Monaco GP 2009 - Monte Carlo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
transporter

Re: Monaco GP 2009

I wonder to know why Kimi started in Soft tyre but it was damaged sooner than Rubens driven by Super Soft. Of course, Monaco GP was a race is suitable for harder tyres (mean Soft) but when starting Rubens was advantage of Super Soft to overtake Kimi. I think Kimi should be better pole when his compound tyres were Super soft-Soft-Soft.

Who can explain me why the Monaco GP used 2 chequer flag in stead of 1 like others?

ISLAMATRON

transporter wrote:I wonder to know why Kimi started by Soft tyre but it was damaged sooner that Rubens driven by Super Soft. Of course, Monaco GP was a race is suitable for harder tyres (mean Soft) but when starting Rubens was advantage of Super Soft to overtake Kimi. I think Kimi should be better pole when his compound tyres were Super soft-Soft-Soft.

Who can explain me why the Monaco GP used 2 chequer flag in stead of 1 like others?

Who says KIMI's tires were done before RB's? Kimi caught RB, and stayed on his tail for several laps before deciding that RB was holding him up and pitted early to try and get a jump on him.

axle

transporter wrote:I wonder to know why Kimi started in Soft tyre but it was damaged sooner than Rubens driven by Super Soft. Of course, Monaco GP was a race is suitable for harder tyres (mean Soft) but when starting Rubens was advantage of Super Soft to overtake Kimi. I think Kimi should be better pole when his compound tyres were Super soft-Soft-Soft.

That's very hard to understand, I'm guessing English is not your first language. So if I've misunderstood you then you'll have to try again.

Brawn gambled on the Super-Softs lasting well enough get through to the first pitstop. As did Vettel. This was a fine gamble if you were in the lead like Jenson and able to pace/look after your tyres. For Vettel and Rubens the SuperSoft tyres went off quickly due to following other cars. Rubens and Vettel then made everyone behind them follow in a procession until they were forced to pit. BOTH Brawns and Vettel pitted earlier than intended due to tyre wear issues.

Kimi's tyres didn't suffer but there was no way he could pass Rubens. Kimi cost himself 2nd place when he was beaten by Rubens to the first corner.

IMO Brawn risked the Super Softs at the start to get track position (1-2). The optimum strategy (best laptime) for tyre usage was Soft-Soft-SuperSoft. But by getting the all important track position Brawn GP could manage the early use of Supersofts at a sub optimal time, whilst ruining the laps of those on the fastest tyre.

Quite brilliant really.

Ferrari didn't lose that, Brawn won it.

As for the chequered flags, no idea what you mean but if the guy wants to wave a hundred flags what does it matter?
- Axle

megz

axle wrote: As for the chequered flags, no idea what you mean but if the guy wants to wave a hundred flags what does it matter?
Well he'd be a centuripus for starters...

mx_tifoso

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

modbaraban

Ahaha very true. For some reason I found myself unable not to look at her every time the AD was coming into the shot.

joshuafrfld701

I imported the calendar for all sessions to my Google Calendar before the Malasian Grand Prix & have been receiving text messages from Google that give me a 10 minute warning before the start of any session. I also have this linked to a calendar application that is embedded on my desktop, so I can easily check session times for each weekend.

Giblet

I'll take 100 Dale Jr Calendars please......

...yeah right.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute