Belgian GP 2009 - Spa Francorchamps

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
di44ety

Re: Belgian GP 2009 - Spa Francorchamps

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puHFpvpPtes[/youtube]
Watch carefully! Kimi addition, comments on others? Your posts contradict themselves.

PlatinumZealot

Kimi should be penalized.. he broke the rules which stat UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES!! shall you gain an advantage by going off track..
Not like there was a car pile up or anything. Kimi had this all planned out. cheater!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Ray

^

-KMR_NH-

n smikle wrote:he broke the rules
Not only Kimi. But interestingly, there wasn't even an investigation ...
Kimi Räikkönen
Nico Hülkenberg

ss.vamsikrishna

Kimi should be penalized.. he broke the rules which stat UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES!! shall you gain an advantage by going off track..
Not like there was a car pile up or anything. Kimi had this all planned out. cheater!
GET A CT SCAN...DUDE...U HAVE GONE TOTALLY CRAZY...IT IS NOT A CHICANE...PLEASE KNOW THE RULES BEFORE COMMENTING ...HE is not Alonso to crash Piquet to win race...

PlatinumZealot

Ray wrote:^

That right I'm going to SCREAM from the Mountain tops!
c) The race track alone shall be used by the drivers during the
race. Drivers must use the track at all times. For the avoidance of
doubt:
- the white lines defining the track edges are considered to be
part of the track but the kerbs are not, and ;
- a driver will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car
remains in contact with the track.

Should a car leave the track for any reason, and without
prejudice to 2(d) below, the driver may rejoin. However, this may
only be done when it is safe to do so and without gaining any
advantage.

And can be found here...http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.ns ... .07.20.pdf
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

25 second penalty!!!

Gibbs Fisi his ten points!!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

raceman

C'mon guys, leave this crap behind!

FIA isn't having any problems, why are we debating? :wtf:

I think the mods should intercept the misfired rockets here before they corode the forum more badly. This is a wonderful forum with lots of views and information shared, why dilute personally??

cheer up :)

andartop

Kimi had nowhere to go, and staying on the grass would have been too risky.. he took as wide a racing line as possible, and the only reason he appears to be better off is simply because the two cars in front of him were too busy crashing into each other. Button and Badoer did the same thing, and half the field did the same thing last year. Rubens did cut the chicane, and gained a huge advantage, but it was all avoiding action. Those on board videos were really amazing, especially Rubens', they clearly show how busy these guys are on the first lap, really unbelievable reflexes. The best advertisement for F1! The only incident worth investigation was Sutil's move on Badoer, but I reckon the stewards recognized Badoer was so much slower that even this could be regarded as avoiding action. To sum up, all these were considered racing incidents, and rightly so in my opinion.

As for the refueling guys losing their jobs, I think everyone in each Team has multiple roles, so they'll still be quite busy next year. In RBR for example, the guy handling the refueling hose is also a truck driver..
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

ISLAMATRON

raceman wrote:FIA isn't having any problems, why are we debating? :wtf:
Because the FIA never have any problems when Ferrari is in the wrong.

A race ban for Renault for a loose tire... but not even a black flag for Kimi when the exhaust is flapping in the breeze.

Kimi gains more positions than Hamilton did last year and did not give it bak at all, and then goes off track again and hits Kubica when he gets back on and not even an investigation... but I dont expect the FIA to be fair anyway... just more cheating by the red team.

That is why it is so great when other teams beat them even where they cheat their asses off.

dumrick

ISLAMATRON wrote:Kimi gains more positions than Hamilton did last year and did not give it bak at all, and then goes off track again and hits Kubica when he gets back on and not even an investigation...
That's exactly what's itching me... aren't these the same marshalls? How can two such different criteriae come from the same people? Are there new guidelines this year?

Don't get me wrong, I consider that F1 is better off without giving penalties left and right for minor judgement or driving errors, that also a way to put the right weight on the difficulty of a driver's job. But, since these latest years F1 driving seem to be back in nursery school, with the "kids" being punished for the dumbest things, the debates about fairness are (unfortunately) unavoidable.

adam2007

ISLAMATRON wrote:
raceman wrote:FIA isn't having any problems, why are we debating? :wtf:
Because the FIA never have any problems when Ferrari is in the wrong.

A race ban for Renault for a loose tire... but not even a black flag for Kimi when the exhaust is flapping in the breeze.

Kimi gains more positions than Hamilton did last year and did not give it bak at all, and then goes off track again and hits Kubica when he gets back on and not even an investigation... but I dont expect the FIA to be fair anyway... just more cheating by the red team.

That is why it is so great when other teams beat them even where they cheat their asses off.
u must hate ferrari, if they cheated they would be investagted. just give it a rest just accept you love ferrari

bhall

Sour grapes produce such a foul whine.

(See what I did there?)

Raikkonen went off in third and rejoined in third - taking the long way round, I might add. No position gained.

Let's move on.

DaveKillens

have filled this post with more negative energy than I can accept.
Last edited by DaveKillens on 09 Sep 2009, 02:13, edited 2 times in total.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

Roland Ehnström

DaveKillens wrote:
bhallg2k wrote:Sour grapes produce such a foul whine.

(See what I did there?)

Raikkonen went off in third and rejoined in third - taking the long way round, I might add. No position gained.

Let's move on.
That's my position too. We all witnessed a wonderful race, and a great result by both Kimi and Force India and Fisi. It should be a cause for happiness and celebration, yet the whiners have filled this post with more negative energy than I can accept.
While I agree that this issue has sadly overshadowed what was otherwise a pretty good race, I feel I must once more point out that Kimi did NOT go off the track in third position. It's simply false, he went off the track in fourth or even fifth and rejoined third, see the video below. That's a fact and you can choose to ignore it if you want, but you can't possibly claim that he went off in third and rejoined in third because it simply is not true (no matter how much you want it to be).

Personally I wish Kimi had chosen to stay on the track, it would have made the race far more exciting and it would have made his win (because I think he would still have won) far more impressive.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaU8aoHwk-g[/youtube]