Hungarian GP 2009 - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
myurr

Re: Hungarian GP 2009

ISLAMATRON wrote:
Terrible3 wrote:
paused wrote:I expect that RBR will also pick it's title driver after the next 2 races. If MW remains in front on Vettel by beating him at least once and not losing too many points on the other, you figure the will line up behind him for the final 5 events. Last thing they would want to do is blow it by having their drivers take each other out.
Its hard to say who they will side with. On one hand Webber has been more consistent, but Vettel seems faster ( to me at least). A lot of people point out that Vettel retires too much and has poor starts. I think a lot of that really comes down to lady luck not being on his side. Yes Monaco was clearly his fault, but that's the exception.
So spinning out in Malaysia wasnt his fault?
You could also argue that in Hungary he went four abreast through the first corner and didn't give the others enough room by staying to the right, contributing to the collision with Kimi. If he wants to fight for the world championship he needs to be more careful than that. Kimi had nothing to lose in that situation, both Webber and Vettel did. Webber is going to start playing for points as well in those situations, as a single DNF through a red mist moment could put him out of contention if Button can get anywhere near the podium (big if at the moment).

PlatinumZealot

mike wrote:
ringo wrote:
_____ wrote:He still has a lot to prove to me to gain my respect. Right now, he is just a lucky driver with a great car last season (which he almost blew!) and a magic boost button this season.
You are a hopeless case; can you appreciate what the man did in his first year?
Just take a few minutes and think about it.

Alonso was man handled in the race today. The Merc was not the best on the track either. It was drivable and was driven consistently by a very good driver. You are just jealous that Hamilton is the center of attraction in the sport because of his driving style and ability to pull daring maneuvers out of thin air even when he is not winning.
Suddenly the mclaren is a magic car and is the best car on the field :roll:
Why don't you look on Kovi's finish and apply the same logic?

Hamilton will kick Alonso's, kimi's and Vettel's ass again next race!...oh yeah Alonso won't be racing next time. [-X :lol: neer neer.
(*no disrespect to Alonso, i would like to see renault race; but saying this just to stick it too you*)
its all about the car and driver combination.
Kimi, Lewis and Schumacher - oversteery
Massa and Alonso, Kovi(reault driver for years) - understeery
look at it this way
07 mclaren: comming off Kimi's oversteery driving style, naturally Lewis was able to beat Alonso, but at most the latter part of the season spa, monza sliverstone etc, Alonso was significantly faster in comparison(not saying he is better but he was less slow or even quicker at times). It proves that he is a great rookie, but not neccessary the best.
06 Ferrari: any1 remember how near the end of the season after turkey especially Massa was close to out-driving Schumacher during some races? Because the team added the 2nd flip-up to gain more rear grip and Massa was actually giving schumacher a big go. given the style of car Massa is as good as any
07 Ferrari: Massa was going quite well at the start, but as the season went on the front wing got more updates than the back and Kimi was driving better and better. Again style of car makes you win
08 Ferrari: Kimi got slower because the car was getting more rear grip than the front(the only front update that is clear to me was the slot in the nose) and the rear got pod vanes, pod vane connectors,etc and the car was design to suit the rule change(more rear grip). Kimi was actually not as bad if u consider canada, spa, french, sliverston etc all winable racing but missed out.
08 Mclaren: clearly Lewis is the number 1 can naturally they would alway try to get more front grip for him. 4 plane wings, double plane on the top, elephant ears etc. So you can not judge Kovi in a car that he is not comfortable in. And as so in 09

conclusion: Lewis need result like this more to prove that he is one of the best, i would say that Lewis driving a reault(understeery) could have gone no where. Given his car now and his fight back this is definately his best year in F1 despite the result. And we must not forget how Kimi had a problem with his car or else there could have been a better show for us.
They are all great drivers, but because of the team setup we are unable to see the best from them.
Why cant they just put Kimi and Lewis in the same team, and Alonso and Massa in the same team. Similar style, maximum spectacle, no excuses for not winning.

That's just because Lewis Learned from Alonso, how to "develop" the car. IT took six months of input from him to he engineers and now the Car is how he likes it and most importantly competitive. Lewis is one of those guys that can bring a knife to a gun fight and kill a few few people.
Watch him win in Valencia; another low G's track.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Richard

Giblet wrote: Every race I have had pretty good luck finding a stream on justin.tv.

Watch the chat box, while ignoring the pests, and you will find links all over.
Thanks for the tip Giblet, I'm now watching the Ashes live!

This works well ... http://www.realhq.net/Schedule.html

ISLAMATRON

n smikle wrote:That's just because Lewis Learned from Alonso, how to "develop" the car. IT took six months of input from him to he engineers and now the Car is how he likes it and most importantly competitive. Lewis is one of those guys that can bring a knife to a gun fight and kill a few few people.
I dont think Lewis learned it, I think he ripped it out of Alonso's brain, because that Renault does not seem to be getting any faster.

Groovy Lou for the fantastically boring Valencia win.

Richard

ISLAMATRON wrote:
n smikle wrote:That's just because Lewis Learned from Alonso, how to "develop" the car. IT took six months of input from him to he engineers and now the Car is how he likes it and most importantly competitive. Lewis is one of those guys that can bring a knife to a gun fight and kill a few few people.
I dont think Lewis learned it, I think he ripped it out of Alonso's brain, because that Renault does not seem to be getting any faster.

Groovy Lou for the fantastically boring Valencia win.

Sorry guys, there is an army of incredibly intelligent people analysing the car and tweaking its mechanical and aerodynamic performance. To think that any driver can tell them how to do that job is laughable. Yes, the driver can report on the performance, and request certain characteristics, but lets give credit (and blame) were it is due - with the design team.

PlatinumZealot

Lewis told them to start over and they did; they changed the philosophy of the design. Remember when he said they should put the car on the junk heap and try something different? People were blasting the man but look at the end result! magnificent.

Enough development input for me! hehe
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

siskue2005

n smikle wrote:Lewis told them to start over and they did; they changed the philosophy of the design. Remember when he said they should put the car on the junk heap and try something different? People were blasting the man but look at the end result! magnificent.

what? #-o

ds.raikkonen

It was sad to hear JB literally crying over the radio about how the BGP001 felt so terrible and how the heck was it possible that it was behaving so badly. Brawn GP will have to solve the tyre temperature problem quickly if JB has to has any chance of clinching the driver's title.
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

Giblet

I think with Ferrari and Mclaren's recent jump in form means that less points will be available to other realistic title contenders like Vettel and Webber.

a couple of races finishing ahead of the Red Bulls should do it I think.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Giblet

n smikle wrote:Lewis told them to start over and they did; they changed the philosophy of the design. Remember when he said they should put the car on the junk heap and try something different? People were blasting the man but look at the end result! magnificent.

Just cuz Lewis said something, and the something happened, does not make it cause and effect.

Notice lately when Lewis suggest strategy to the team on the radio, they say "Drive the car"(sic)
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

ISLAMATRON

But he was actually right... they should have saved the engine in Germany, there was no point to him running around, especially after he was down a lap. Testing wasnt important because the car aero was damaged.

siskue2005

ISLAMATRON wrote:But he was actually right... they should have saved the engine in Germany, there was no point to him running around, especially after he was down a lap. Testing wasnt important because the car aero was damaged.
what the team was counting on was Rain
if rain came down anything could happen
thats why they told them to keep racing
the team said that on the radio and everyone heard it

for me that was sensible thing to do, who knows if something like 2007 happen and still the SC rule to let the backmarkers stands so he could gain a lap there coiuld go for points

ISLAMATRON

After about the halfway point of the race it was a lost cause and would have been more prudent to bring him in, he may have been early in calling for it but it was the right call. I had been hoping for rain myself in that race.

He was the one driving the car so only he knew how much it was damaged. Hamilton has never been one to just give up, watch his famous GP2 race in turkey if you doubt that.

Ray

I'm sure his sponsors would have loved to see him just park the car during the race. Especially given how much attention he gets no matter where he is running.

siskue2005

ISLAMATRON wrote:After about the halfway point of the race it was a lost cause and would have been more prudent to bring him in, he may have been early in calling for it but it was the right call. I had been hoping for rain myself in that race.
hindsight is really good, who knows when it will rain...all the rain report was showing it might rain , around 60%.....now sitting at one's chair after the race is over anyone can say that Lewis' decsion was right bla bla bla... but what would have everyone said if it had rained? everyone will calling Lewis and Mclaren Idiots.
And moreover it was Mercedes' home race what do you expect them to say?
and driving that race have not done any harm to their engine as Mercedes engine is the most reliable one on the grid
He was the one driving the car so only he knew how much it was damaged. Hamilton has never been one to just give up, watch his famous GP2 race in turkey if you doubt that.
and i have never said anything bad about Lewis
and i know what he is capable of and seen that Gp2 2006 turkey race Live aswell