European GP 2009 - Valencia

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ESPImperium

Re: European GP 2009 - Valencia

New Chassis Info:

Luca Bodoer - F60-280 (KERS)
Robert Kubica - F1.09-8 = F1.09-6 in Hungary
Nick Heidfeld - F1.09-7 = F1.09-05 in Hungary

Diffrent Chassis:

Lewis Hamilton - MP4/24-5 = MP4/24-4 in Hungary
Sebastian Vettel - RB5-1 = RB5-4 in hungary

All the rest unchanges since Hungary, altho im waiting on the Force India press release as thats the data im lacking.

Giblet

Moanlower wrote:Fernando during thursday press conference:
Obviously something went wrong with him, with the team or whatever. Technically speaking, I think we always had the same car; this has to be clear because there was a lot of information this summer
Did he mean that technically speaking NP had the same car, but not when it comes to aerodynamic updates?? To me it looks like it's a cheeky way to deny or avoid the fact that he had a better car most of the time, but not on the technical side. :wtf:

Fernando was the first to get the new parts, as he was the better to evaluate them. He is one of the best at testing new parts and actually understanding what they are doing, good or bad. Nelson had a baseline car he should have known from either his previous race, or from the parts that Fernando had tested and approved the previous race. Not all the updates applied were kept, so technically, either driver could have had an advantage on any given day.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

chasefreak

i still say mclaren have the pace... we did nto see LH in FP2
and we know that hekki was not using the KERS for there was a technical fault in it.
so i say saturday when the new front wing comes we could see some real pace from them

alonso was once again pleasing his fans..... he is best at that

and both force india cars were fast... they have really worked into getting their cars to the mid field and beyond

Conceptual

Giblet wrote:Illegal means penalized. Those are not penalized examples, therefore legal.
...try telling that to all of the people that still moan and cry about the "illegal" DDD...

ESPImperium

What i find retarded is that BBC dont have the replays of FP1 & FP2 on BBCi this weekend. Last night all i wanted to do after a hard days work was to come home and switch on to watch FP1 & FP2.

May havt to give the Crofty & Anthony a tweet to see what they say.

roost89

ESPImperium wrote:What i find retarded is that BBC dont have the replays of FP1 & FP2 on BBCi this weekend. Last night all i wanted to do after a hard days work was to come home and switch on to watch FP1 & FP2.

BBC online have them recorded. But I'm not sure if that's useful for you.

Something I'm liking about todays video is there're more of those high quality cameras on the cars now. Not all cars have them though, it's not so good.

Luca looks seriously rough in the racing, taking bad lines and doesn't look as confident in the car compared to Kimi when he's driving.
Haven't seen much of Grosjean so far, as I speak he's 4th with 2 minutes of Q1 left.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

jamsbong

How about this new Renault Driver, Grojean. He looks promising. For a guy who didn't have any practice, he made it to 2nd quali. I'm impressed.

roost89

McLaren lock-out. I wonder how light they are. They're only 1.3s slower than their Q2 times. I'm not sure how that equates to fuel weight though.

Barrichello and Vettel are 1.5s slower
Button 1.2s slower
Kimi and Rosberg 1.4s
Alonso 1.5s
Webber 1.6s
Kubica (wtf?) 1.8s

These are very rough calculations (mental and swift)

I think best placed is Barrichello, he'll have the fuel-corrected pole. He's only 0.1s slower than Hamilton and carrying more fuel..I think.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

Scotracer

ESPImperium wrote:What i find retarded is that BBC dont have the replays of FP1 & FP2 on BBCi this weekend. Last night all i wanted to do after a hard days work was to come home and switch on to watch FP1 & FP2.

They used to...and stopped it for some reason.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

hulmerist

@ roost - remember both hamilton and kovi were on better laps at the end, kovi messed his up, hamilton didn't need to finish his

chasefreak

lewis was going even faster on his last run. he backed out of since he knew there was no need

myurr

hulmerist wrote:@ roost - remember both hamilton and kovi were on better laps at the end, kovi messed his up, hamilton didn't need to finish his
On top of that Hamilton only did 1 run in Q1 and Q2 so could have potentially gone faster still. McLaren may be a lap or two lighter to ensure their good qualifying positions, but I think they'll be pretty similar. The important thing is going to be tyre wear in the race. If Brawn are on top of their problems then maybe they've got their excellent tyre wear rates back, otherwise they could cook their tyres really quickly. Either way I think RB is the only one who xan take the fight to McLaren this weekend.

chasefreak

guys... i honestly feel mclaren have taken the game to the next lvl with their KERS package

ferrari is still having an issue with KERS.... they r still not able to get it right

i thought that mclaren and ferrari have got their act together in the last race
but i was wrong.. kimi is really not on the pace......

sunny1304

Mclaren seems to have genuine pace. This is fantastic to see a KERS car is completely outpacing the non KERS cars.

for Ferrari... either they are experimenting smthing for 2010 or their updates are not working.

ISLAMATRON

1. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 653.0
2. Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes 655.0
3. Barrichello Brawn-Mercedes 662.5
4. Vettel Red Bull-Renault 654.0
5. Button Brawn-Mercedes 661.5
6. Raikkonen Ferrari 661.5
7. Rosberg Williams-Toyota 665.0
8. Alonso Renault 656.5
9. Webber Red Bull-Renault 664.5
10. Kubica BMW-Sauber 657.5