Monaco GP 2009 - Monte Carlo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
natef1
natef1

Re: Monaco GP 2009

gridwalker wrote:
natef1 wrote:What a dull race.
To be fair, it was not bad by the standard set by other dry Monaco GPs that suffered no major incidents ... I found it much more entertaining than the race in Barcelona!
Yes, don't get me wrong, I love watching the cars through Monaco, I don't get bored of seeing them go through Tabac and then the swimming pool, it's an absolute pleasure to watch these cars do that section, I would love to go see it with my own eyes one day :)

I was just expecting a better race, but unfortunately Kimi fell asleep on the start :wink: and for me that kind of ruined the opening stint. For the first 11 or so laps behind the front 3 though it was quite fun watching Vettel/Massa/Rosberg/Kovi go at it, perhaps if it had not been for the TV commentary which I feel has taken further steps back :x
Ciro Pabon wrote:(it's the video in the top left corner of the page. Click on it, you won't regret it. Lap after lap... they are equal and different).
Thank you for the video, it's quite amazing really. And I think your description of Monaco as being a trip to the museum, sometimes you get the fun bits (for me, it was always pressing the buttons :lol: ) and sometimes you have the portraits that have a distinct look, and to me, a very strange smell :P . I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the race, because I did, because I sat there, always enthralled and hoping for one of my guys to pull something out of the bag. I very rarely find F1 boring per se (although Valencia really tested me), but of course there are dull races, and this was one of them.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

As a devout racing fan, I have gone to a lot of effort to appreciate how hard, and the types of obstacles drivers face during the course of a race. If you can appreciate the details, Monaco is a gem to watch. Not much passing, and to some boring, but to me, a display of tremendous driver skill.
Brawn made it look easy, that simple. Monaco is one of the most difficult of all races to win, and Brawn just went to business on everyone.
It's amazing to witness how much the pecking order has changed so quickly. The dynamics are amazing. This just reflects on a war we the fans are not witnessing. It is fought in the labs and wind tunnels, on computer programs, and in fabrication shops. It is the war of development, and I wish I could witness this unseen battle. It's just got to be titanic, and very expensive.
Nelson Piquet Jr sure provided the most memorable display of stupidity and arrogance. I understand he was taken out by another, and that he is young, and angry at the situation. But he requires more credentials before he can spout off like that.

As a side note, imagine if Hamilton said something like that? The British press would publicly disembowell him. It's not easy, or nice, living under such a microscope.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

ISLAMATRON

anyone got a link to Piquet's comments?

someone should remind him that Buemi has 3 more points than him.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Anyone know what engine number kubica used after his blow up (engine 4) in FP2 and what engine Sutil used after his engine 3 was ruined in Spain after running without oil for 9 seconds???

Im assuming that they went back to a previously used engine and not use a new one. Especially in Kubicas case.

Same case with Vettel after his blow up of his engine in FP1.

jonathan189
jonathan189

andartop wrote: Ruby proved once more why he had to play second fiddle to Schumi all these years: after all the moaning, the fact is he still hasn't managed to even challenge Button for a win.. He should be thankful if they let him win in Brazil just for the fans..
Interesting thought. Rubens would love to win Brazil more than anything else.

I remember, after last year's Brazil GP, thinking, "Massa's won it twice... what a shame Rubens never won it."

I was already thinking about him in the past tense! Little did I know...

Slife
Slife

Poor Ross Brawn...

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Enzo Ferrari, son of Piero I believe.

Funny how the nose fit perfectly into the barrier gap...

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

andartop
andartop

mx_tifosi wrote: Funny how the nose fit perfectly into the barrier gap...

That is not a coincidence. Once more the FIA unashamedly try to help Ferrari. The height where the barrier gap is positioned was specifically calculated to fit only the Ferrari nose. It was not by chance that Massa was able to continue after this shunt in Q1 whereas Kovi had to quit.

(sorry. couldn't help myself)
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

De Jokke

Another win for button thanks to copying barri's setup (all weekend slow, almost out of q2 and only in q3 a fast lap), and that man becomes champion this year. F1 is truly --- up!
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!
If you can't beat'em, call Masi!

andartop
andartop

De Jokke wrote:Another win for button thanks to copying barri's setup (all weekend slow, almost out of q2 and only in q3 a fast lap), and that man becomes champion this year. F1 is truly --- up!
I wonder now, where have I seen this before? :lol:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

Saribro
Saribro

Well, if your teammate has the same car, running the same setup, and you're still consistently slower.... Do I even need to finish this thought?

ringo

Barichello had an impressive race, His seat belt was lose and driving an F1 car with a lose seat belt going through those turns at 2G is a big enough challenge in it self.
I believe he could of caught button if he didn't have that problem, since he had to readjust his braking to be a little more comfortable.
If Rubens only got poll it would have been a different result today. The graining of the tires which resulted from following button also ended his chances of challenging the win.

Don't want to be a hater, but Brawn is making this look too easy, and Button's delicate driving style is emphasizing it. There is simply no challenge to Brawns well thought out strategy and his fantastic car. Button simply shows up to work; bring the car to the finish and that's that. It's kind of getting a little monotonous. The last 2 races were more like a chess game than racing.

I hope there is a challenge to the Brawns from Mclaren and Ferrari in Turkey and that BMW get their car to the form it had in Barcelona and stop embarrassing themselves.
For Sure!!

PlatinumZealot

WHAT DID PIQUET SAY? :roll:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

woohoo
woohoo

n smikle wrote:WHAT DID PIQUET SAY? :roll:

he said something to the extent of "that is what happens when you let young and inexperienced drivers race F1"
To what the BBC commentators gave the proper response...
The only way to close a stupid question is to give a smart answer

roost89
roost89

ringo wrote:Don't want to be a hater, but Brawn is making this look too easy, and Button's delicate driving style is emphasizing it. There is simply no challenge to Brawns well thought out strategy and his fantastic car.

I hope there is a challenge to the Brawns from Mclaren and Ferrari in Turkey and that BMW get their car to the form it had in Barcelona and stop embarrassing themselves.
They already have a challenger, it comes in a can. Said can gives you wings. They just need to not get passed by a Ferrari or a McLaren at the start and a challenge can be mounted in ernest. Also their cars could not break-down as they're prone to in years gone by.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green