2017 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal, 9-11 June

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
iotar__

Re: 2017 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal, 9-11 June

justmoi wrote:
13 Jun 2017, 08:58
Shrieker wrote:
13 Jun 2017, 00:07
Juzh wrote:
12 Jun 2017, 22:50
They expected Hamilton would gain easy points on him after the verstappen chop
Didn't he ?
LOL
- Great exchange of thoughts.

- What "chop"? Is that the current spin after another Ferrari drivers meltdown? What about evil DRS, did it help Vettel or did it make race less interesting =P~ ?

- There was not much wrong with Verstappen's start (rare occurrence :-) ), he was in front early enough and took wide enough quicker line, Vettel was A. slow B. kept going into middle nowhere, C. two cars overtook him. He should blame only himself, bad start and clumsy reaction to it.

- Sky experts tried to spin it into Verstappen's fault (selling Ham - Vett fiction ofc) but then again they couldn't figure out the simplest case of Sainz turning twice for no reason (running their usual RB infomercial). Three places is nothing for that, especially after Bahrain.

siskue2005

[Sarcasum mode on]Looks like the DRS ruined us a great battle in the drivers championship. Without that evil thing we would have got vettel stuck behind 10th position and seen him and others do great overtaking and skill full driving and superb racing. It is ruining racing. It should be banned [sarcasum mode off]

siskue2005

iotar__ wrote:
13 Jun 2017, 09:33
What about evil DRS, did it help Vettel or did it make race less interesting =P~ ?
Seems like it is only a problem when ur favorite driver gets overtaken, not the other way round.

Juzh

ringo wrote:
13 Jun 2017, 05:50
Austria (qualifying At least) , Silverstone, Hungary, Spa, Monza,
Austria, spa and monza. All power tracks. Guess who's got the best engine on the grid for the last 4 years. As for hungary. He had some good races, but also quite a few mediocre ones.

Funny how people just forget hamilton had by far the best car on the grid for the last 5 years (yes even in 2013 the mercedes was the best in quali at that stage) and just brand half the tracks as "hamilton tracks".

I guess russia is not a hamilton track. And monaco probably, If you judge by 2017 season and without any context, as you're so happily doing.

marmer
marmer

Ham is well know for having bad and good races for no reason. I still believe there was nothing wrong in Monaco

If you look at bottas he got the same performance out of the car in every race apart from Russia. Bottas was consistent at Williams. I suspect the car is behind the Ferrari and just ahead of red bull on race pace If everything equal.

Ham is most likely overdriving the car which has allowed him to be fastest or quite slow in comparison to bottas. The car is bad on overall pace not a tyre issue the tyre issue is caused by not being as fast as Ferrari and having to overdrive sometimes it works sometimes it won't

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

siskue2005

Juzh wrote:
Funny how people just forget hamilton had by far the best car on the grid for the last 5 years (yes even in 2013 the mercedes was the best in quali at that stage) and just brand half the tracks as "hamilton tracks".
Hmmm... so was only Lewis running round with Merc engines?
If u use that logic of 2013 then he has had the best engine for 11 years. And Vettel was just using poor Renault engine with blown exhaust and engine blowing with the best economic and best drive engine. Poor vettel and co.

WaikeCU

I think that Ferrari has an incredible amount of mechanical grip tbh. How it overtook the FI's without a bargeboard and if I'm not mistaken, with that broken front wing it still managed a decent gap towards Ricciardo. Kinda unreal to think, when Lewis last season had to deal with damage in Bahrain and Shanghai and lost a huge amount of performance on his car.

siskue2005

marmer wrote:
13 Jun 2017, 10:51
Ham is well know for having bad and good races for no reason. I still believe there was nothing wrong in Monaco

If you look at bottas he got the same performance out of the car in every race apart from Russia. Bottas was consistent at Williams. I suspect the car is behind the Ferrari and just ahead of red bull on race pace If everything equal.

Ham is most likely overdriving the car which has allowed him to be fastest or quite slow in comparison to bottas. The car is bad on overall pace not a tyre issue the tyre issue is caused by not being as fast as Ferrari and having to overdrive sometimes it works sometimes it won't

When r u going to join Merc and win championships?
They r looking for someone who can solve their tyre issues. LOL

FW17

WaikeCU wrote:
13 Jun 2017, 10:53
I think that Ferrari has an incredible amount of mechanical grip tbh. How it overtook the FI's without a bargeboard and if I'm not mistaken, with that broken front wing it still managed a decent gap towards Ricciardo. Kinda unreal to think, when Lewis last season had to deal with damage in Bahrain and Shanghai and lost a huge amount of performance on his car.
They had stopped the second time, he was on ultra softs, incredible mechanical grip is a given in comparison to supersofts that were 20 laps older on a Force India

Big Mangalhit

He still closed the gap on very used SS without a bargeboard and leading edge of the floor. That car is a beast and so his the Mercedes. Both amazing machines above their competition

justmoi
justmoi

Andres125sx wrote:
13 Jun 2017, 10:52
Juzh wrote:
12 Jun 2017, 22:50
People are still mad....
If you may let me I´ll give you an advice. Never, ever, try to imagine what people is thinking, because "people" is the whole world, so there will be a lot of people thinking that way, but there will also be millions thinking otherwise, so that sort of generalization will always bring absurd discussions when someone reply to show how wrong you are because he is different

And if you want to reply those who think that, use their names, or many other fans of that driver will think you´re accusing them of fanboyism, because that´s exactly what you´re doing since you didn´t specify who are you talking about :wink:
Juzh postings, to my mind, has changed a lot it seems from the more balanced views i seem to recall getting from him previously while still supporting his favourite team, like we all do of course. In fact i will objectively say that reading some of his recent comments, it is him who does sound like he is trolling. Shocking that.

Maybe it is the audacity of hope. I dunno..

Phil

Come on guys, play nice. Don't argue what people think or do, lets stay on topic.

Anyone else think it's impressive that Hamilton has 65 poles? Yes, he's pretty much had the best car for the last 3 (and some) seasons by a substantial margin, but he also had Rosberg as his team-mate, who I still think was a very very fast team-mate. At the very least, Rosberg made Hamilton having to pull out his best more often than not.

Not quite comparable I guess to the legacies of Schumacher and Senna - but still impressive as it is. (and yes, there are probably many other great racers out there that don't have the opportunity to shine as a result of not having the proper car under them).
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

marmer
marmer

siskue2005 wrote:
13 Jun 2017, 10:57
marmer wrote:
13 Jun 2017, 10:51

When r u going to join Merc and win championships?
They r looking for someone who can solve their tyre issues. LOL
if they are actually so bad on tyres why is it only 1 driver at a time moaning. why is the car so fast still compared to everyone else if the tyre issue was such a issue surely more than 1 team would be beating them. only sabuer are moaning about the tyres like Mercedes. they are miles ahead of the other merc teams and they are also not moaning about tyre issues. its simple they don't actually have tyre issues they have just got a caught by the comp for the first time in years.

sometimes people just need to look and think.
the merc is not as good interms of aero as the ferrari, they run top engine modes in q3 to go as fast as possible. in race pace they suffer lap time as they cannot use the same mode to make up the speed. the ferrari doesn't have the engine power but gets away with race pace due to the aero

the merc suffers more so in dirty air and has done for years many times they have quickly caught a red bull and then the pace disappears. in Canada Ham was out infront unchallenged for the whole race drove quickly and had no issues with its tyres.

ab_f1
ab_f1

Schuttelberg wrote:
12 Jun 2017, 22:51

2) Vettel has been outstanding this year. Period. Yes, I know my avatar makes it obvious but I think he was ordinary in 2014 and like a spoilt chihuahua in 2016, but anyone who doubts his ability is a door knob. His passing on track this season has been on point and inspite of a lot of unfortunate situations he's limited the damage as much as he could. I believe he was driving a damaged car yesterday with a pretty ordinary strategy and without any SC assistance he nearly got on the podium. In one word- Wow! Just not as Wow as Hamilton on Saturday.
Completely agree, this year Vettel is coming across very different to previous years. Beginning to come across as a leader.

Being a Hamilton fan it's very difficult to acknowledge this for me 😀

ClarkBT11

I can sense Turbo's finger twitching.

I can understand Ferrari fans have not been able to boast or beat their chests about their team for a while and Mercedes fans aren't used to another team fighting against them, people are very passionate and enthusiastic which turns into a game of top trump's (you might want to Google that if you don't know what that is) it's like a select number of members are waiting for the other team to fail so they can rile each other up and stick the boot in. Members are just trying to tarnish Vettel's championship and vice versa to Hamilton. Sometimes are passion can blind the best of us. Maybe try some ketamine :wtf: before posting to chill you out. I for one are looking forward to the next Vettel and Hamilton fight, let's try to enjoy it.