2018 Calendar Approved

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
CBeck113

Re: 2018 Calendar Approved

Manoah2u wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 12:42
CBeck113 wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 10:08
TheGkbrk wrote:
02 Aug 2017, 09:58
Why is Malaysia gone ????
It's not, 16.September 2018:

https://www.google.de/maps/place/Singap ... 103.819836
Singapore is NOT Malaysia #-o
just as Belgium is NOT the Netherlands.
I stand corrected, the Malaysian government did not reach an agreement with Liberty Media for any further races after 2017. :oops:
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

CBeck113

...but I have yet to mock the Netherlands or Belguim openly, so I'll guess that you suffer under this issue as well? But it's still not a good analogy, better is Sam Marino or the Vatican not being part of Italy, as both are city-states.
That is one hell of a calendar though, overdose of racing in July then the summer break ... could pose for "interesting" discussions here.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Manoah2u

It's a shame the Malaysian race is off, i genuinly liked that one.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Meleeman

Great! Glad Germany's track is back. Hyped to visit it!
”Racing is life and life is risk.”
This is quoted from Michael Schumacher

Kraig1

marmer wrote:
21 Jun 2017, 12:21
WaikeCU wrote:Still find it logistically strange to have the Canadian GP in between the Monaco GP and French GP. :wtf:
I have thought it has been strange for years that Canada happens between Monaco and the other European races.
Anyone know why its not before USA and Mexico weather would still be fine

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
I live south of Montreal, and would think the reason of the scheduling would be do to weather. Does not happen often but we can have late October snow storms

marmer

Kraig1 wrote:
13 Aug 2017, 19:19
marmer wrote:
21 Jun 2017, 12:21
WaikeCU wrote:Still find it logistically strange to have the Canadian GP in between the Monaco GP and French GP. :wtf:
I have thought it has been strange for years that Canada happens between Monaco and the other European races.
Anyone know why its not before USA and Mexico weather would still be fine

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
I live south of Montreal, and would think the reason of the scheduling would be do to weather. Does not happen often but we can have late October snow storms
Canada is normally a good race but the idea of really bad winter conditions with snow would be interesting if they had good enough tyres

Manoah2u

lol, pirelli's with spikes
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

adrianjordan

Will the situation in Spain affect testing or the race at Barcelona??

Not to trivialise the situation, but just curious...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

DiogoBrand

What layout will be used at Paul Ricard? Will probably not be the one they use for Blancpain with the huge straight. But I hope it's also not this one that f1 used to race on:
Hopefully it will be this one:
Or even Better:

Anyway, I expect Paul Ricard to be one of the most boring races of the season. You just lose all sense of excitement because the circuit is basically more runoff than track. So they might as well not make it even worse by having a crap layout.

ChrisDanger

DiogoBrand wrote:
04 Oct 2017, 19:54
That's the one. With the sharpest T1-2 complex, and the North Curve of the Mistral Straight's chicane.

There's a dedicated thread about it here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25507