2017 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal, 9-11 June

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
GPR-A duplicate2

Re: 2017 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal, 9-11 June

AnotherAlex wrote:
19 Jun 2017, 21:28
Juzh wrote:
19 Jun 2017, 12:05
but in qualifying mercedes was faster than ferrari on every meaningful full throttle section
Doesn't this just confirm that Mercedes have a qualifying mode that is worth 3 or 4 tenths in Q3 (and once or twice during the race?).
Link -> Mercedes teams boosted by latest engine spec
Force India COO Otmar Szafnauer suggested the changes would have a bigger effect over a race distance than a single lap, because the updated spec was not specifically aimed at increasing the performance of the engine.

"It's more to do with reliability than outright performance," he said.

"The performance stuff comes from the fact you can run it longer in a more performant mode.

"But if you're asking about lap time, it's nearly the same.

"We can run some of the more performant modes in the race longer, so the race time is shorter, but over one lap, it's the same."
That means, they can run the aggressive quali mode for far longer in races.

atanatizante

Could someone explain those bellow speed traps difference between some drivers?
In case of Vettel and Vandoorne could we say they used : DRS + double tow?
Lewis didn`t pass anyone with DRS? I don`t thin so coz delta between DRS on and off is more then 15km/h ...

"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

marmer

ham had it easy no one near him most likely he was backing off to save the engine. also he might be running more aero than others and not getting DRS although you would have thought at least 1 backmarker would have give him drs

TAG

TAG wrote:
19 Jun 2017, 21:41
Will the Schumacher family be presenting Hamilton with a helmet of their own when he hits 68?
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

marmer

TAG wrote:
23 Jun 2017, 16:26
TAG wrote:
19 Jun 2017, 21:41
Will the Schumacher family be presenting Hamilton with a helmet of their own when he hits 68?
https://scontent.fagc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=59C5523E
i hope they don't he is not dead yet unless he is in a condition to hand it over himself

Phil

I dont think that would be the point, nor would he want it. I dont think for example that Vettel would have gotten Sennas helmet if he had hit 65 poles. I think some of it is simply down to Hamilton being a very outspoken Senna fan and the Senna family knowing and appreciating that.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter