2016 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 02-04 September

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Andres125sx

Re: 2016 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 02-04 September

I can´t see what people see on this GP. To me Monza is the borest GP of the season by far. Maybe the atmosphere there is great, but looking at some other GPs with empty stands I guess atmosphere is not a factor they take into account so... :twisted:

At least Lewis messed up the start so there will be some excitement for the championship, or at least for some more GP

There were rumours about Kvyat racing his last GP. At spanish TV they said some GP2 driver (can´t remind the name) said something wich, if true, would mean the russian driver will not race in F1 again. Anyone has some more info?

Vasconia

Andres125sx wrote:I can´t see what people see on this GP. To me Monza is the borest GP of the season by far. Maybe the atmosphere there is great, but looking at some other GPs with empty stands I guess atmosphere is not a factor they take into account so... :twisted:

At least Lewis messed up the start so there will be some excitement for the championship, or at least for some more GP

There were rumours about Kvyat racing his last GP. At spanish TV they said some GP2 driver (can´t remind the name) said something wich, if true, would mean the russian driver will not race in F1 again. Anyone has some more info?
The team has confirmed that Kvyat will drive until the end of the season. I am happy because he deserves at least some respect after what happened.

Monza is a great track, fast as hell and where we can see true overtakes. Yesterday we saw some good moves. There was no emotion for the victory or the podium but you cant blame the track for his. The strategy helped Hamilton to place himself in front of the Ferraris. It was a pity because a bettle Hamilton-Kimi-Sebastian would have been great.

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

basti313 wrote:
Pierce89 wrote:
basti313 wrote: True. And I do not know what this is about, no RedBull driver tried to speak Austrian so far for example... :D
Or picture a Sauber driver trying to speak Swiss-German :D

Edit: Or Grosjean tawkin' suthern.... LMAO :mrgreen:
I hope you realize why you've never heard any Red Bullers speaking "Austrian".
The only reason I see is, that Lauda is at Merc :mrgreen:
Giving the fact that Vettel may be able do do it and how proud they are now about their Austrian race, I would have at least expected some for the many wins they had ;)
I think there are a few factors at play here:
  • It's always nice to be addressed in your own language. Not every Italian can speak fluent English. Drivers often whip out a few phrases in the local language on the podium.
  • The fans in Italy are a phenomenon.
  • Rosberg is fluent in about 5 languages, including German, English, French and Italian. That's nothing to do with F1 or anyone in his team, and more to do with how he was raised, his schooling, or the company he keeps.
  • Vettel has immersed himself in the Ferrari culture. You have to remember he was 8-years-old when Schumacher joined Ferrari, and we all know what happened there. Also, possibly most importantly, the Ferrari factory is based in Italy, so for sure he's exposed to the language more.
  • No one has ever said "Since I was a young child, all I ever wanted to do was drive for legendary F1 team, Sauber." Also, there is no race in Switzerland. For all we know the driver's grasp of the language is okay. We may never know.
  • The Red Bull factory is in England. English will be the dominant language spoken at the factory. There would be no reason or opportunity to learn Austrian.

Andres125sx

Vasconia wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:I can´t see what people see on this GP. To me Monza is the borest GP of the season by far. Maybe the atmosphere there is great, but looking at some other GPs with empty stands I guess atmosphere is not a factor they take into account so... :twisted:

The team has confirmed that Kvyat will drive until the end of the season. I am happy because he deserves at least some respect after what happened.
Agree, that would be too rude even for RBR

Vasconia wrote:Monza is a great track, fast as hell and where we can see true overtakes. Yesterday we saw some good moves. There was no emotion for the victory or the podium but you cant blame the track for his. The strategy helped Hamilton to place himself in front of the Ferraris. It was a pity because a bettle Hamilton-Kimi-Sebastian would have been great.
But disagree with this one, I find Monza races boring most of the seasons, and with Mexico and Baku it is not that fast now either compared to those so, apart from the great people...
Last edited by Andres125sx on 05 Sep 2016, 13:09, edited 1 time in total.

Andres125sx

ChrisDanger wrote:Rosberg is fluent in about 5 languages, including German, English, French and Italian.
His spanish is much better than my english too :wink:

basti313
basti313

ChrisDanger wrote:
basti313 wrote:
Pierce89 wrote: I hope you realize why you've never heard any Red Bullers speaking "Austrian".
The only reason I see is, that Lauda is at Merc :mrgreen:
Giving the fact that Vettel may be able do do it and how proud they are now about their Austrian race, I would have at least expected some for the many wins they had ;)
I think there are a few factors at play here:
Sorry...
Don`t russel the hamster!

Pat Pending
Pat Pending

Pierce89 wrote: I hope you realize why you've never heard any Red Bullers speaking "Austrian".
...Giving the fact that Vettel may be able do do it ...

One would certainly hope so!

sosic2121
sosic2121

Andres125sx wrote:There were rumours about Kvyat racing his last GP. At spanish TV they said some GP2 driver (can´t remind the name) said something wich, if true, would mean the russian driver will not race in F1 again. Anyone has some more info?
In Monza we saw Pierre Gasly can overtake without crashing and pushing of the road, which is a nice surprise for a RB "talent".

basti313
basti313

sosic2121 wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:There were rumours about Kvyat racing his last GP. At spanish TV they said some GP2 driver (can´t remind the name) said something wich, if true, would mean the russian driver will not race in F1 again. Anyone has some more info?
In Monza we saw Pierre Gasly can overtake without crashing and pushing of the road, which is a nice surprise for a RB "talent".
Yes :D
And I think that the only reason for Gasly not replacing Kvyat this season is the missing super licence. Which would mean Gasly is stopped by the "Verstappen rule" =D>
Don`t russel the hamster!

diego.liv
diego.liv

Not sure why they should talk "austrian". btw IIRC there aren't races in Switzerland because of the Mercedes LeMans incident. My granny was in Austria and she swears there were times/days of driving restrictions, driving at all, not simply "Euro 0,1 verboten" and so..wasn't able to find info, can anyone confirm?

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Andres125sx wrote:
ChrisDanger wrote:Rosberg is fluent in about 5 languages, including German, English, French and Italian.
His spanish is much better than my english too :wink:
For sure your English is better than my Spanish. :oops:

PlatinumZealot

SR71 wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:Does anyone feel that the new clutch rules add too much randomness to the starts? It is clearly not driver dependent.

How is it not driver dependent?
Statistics. Nico and Lewis have had and equal amount of fluffed starts. Even for other teams there is not much the driver can do to ensure he gets a good start. It is very dependent on the conditions of the clutch after the formation lap.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

basti313 wrote:
sosic2121 wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:Does anyone feel that the new clutch rules add too much randomness to the starts? It is clearly not driver dependent.
Tell that to Alonso :D
But it seems Mercedes pushed the limit with their clutch.
The Merc is surely not easy to start, but Ros claims he had good starts in the last two races, because he practiced them. Next week Ham will go to the factory instead of Barbados and will practice starts too.
I really like these intelligent drivers. They always know what it takes. =D>

Does anybody else have a felling about overpaid weirdos hanging their balls into a pool?
Practice to launch the car at the factory? How?

🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Juzh

PlatinumZealot wrote:Does anyone feel that the new clutch rules add too much randomness to the starts?
No.

rscsr

diego.liv wrote:Not sure why they should talk "austrian". btw IIRC there aren't races in Switzerland because of the Mercedes LeMans incident. My granny was in Austria and she swears there were times/days of driving restrictions, driving at all, not simply "Euro 0,1 verboten" and so..wasn't able to find info, can anyone confirm?
can confirm the car free days. Basically you could choose a day where you couldn't drive your car at all (that was for 5weeks in 1974) and the maximum speed has been lowered to 100kph. The German Wikipedia has some further info https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%96lpreiskrise (somehow strange that there is no English translation for that article).