European GP 2009 - Valencia

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Giblet

Re: European GP 2009 - Valencia

It is skill and anyone who thinks it isn't doesn't watch or understand racing.

Remember how he 'tricked' Massa into out braking himself in one of his first races? Massa learned right then that this guy needs to be watched, as his race craft is at least on par with many of the greats.

Some examples of his illegal moving would be great to see, as I don't remember him getting penalized for it.

I remember Schumi getting a 3 race suspended ban for dangerous blocking though.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Moanlower

Mafster wrote:What a sick user name.. :lol: Manlover
I rather have a sick username than a sick brain
Losers focus on winners, winners focus on winning.

megz

ISLAMATRON wrote:
ds.raikkonen wrote:
ringo wrote:Kimi is a little boy to Hamilton :lol: , he is fast, but LH will pass kimi if he has to.

Hamilton is angry that he didn't get shumis old ass to kick, so he won't play nice this weekend. :P
Really?! you re living in a delusional world dude....i think its the other way round. Well, pity Schumi could nt kick Hamilton's a@# at Valencia. Anyways, Kimi is always there for the job...

HahA, I can remember LH passing Kimi so many times in the last couple years... several times(maybe 3 o 4) in malaysia this year alone.

NAme some of the great Kimi passes on LH?
Might I remind you Jesus Hamilton spun off how many times and Kimi ended up back in front?

ISLAMATRON

megz wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:HahA, I can remember LH passing Kimi so many times in the last couple years... several times(maybe 3 o 4) in malaysia this year alone.

Might I remind you Jesus Hamilton spun off how many times and Kimi ended up back in front?
I've never heard of Jesus Hamilton, but Lewis Hamilton did spin several times, and each time he easily caught back up to KIMI and passed him again, easily. I found it quite entertaining.

Kimi seems to be HAmilton's favorite victim, or really his favorite bitch. I have the feeling that if Lewis followed Kimi to rally racing Lewis would pass him there too :lol: :wink: .

siskue2005

Giblet wrote: Some examples of his illegal moving would be great to see, as I don't remember him getting penalized for it.
Spa GP, look how Lewis moved 3 to 4 times on the camel straight after cutting the chicane...even Martin Brundle said he is lucky not to be penalized for that
And he used to move more than two times in many races
France 2008 , illegal pass on Vettel
Fuji 2008 start
Fuji 2007 in SC
Italy 2008 moving twice on straight
I remember Schumi getting a 3 race suspended ban for dangerous blocking though.
yeah lets bring Schumy and Ferrari into every discussion :lol:
Schumy after his 2 yrs in F1 didnot even get penalties to the extent Lewis and his team managed to do in 2 yrs time :lol:
If we extrapolate that you can imagine what would happen :mrgreen:
Schumi got 3 race suspended ban for one blocking move into the fast corner
imagine if Lewis raced in 90s he would have been Banned for the entire season

I agree Lewis is mighty when it comes to overtaking and its a skill and he is fantastic
but he does some questionable moves all the time...i was just pointing it out
but all this "Saint Lewis" stuff is making me prove it wrong to them
Last edited by siskue2005 on 18 Aug 2009, 14:46, edited 2 times in total.

siskue2005

ISLAMATRON wrote:
megz wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:HahA, I can remember LH passing Kimi so many times in the last couple years... several times(maybe 3 o 4) in malaysia this year alone.

I've never heard of Jesus Hamilton, but Lewis Hamilton did spin several times, and each time he easily caught back up to KIMI and passed him again, easily. I found it quite entertaining.
overtaking Kimi is a shot rain tyres 4 times
could that be considered as legitimate overtaking move :?
Kimi seems to be HAmilton's favorite victim, or really his favorite bitch. I have the feeling that if Lewis followed Kimi to rally racing Lewis would pass him there too :lol: :wink: .
how childish

Giblet

Illegal means penalized. Those are not penalized examples, therefore legal.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

imightbewrong

Who are bringing updates to Valencia? This is what I have seen (some are pure rumors), please add to it:

Ferrari:
"Ferrari to introduce revised front and rear wings, plus tweaked diffuser, for this weekend's European Grand Prix" - source

Force India:
Team principal Vijay Mallya said: "We have a major aerodynamic upgrade coming for Valencia, which includes a new floor, bargeboard area and front wing. We're looking forward to it as we had a very successful aero test with Tonio [Liuzzi] in the week before the summer shutdown." - source

Renault:
Possible that they bring the new diffuser seen in testing and maybe the front wing?

BMW:
"Despite the two-week summer break, during which the factory in Hinwil was closed, we will bring a development package to Valencia headed by numerous aerodynamic parts." - source

siskue2005

Giblet wrote:Illegal means penalized. Those are not penalized examples, therefore legal.
So then was Lewis Cutting the chicane illegal for you? cos it was penalized
oh the irony
he was not penalized for the 3 times blocking in straight cos he was already penalized for that illegal pass after the chicane cutting
France 2008 , illegal pass on Vettel
Fuji 2008 start
Fuji 2007 in SC

and all these were penalized aswell

and dont forget his great move in Canada pit lane :lol:

mx_tifoso

Guys please cut that sh*t out, it's really annoying. This is a GP thread, so please stick to the European GP discussion.

Anyways, does anyone know of a site with current images? motorsport.com, gpupdate,net, f1-live.com, and formule1.nl don't have any yet. Those are my usual ones. And I know images are usually up at least by wednesday, but I'm pretty bored.

Please let me know :wink: .
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

ISLAMATRON

imightbewrong wrote:Who are bringing updates to Valencia?
McLaren is saying they have some minor upgrades, hopefully HK will get the same spec as LH.

Wonder if Grosjean will have the same spec as FA.

Any major changes to the track?

Weather forecasts are for dry & clear at around 30C all weekend. If so this could really be 1 seriously boring race... hope not.

roost89

Force India have also got some updates coming. Front wing, bargeboards, under-tray and maybe more.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

tk421

DaveKillens wrote:First, Alonso and Renault get a suspension. Then it is announced Schumacher may drive. Then Renault and Alonso are allowed back to race. Amazing.
I had been thinking the same thing, how all this incredible stuff happens before this race and the back-and-forth effect it would have with the tickets. very nice observation, DK
mx_tifosi wrote:Guys please cut that sh*t out, it's really annoying.
thanks to both of you for getting the discussion back on track, that sh*t really is so annoying! if they really need to bicker, they can at least do it in PM's instead!
Best regards. I guess this explains why I'm not at my post!

ds.raikkonen

ISLAMATRON wrote:
first off, racing passes are nt the greatest thing racing drivers can do, kindly bear that in mind. they do not necessarily prove that a particular driver is better than some other driver.
secondly, i believe there s no need to prove that Kimi is in a different league, far beyond Lewis Hamilton can ever hope to reach....please dont ask for evidences everytime. I believe you have seen the over takes as well as I have. But to name a few moments where Kimi's pace was evident:-
1. Kimi's pace at Silverstone in 2007 was way beyond LH's.
2. Kimi handled worn out tyres way better than LH in Shanghai 2007, o.t. him on the same.
3. At Spa, as mentioned earlier, Kimi's pace and passes were better than anyone else.

etc etc.....
ISLAMATRON wrote:McLaren is saying they have some minor upgrades, hopefully HK will get the same spec as LH.
Yeah, the so-called `fair to both the drivers' team will finally give both their drivers equal chances...Heikki has been faster than LH at many occasions this year, in a car that was far behind LH's car in terms of development. Poor Heikki has had to contend himself with that car, knowing that his team mate had every latest upgrade available before the race. Poor bloke!
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

Giblet

mx_tifosi wrote:Guys please cut that sh*t out, it's really annoying. This is a GP thread, so please stick to the European GP discussion.

Anyways, does anyone know of a site with current images? motorsport.com, gpupdate,net, f1-live.com, and formule1.nl don't have any yet. Those are my usual ones. And I know images are usually up at least by wednesday, but I'm pretty bored.

Please let me know :wink: .
I will no longer goad, or let siskue goad me. I've been so good lately :)

I think Renault will surprise.

Alonso for pole? Bigger maybe than most.