Canadian GP 2008

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
bizadfar
bizadfar

Re: Canadian GP 2008

Right foot TC (throttle control)!

djones
djones

I missed qualifying.

Can anybody tell me how Kovalainen ended up in 7th?

Was he just slow or did something go wrong!?

Scotracer
Scotracer

djones wrote:I missed qualifying.

The track was to blame -- normal service did not occur. I think some drivers were just more willing to push on the messed up tarmac, or had found a sweet-spot.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

djones
djones

What a joke.

Oh well, hopefully it will rain or something to mix it up a bit.

myurr
myurr

Scotracer wrote:
djones wrote:I missed qualifying.

The track was to blame -- normal service did not occur. I think some drivers were just more willing to push on the messed up tarmac, or had found a sweet-spot.
Well I have a little theory. Hamilton, Kubica, and Alonso were all relatively quick compared to their peers. All three drivers have an aggressive turn in and are happy with a tail happy car. Could this have been their key to turn 10? Able to turn in aggressively generating more grip, also able to put the power down earlier and more aggressively and deal with the car oversteering.

WhiteBlue

to be honest the drivers who lost least time in the end went on the grass inside the curbs. there is a reason why Webber said that cross bike would have been more appropriate. :lol:

seriously, it was all very irregular. the most obvious was that McLaren have found more top speed and were stronger in sector 3 than Ferrari. the missing wheel fairing at Ferrari may have had something to do with that.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

WhiteBlue wrote:to be honest the drivers who lost least time in the end went on the grass inside the curbs. there is a reason why Webber said that cross bike would have been more appropriate. :lol:

seriously, it was all very irregular. the most obvious was that McLaren have found more top speed and were stronger in sector 3 than Ferrari. the missing wheel fairing at Ferrari may have had something to do with that.
I aggree, with the fairing thing, but also should Ferarri have brought the slotted nose chassis as well as im shure that would have bettered their aero efficiency.

Motley
Motley

WhiteBlue wrote:seriously, it was all very irregular. the most obvious was that McLaren have found more top speed and were stronger in sector 3 than Ferrari. the missing wheel fairing at Ferrari may have had something to do with that.
Indeed, Massa was 9kph slower than Hamilton at the speed trap, Raikkonen 6kph slower...

flynfrog

This will be the first race I get to watch all season. :lol:
No coverage sucks

djones
djones

Here is a quick prediction from me...

Hamilton puts it in the wall so is out of the race.

1.Kubica
2.Raikkonen
3.Rosberg

:D

waynes
waynes

just had a cheeky bet on Heikki getting onto the podium, 12/1 odds

2 pounds on that thank you very much

Conceptual
Conceptual

Sadly, the rain might be necessary to keep the track from crumbling under tyre...

I predict the winner to be... The safety car!

I think that it is going to complete more laps than most drivers.

Maybe next year we will see some good RCC concrete replace the tarmac in the chicanes, and hairpin turn 10... Maybe with 4-6 degrees of banking??? :wink:

Chris

flynfrog

honda pulling a super aguri? One lap on the bad tires?

flynfrog

Hamilton takes out kimmi

flynfrog

flynfrog wrote:Hamilton takes out kimmi
Did he do it on purpose conspiracy starts here