European GP 2009 - Valencia

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ringo

Re: European GP 2009 - Valencia

raceman wrote:
ds.raikkonen wrote:
ringo wrote:Kimi is a little boy to Hamilton :lol: , he is fast, but LH will pass kimi if he has to.

Hamilton is angry that he didn't get shumis old ass to kick, so he won't play nice this weekend. :P
Really?! you re living in a delusional world dude....i think its the other way round. Well, pity Schumi could nt kick Hamilton's a@# at Valencia. Anyways, Kimi is always there for the job...
ds.raikkonen, rite said! totally agree
ringo wrote:Hamilton is angry that he didn't get shumis old ass to kick
[-X [-X

what the hell?? have some respect man..... you are talking about a seven-time world champion. may not be a good man in other views, we are nobody to comment as we don't know him personally, but when in a race, he ruled - u have to admit
Shumacher is the best, of all time, in my mind but it doesn't change reality. :lol:
If he wants to prove otherwise he should do his best to return before the season is through.
For Sure!!

ringo

siskue2005 wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:
HahA, I can remember LH passing Kimi so many times in the last couple years... several times(maybe 3 o 4) in malaysia this year alone.

NAme some of the great Kimi passes on LH?
Spa 2008 into the camel straight? forgot?
3 to 4 times in Malaysia alone?? :?
and its always difficult to pass Lewis...cos he weaves and moves across the track too much ....his defending skill is good, but he does it too much and illegally aswell.

See for example after he famously cut the chicane and overtook Kimi, and into the camel straight he blocked like 3 to 4 times in that straight alone
Well a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. LH doesn't play nice, he is bad man and the fans like it. :mrgreen:
Kimi is good, but I don't see Hamilton intimidated by him as he would have been if he had to pass Alonso. Alonso and Hamilton are the baddest men on the track.
Alonso would kick old Shumis butt like a football and square it to Hamilton to kick it even more. Hehehehe :P Though shumi owns all if it were 5 years ago. :)
For Sure!!

imightbewrong

imightbewrong wrote:Who are bringing updates to Valencia? This is what I have seen (some are pure rumors), please add to it:

Ferrari:
"Ferrari to introduce revised front and rear wings, plus tweaked diffuser, for this weekend's European Grand Prix" - source

Force India:
Team principal Vijay Mallya said: "We have a major aerodynamic upgrade coming for Valencia, which includes a new floor, bargeboard area and front wing. We're looking forward to it as we had a very successful aero test with Tonio [Liuzzi] in the week before the summer shutdown." - source

Renault:
Possible that they bring the new diffuser seen in testing and maybe the front wing?

BMW:
"Despite the two-week summer break, during which the factory in Hinwil was closed, we will bring a development package to Valencia headed by numerous aerodynamic parts." - source

McLaren:
"You will see that will be on one car in P1, with the new rear floor on the other car in P1...we need to back-to-back the new front wing and rear floor modifications, so by P2 both cars will have converged on the same specification." - source
Updated with McLaren info

roost89

ISLAMATRON wrote:
imightbewrong wrote:Who are bringing updates to Valencia?
McLaren is saying they have some minor upgrades, hopefully HK will get the same spec as LH.

Wonder if Grosjean will have the same spec as FA.

Any major changes to the track?

Weather forecasts are for dry & clear at around 30C all weekend. If so this could really be 1 seriously boring race... hope not.
There're quite a few changes to the track. Mostly to do with walls placements
http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=co ... Itemid=219
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

siskue2005

DaveKillens wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:imagine if Lewis raced in 90s he would have been Banned for the entire season
Umm dude, you seem to have the positions all wrong, or at least reversed.

In 1997 Michael Schumacher was disqualified from the World Driver's Championship.
and Lewis's team got DSQed from the whole yr in his very first year
and if it was not for Bernie , Lewis and Alonso also would have been DSQed from his first season ever

97 MS DQ was in his 6th yr in F1
and imagine what would Lewis and his team would get in 5 yrs time

Already he holds the unofficial record of most penalized person in f1 in 2 yrs
and how many things were left without penalizing

and again, if Lewis raced in 90s he would have been Banned for the entire season after season
_________________________________________________________________________________

In topic
is that new wing for Ferrari

Sawtooth-spike

siskue2005 wrote:
DaveKillens wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:imagine if Lewis raced in 90s he would have been Banned for the entire season

In 1997 Michael Schumacher was disqualified from the World Driver's Championship.
and if it was not for Bernie , Lewis and Alonso also would have been DSQed from his first season ever
Oh So it was Lewis that did it, Just him, on his Own. ok =D>

We Get it, you dont like him, Move on.

I think the Mclaren and Ferrari are going to clean up here this year. Unless Brawn or RB have found alot of speed in 4 weeks. Just think KERS is gonna really help here.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Scotracer

siskue2005 wrote:
DaveKillens wrote:

97 MS DQ was in his 6th yr in F1
and imagine what would Lewis and his team would get in 5 yrs time

Already he holds the unofficial record of most penalized person in f1 in 2 yrs
and how many things were left without penalizing

and again, if Lewis raced in 90s he would have been Banned for the entire season after season
_________________________________________________________________________________

In topic
is that new wing for Ferrari

Looks like new endplates.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

Giblet

Yeah yeah... you like MS. He good, Lewis bad. Lewis worst. I'll agree to get you to move on, OK?

There are two different kinds of wings there.

The top one has a straighter profile than the two bottom ones.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

ESPImperium

Looks like a new fatter "Red Bull Development" nose cone as well for the Ferraris.

Also a new "Brawn" front wing for Force India:

PNSD

The outboard panel I think is new. I dont remember them being that small, I thought they stood as high as the endplates?

edit// I mean Ferrari that is.

FI really are pushing on (LegardTM) with development arent they. Been very impressed this year with them.

wesley123

Look at the back!

they have new sidepods, the fin isnt connected as weird anymore and it is disconnected from each other.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Saribro

wesley123 wrote:Look at the back!

they have new sidepods, the fin isnt connected as weird anymore and it is disconnected from each other.
That's some excellent pictures you posted there so that we can actually know what you're talking about. Oh, wait...

imightbewrong

Saribro wrote:
wesley123 wrote:Look at the back!

That's some excellent pictures you posted there so that we can actually know what you're talking about. Oh, wait...
He was talking about the FI picture, look at the side pod to the left of the wings, they have now separated the wing from the actual sidepod

edit: oh, and on the right you can see it from the other side, a bit closer too

edit2:
more visible here:

StrFerrari4Ever

Seems like Toro Rosso has some updates of their own aswell no pics as of yet but i managed to get this from their site
On the car front here in Valencia, the STR-4 is fitted with a new front wing, a modified rear wing, and various minor aero updates. Let’s see what that does for us when practice starts on Friday.
Can't wait I personally like the Valencia Street Circuit so this weekend will be a pretty good one for moi.

Vasco

so far from FP1, it looks like this is gonna be close between Mclaren, Brawn and RBR. All three looking strong.