European GP 2009 - Valencia

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Ray

Re: European GP 2009 - Valencia

Roland Ehnström wrote: All right, but shouldn't you then direct your anger at the TV producer, rather than at certain drivers' dads/girlfriends/wives? It's not their fault they ruin the show for you, is it?
Very true and good point. But complaining to the FOM or whoever does the broadcast is futile, they obviously don't care about the quality of their broadcasting. How many other racing series have you seen that the cameramen don't wipe the rain off the lenses? I've seen that happen exactly 0 times with any other racing series.
n smikle wrote:On the whole Pappa Hamilton and Nicole taking up video time; I like seeing other people in the pits. Mechanics, engineers, family,Celebrities etc. Formula 1 is so boring nowadays I welcome it.
I can agree with that somewhat. You make a good point as well about F1 being boring, but it would be a change to see people other than those too. They seem so fake to me for some reason. When they know they are on they put on this persona to speak, unlike Lewis' brother or Felipes' brother.

The FOZ

Ray wrote:I can agree with that somewhat. You make a good point as well about F1 being boring, but it would be a change to see people other than those too. They seem so fake to me for some reason. When they know they are on they put on this persona to speak, unlike Lewis' brother or Felipes' brother.
Look at Jenson's dad. He's a real guy, when he's smiling, it's for real. Lewis'? Creeeeeps me out!

Ray

Or for that matter Webbers Dad and his worried look. At least I think he's worried, he may normally look that way.

djos

The FOZ wrote:
Ray wrote:I can agree with that somewhat. You make a good point as well about F1 being boring, but it would be a change to see people other than those too. They seem so fake to me for some reason. When they know they are on they put on this persona to speak, unlike Lewis' brother or Felipes' brother.
Look at Jenson's dad. He's a real guy, when he's smiling, it's for real. Lewis'? Creeeeeps me out!
+1 Hamilton Snr to me just has a$$hole written all over his face.
Last edited by djos on 27 Aug 2009, 03:52, edited 1 time in total.
"In downforce we trust"

djos

Ray wrote:Or for that matter Webbers Dad and his worried look. At least I think he's worried, he may normally look that way.
Lol, i'd look worried if I was Webber's dad (Alan) too, Webber's luck until this year has been truly rotten.
"In downforce we trust"

djos

I just dont like the way he comes across on TV - maybe that's the media's fault? who know's who cares? :roll:

"In downforce we trust"

timbo

Don't forget that he's not only a father but his manager. However, yeah, it's a bit tiresome watching his face EVERY GP :x , and the most disturbing fact is the expression of his face :wtf: .
However, I think Hammi's fans should be concerned whether his presence is for better or worse for LH. Anthony has a reputation (well, maybe not a reputation but the rumor exists) of a sh*t stirrer. Apparently he was the one who called stewards after 2007 Hungarian GP qualifying, it is also speculated that he was involved in Ron's letdown.
Anyway, won't you all connect LH's "I was told to speak lies, but I never ever lie" with his dad's constant guardianship?

Giblet

To be honest, I would rather stop seeing his idiot Pop-tart girlfriend jumping up and down in the pits.

She just seems like she's manufacturing her relationship, getting TV time conveniently after her 15 minutes as a Pussy Cat doll were up.

I guess it was either dates someone high profile, or do a sex tape. Hamilton has had a chip on his shoulder since he started in F1 to get a b-list GF. He had a standing bet with a Minougue, not sure which one as they never caught on in North America, that if he won Monaco he got a date.

I really felt for Massa's dad when he saw his son realize his boyhood dream, only to have it immediately taken away.

------ ------- -------

I would imagine that Eau Rouge this year will just be a straight through, full throttle affair with the slicks and DDD's.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

ISLAMATRON

That "idiot" "pop-tart" girlfriend knew that LH had won the championship way before any of the Massa family found out(by being told)... so she is not as clueless as some would make her out to be. And she is definitely the best looking woman I've seen in the pit lane.

And so what if his father rang up the FIA after Alonso's Hungarian stupidity? It obviously had to be done. I'd rather my father be my manager than anyone else, seems an ideal situation to me.

bhall

We're really talking about fathers and girlfriends now?

allan

Giblet wrote:To be honest, I would rather stop seeing his idiot Pop-tart girlfriend jumping up and down in the pits.
Dude, that was the best part of the gp. Gotta admit, she has nice cans... they brought back the good old bay watch days!

on a different note, my understanding is that Eau Rouge has always been flat out. It's the different elevation and the massive g force on the engines that make it seem that the drivers have lifted a little (not on a wet track tho).

ISLAMATRON

bhallg2k wrote:We're really talking about fathers and girlfriends now?
and facial expressions

ds.raikkonen

ISLAMATRON wrote:.. And she is definitely the best looking woman I've seen in the pit lane.
Thats probably because the GF's and wives of other drivers dont turn up at every GP(except Massa's, and she s not much of a looker). Look at Mark Webber's gf.
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

Ciro Pabón

I had to erase half the comments posted last day in this thread. I repeat, as sternly as I can: no more comments about other members.
Ciro

Ray

Well since my posts got deleted for challening an accusation I guess I'll have to repost a question that I asked. Did Heikki have excessive rear tire temps like Lewis? I've not heard anything about his tires or the rears on another KERS car being overheated. Was Lewis the only one affected?