the above cases the driver concerned must carry out the penalty the next time he enters the pit lane.
c) A drive-through penalty. The driver must enter the pit lane and re-join the race without stopping.
d) A ten second stop-and-go time penalty. The driver must enter the pit lane, stop in his pit stop position for at least ten seconds and then re-join the race.
If either of the four penalties above are imposed during the last three laps, or after the end of a race, Article 38.4(b) below will not apply and five seconds will be added to the elapsed race time of the driver concerned in the case of (a) above, 10 seconds in the case of (b), 20 seconds in the case of (c) and 30 seconds in the case of (d).
e) A time penalty.
f) A reprimand.
If any of the six penalties above are imposed they shall not be subject to appeal.
g) A drop of any number of grid positions at the driver’s next Event.
h) Exclusion from the results.
i) Suspension from the driver’s next Event.
38) INCIDENTS DURING THE RACE
38.1 "Incident" means any occurrence or series of occurrences involving one or more drivers, or any action by any driver, which is reported to the stewards by the race director (or noted by the stewards and subsequently investigated) which :
a) Necessitated the suspension of a race under Article 41.
b) Constituted a breach of these Sporting Regulations or the Code.
c) Caused a false start by one or more cars.
d) Caused a collision.
e) Forced a driver off the track.
f) Illegitimately prevented a legitimate overtaking manoeuvre by a driver.
g) Illegitimately impeded another driver during overtaking.
Unless it was completely clear that a driver was in breach of any of the above, any incidents involving more than one car will normally be investigated after the race.
Basically they can give any sort of time penalty they want as 38.3 e) states.

Nathanael F1

Can someone unsticky this and Baku and sticky the Hungarian GP? Thanks.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg