2016 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, 22-24 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
George-Jung

Re: 2016 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, 22-24 July

giantfan10 wrote:
dans79 wrote:
George-Jung wrote: This kid is just amazing, and this is only his 2nd year in the sport and he will only get better.
Just let him make some big mistakes.. it will only make him better in the end.
Personally, I think he is Montoya version 2.0
agreed....
I suspect at the end of his career he will have the exact same amount of championship trophies Montoya had.
he is a good young driver but all the hype is unfounded IMHO.
I hope not, but it is possible, becoming a WDC is not a certainty..

What I do would like to know, is why you find it unfounded?
Youngest F1 driver, Youngest F1 winner, Youngest F1 podium-finish.. and probably some more..

The other guy who managed to do that, is currently a 4th time WDC.

So to call it unfounded..

dans79

George-Jung wrote: The other guy who managed to do that, is currently a 4th time WDC.
He put it on pole, and won the race, when none of his major competitors had any issues.

Max won after the two top cars dnfed and his teammate got hosed on strategy. When Max wins a race on merit, we can talk!
197 104 103 7

George-Jung

dans79 wrote:
George-Jung wrote: The other guy who managed to do that, is currently a 4th time WDC.
He put it on pole, and won the race, when none of his major competitors had any issues.

Max won after the two top cars dnfed and his teammate got hosed on strategy. When Max wins a race on merit, we can talk!
Of course everybody has the right to think what they want.
But lets agree we don't agree :wink:

Phil

Come on guys, light up.

Very funny end to the post race press conference... :D

Edit: Damnit, embedded video doesn't jump to the right spot! use this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myxpcGcY7Kk&t=1016 or go directly to 16:56 for the funny bit! :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

PlatinumZealot

The part with Nico feeling up Hammo's raisins and carrot?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

strad

Many people, including myself and the stewards saw no problem.
It's history, move on.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

flickerf1

2016 Hungary - Onboard Highlights:
https://vimeo.com/176500494
Last edited by flickerf1 on 28 Jul 2016, 03:43, edited 1 time in total.
The Wicked + The Divine.

Jolle

Looking at the start again, Rosberg doesn't move over to the inside right after the start, what would cover Hamilton and give him favourable track position into the first corner. Maybe the new rules of engagement? Don't defend your position on the straight?

flickerf1

Jolle wrote:Looking at the start again, Rosberg doesn't move over to the inside right after the start, what would cover Hamilton and give him favourable track position into the first corner. Maybe the new rules of engagement? Don't defend your position on the straight?
I think he also had to worry about Dan and just decided to stay in the middle. Somewhat like what happened to Lewis last year.
The Wicked + The Divine.

Moose

Watching those on boards, it looks to me like the McLaren is handling better than the Red Bull. The Bull understeers a lot (maybe it's just not well set up for Hungary). In comparison, the McLaren looks on rails. The McLaren appears to be losing out purely on the initial grunt out of corners. That unfortunately doesn't bode well for Germany.

Phil

Jolle wrote:Looking at the start again, Rosberg doesn't move over to the inside right after the start, what would cover Hamilton and give him favourable track position into the first corner. Maybe the new rules of engagement? Don't defend your position on the straight?
It's funny, but I've never really seen any of the Mercedes drivers defend too hard at the start. At least not as hard, as I used to remember Vettel doing in the years 2011 and beyond (maybe even 2010 too) when he used to immediately cut over after the start. when starting from pole. I think there was a bit of talk regarding it back then and if the maneuver was perhaps a bit too aggressive. Maybe they also clarified that later with the 1-move-rule, though they rarely seem to apply (and enforce) that at race-starts...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

dans79

No wonder Gutiérrez isn't very good, he's way too sensitive.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/342710/
"I've never been penalised for this, never missed anything, so I moved over in the safest place, not to take any risk to the people behind, and I am the one penalised.

"He [Hamilton] should be penalised for this disrespectful gesture."
197 104 103 7

flickerf1

dans79 wrote:No wonder Gutiérrez isn't very good, he's way too sensitive.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/342710/
"I've never been penalised for this, never missed anything, so I moved over in the safest place, not to take any risk to the people behind, and I am the one penalised.

"He [Hamilton] should be penalised for this disrespectful gesture."
Didn't Danny Ric do the same thing in Monaco during PRACTICE!? He even went on the radio and said, "What a c*** of a bloke!". Kimi didn't care. I swear this guy is just trying to start drama. He wasn't even going to get points anyway! I hope Haas drop him in favor of Rossi or Léclerc.
The Wicked + The Divine.

Phil

The problem is; some drivers are of the wrong opinion that they only need to make room when the leading car behind is sufficiently close. Yet, what most of them seem to not realize is that it's quite difficult to close in on a car due to the loss of downforce.

I think the rules are rather simple. Blue flag? Lift and let the car behind you pass, e.g. NOT continue to go full throttle and wait for the car to get closer to then let him pass. This might be tricky if you are battling with another driver, but technically, the blue flag should neutralize that "race" for both drivers being lapped if both lift accordingly to let the leader(s) by.
#Team44 supporter

Wynters

Minimising the time lost to blue flags is one of the key skills for a driver in the bottom third of the grid. Minimising it without getting penalised is even more important. I find it interesting to see which drivers have that skill and which haven't bothered to develop it.