Italian GP 2008

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
WhiteBlue

Re: Italian GP 2008

that would not be a bad idea. but I doubt that Monza traditionally has rain at this time. The GP has been there for a long time. In Silverstone you can pick any day in the year and you always have a chance of rain. same goes for Spa and Nürburgring with a bit of snow thrown in if you go beyond October and before June.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

timbo

Conceptual wrote:I want to know the last time we had so many RAIN races in a season?

Global warming...

nae
nae

climate change not global warming
cause its rained here and been cold all damn summer!

6 drivers, i stand corrected

still cant be a bad thing and with the rules chances and kers development i
guess we might have more next year
..?

Shaddock

Let's hope in rains in Valencia next year :!: We may then get a race.

timbo

nae wrote:climate change not global warming
who said that global warming must result in summer being warmer? there's models that predict global warming will cause another ice age
way offtopic, sorry...

Conceptual

timbo wrote:
nae wrote:climate change not global warming
who said that global warming must result in summer being warmer? there's models that predict global warming will cause another ice age
way offtopic, sorry...
"Global Warming" is nothing more than another attempt to force authority over people by having them give up freedoms and change their way of lives for the "Noble" cause that makes the largest promoters of it very, very rich.

The Earth is continuously getting closer to the Sun. What the hell does everyone THINK is going to happen?

And about rain races... I am sincerely concerned how they might deal with hard rain at this years Singapore GP. Torrential downpour at night might be a very fatal circumstance. Let's hope that it has been thought of, and planned for.

I hope Vettel gets another shot at pole next race as well. Could you imagine what the world press would do if he won back-to-back races on merit?

mx_tifoso

Belatti wrote:
Felipe Massa (6th): "... In the second part, I knew Hamilton was closing on me fast, but I could not see him in my mirrors because they were too dirty. Luckily, Rob helped me, talking me through the situation in real time. Then he dropped back a bit. I tried to attack Heidfeld but then I thought it wasn't worth taking too many risks and I chose to just bring the car home."
P*ssy!
Right, because risking everything in wet conditions for an extra one point is better than finishing the race with three :roll: .

About the rainy GP's, if anyone would care to look back into the pre-war GP's they would find out that even then many of the GP's held during the late summer (at least in Italy) were wet. So it's simply due to geographical characteristics of the regions; summer's are typically rainy seasons.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Belatti

mx_tifosi wrote: Right, because risking everything in wet conditions for an extra one point is better than finishing the race with three :roll: .
"El que no arriesga no gana y el que no gana, es un gil"

Translated would be: "the one who doesn´t risk, doesn´t win and the one who doesn´t win is dull"

About winners and years:
6 in 1990
5 in 1991
5 in 1992
4 in 1993
4 in 1994
5 in 1995
4 in 1996
6 in 1997
4 in 1998
6 in 1999
4 in 2000
5 in 2001
4 in 2002
7 in 2003
5 in 2004
5 in 2005
5 in 2006
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

timbo

Belatti wrote:"El que no arriesga no gana y el que no gana, es un gil"

Translated would be: "the one who doesn´t risk, doesn´t win and the one who doesn´t win is dull"
So you haven't watcher Hungarian GP obviously? This year Massa shows very good balance of being reserved vs being agressive.

mx_tifoso

Cierto, pero lo bueno es que nos entendemos. Mi caso es que le podia pasar lo mismo que a Raikkonen en Spa hace una semana. Y por eso digo que mejor terminar bueno y sano con tres, que sin nada y de punta en una pared :D ! Y aparte que los neumaticos no estaban al 100%, un gran problema que Ferrari tiene que resolver para evitar situaciones como estas.

Consistencia es la clave, Massa lo sabe y tiene que mantenerla si es que quiere tener mas posibilidades [aun] de ganar el campeonato.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Conceptual

After watching the Itallian GP replay today, one thing really stood out to me, and that was the utterly seamless pitstops that Vettel had in the race.

I mean, you always see so many people crowding the car, but STR seems to not have so many, but they were utterly flawless in execution.

It still amazes me that the under-dog won. It is the greatest thrill that I have ever found in F1.

Who was the last privateer team to win? Williams? Or doesnt that count wince they were Williams BMW?

modbaraban

It was Fisico for Jordan in Brazilian GP 2003 under heavy rain.

West

modbaraban wrote:It was Fisico for Jordan in Brazilian GP 2003 under heavy rain.
Williams, Brazil 2004.

Not a very exciting race, at least to me. Probably because I didn't see the typical sh*tty Massa driving in the rain. Aside from Vettel, Alonso drove a great race. Glock was fighting well too; too bad he wasn't in the points.

Raikkonen looked lost. Which is sad because he is a fan favorite.

I don't know what's up w/ Williams. Ever since they made the walrus nose they've pretty much dropped to Jordan-like status.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Belatti

West wrote: Not a very exciting race, at least to me. Probably because I didn't see the typical sh*tty Massa driving in the rain.
:lol:
West wrote: I don't know what's up w/ Williams. Ever since they made the walrus nose they've pretty much dropped to Jordan-like status.
I see Tyrrell / Lotus future there :(
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

modbaraban

@ West - if you call BMW.Williams a proper privateer team than you can possibly look no further than the last McLaren privateer win :wink: