2016 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 02-04 September

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2016 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 02-04 September

Does anyone feel that the new clutch rules add too much randomness to the starts? It is clearly not driver dependent.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Nathanael F1

Pretty boring race. Not surprised to see Perez use the runoff when Verstappen overtook him.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

Shrieker

Hamilton's starts have been too inconsistent this season and it's costing him. He should spend more time to make sure he gets good starts. He has thrown many wins this year due to his slow getaways. Could've easily been more than a race up the road despite his mechanical problems.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

SR71

PlatinumZealot wrote:Does anyone feel that the new clutch rules add too much randomness to the starts? It is clearly not driver dependent.

How is it not driver dependent?

dans79

Shrieker wrote:Hamilton's starts have been too inconsistent this season and it's costing him. He should spend more time to make sure he gets good starts. He has thrown many wins this year due to his slow getaways.
He Isn't the only one, remember Nico recently had a bad one in Germany.

If anything this will be the impetus for Lewis to really nail down his starts. He already said he would be at the factory on Tuesday, and that was the only thing he was going to focus on. Additionally, after reading Totto's comments, it sounds like the team is finally going to dig and try and figure it out.
197 104 103 7

Moose

Back in the 90s, prior to super awesome double clutches there certainly were drivers who were just plain better at starting than others. I particularly remember Coulthard being pretty spectacular off the line. I think there's patterns these days too.

Hamilton is definitely weak off the line. The Ferraris in general are super super strong. Honestly, I think all it will take is Hamilton practicing the hell out of them.

Vasconia

Moose wrote:Back in the 90s, prior to super awesome double clutches there certainly were drivers who were just plain better at starting than others. I particularly remember Coulthard being pretty spectacular off the line. I think there's patterns these days too.

Hamilton is definitely weak off the line. The Ferraris in general are super super strong. Honestly, I think all it will take is Hamilton practicing the hell out of them.
This is part of F1 and I like it. More manual starts bring an opportunity to the drivers who are better doing them . I guess some Hamilton fans will speak a lot about this but the only way for Lewis is to work hard to improve on this area. Nico has done a consistently better job.

Vasconia

Schuttelberg wrote:2 points separate the first two guys in the World Championship, yet there is an inevitably about the driver's championship that most F1 fans feel.

Rosberg's 7 wins this year-

Australia - Hamilton falls away at the start.
Bahrain - Same as above, contact with Bottas and Ricciardo.
China - Hamilton started last due to mechanical error.
Russia - Hamilton starts 10th due to mechanical error.
Azerbaijan - Hamilton was awful during qualifying and started 10th.
Spa - Hamilton started last.
Monza - Hamilton botched up the start.

Rosberg has out-qualified Hamilton ON MERIT only at Hungary this year, by a mere tenth.

There is a lot of illusion that's sold that Rosberg is close to Hamilton. I have an immense amount of respect for Hamilton, but fact is that he's been a bit unlucky with a whole heap of mechanical failures and also been off the bottle in certain situations. If Hamilton gets his act together for the remaining 7 races, Rosberg doesn't have a prayer!
Even in you keep repeting the same(as others have done) the situation remains the same with only two points. Also, Nico has had his amount of problems too. Is he taking advantage from Lewis´s problems and errors? of course, but this part of the competition too.

Nico needs to be faster than Lewis on qualy and have clean races. If they have close battles we all know who will win.

Anyway Singapur could be a good chance for Nico to become the leader again.

Vasconia

Manjhi wrote:Sergio Perez's defense against Max was epic, its better to go off road then to engage in wheel-to-wheel battle with that kido. :D :D
This was the worst of the race. I was quite surprised to see Perez leaving the door open on that corner. Pretty easy overtake for Max. And the Sergio was out of the track.

No expecting this from the usually tough Mexican.

Roman

So, the Italian GP. Didnt watch the whole thing, went to do something with the family after like 30 min of race. When Ferrari came in and it became clear they are on a 2 stopper I decided to spend the afternoon with the family ;) Seems like I didnt miss out on too much. Did it become clear why Ham started so bad?

Apart from that, the only positive thing is that the WDC is all open again. Who would have thought?

Vasconia

Roman wrote:So, the Italian GP. Didnt watch the whole thing, went to do something with the family after like 30 min of race. When Ferrari came in and it became clear they are on a 2 stopper I decided to spend the afternoon with the family ;) Seems like I didnt miss out on too much. Did it become clear why Ham started so bad?

Apart from that, the only positive thing is that the WDC is all open again. Who would have thought?
Another bad start from him. He has said that it was his mistake. No mysteries here.

ChrisDanger

Vasconia wrote:
Roman wrote:So, the Italian GP. Didnt watch the whole thing, went to do something with the family after like 30 min of race. When Ferrari came in and it became clear they are on a 2 stopper I decided to spend the afternoon with the family ;) Seems like I didnt miss out on too much. Did it become clear why Ham started so bad?

Another bad start from him. He has said that it was his mistake. No mysteries here.
He said that during the race over the team radio, then in the post-race press conference he admitted he only said this to ease the minds of his engineers, and that he had no idea what went wrong.

sosic2121

PlatinumZealot wrote:Does anyone feel that the new clutch rules add too much randomness to the starts? It is clearly not driver dependent.
Tell that to Alonso :D
But it seems Mercedes pushed the limit with their clutch.

basti313

sosic2121 wrote:
Tell that to Alonso :D
But it seems Mercedes pushed the limit with their clutch.
The Merc is surely not easy to start, but Ros claims he had good starts in the last two races, because he practiced them. Next week Ham will go to the factory instead of Barbados and will practice starts too.
I really like these intelligent drivers. They always know what it takes. =D>

Does anybody else have a felling about overpaid weirdos hanging their balls into a pool?
Don`t russel the hamster!

basti313

Pierce89 wrote:
basti313 wrote:
F1NAC wrote:Awkward moment when Mercedes driver speaks italian better than Ferrari driver :D
True. And I do not know what this is about, no RedBull driver tried to speak Austrian so far for example... :D
Or picture a Sauber driver trying to speak Swiss-German :D

Edit: Or Grosjean tawkin' suthern.... LMAO :mrgreen:
I hope you realize why you've never heard any Red Bullers speaking "Austrian".
The only reason I see is, that Lauda is at Merc :mrgreen:
Giving the fact that Vettel may be able do do it and how proud they are now about their Austrian race, I would have at least expected some for the many wins they had ;)
Don`t russel the hamster!