Italian GP 2009 - Monza

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Super racing
Super racing

Re: Italian GP 2009 - Monza

Team's demise? Didnt he win the team its first championship in 9 years? Something neither Kimi nor Alonso did for McLaren(not entirely Kimi's fault).

Hamilton's push for 2nd place was the best part of the race today! Where is the glory in sitting back accepting 3rd place when you can push your car to another level and snatch 2nd from a superior car.

F1 fans complain about the lack of on track action, but when a driver goes balls to the walls and puts everything on the line some have the audacity to criticize him for pushing and giving 100 plus percent.

Hamilton was Senna and MS like today, those two used to push all the way to the max and sometimes even they went over the limit. I applaud Hamilton's effort and wish more drivers did the same, but not many have the talent to.

Losing 3rd place and 6 points are nothing when you are going for glory, what if he had drafted up on JB and KERS passed him at the start finish by 1 thousandth of a second? Wouldnt that be better than watching him settle for 3rd.

Its not like he or his team are in the championship hunt. And so what if they are gunning for 3rd... when was the last time you seen a team poster advertising "3RD in the 2009 WCC"... And if they dont get 3rd it is not because of HAmilton it is because Kovi has less points than Massa who has missed 4 races.

And so what if he "destroyed" a "4 million dollar" car? It is a Monza spec that will never see the track again, all those aero parts were about to be relegated to the trash heap or recycled as tea trays at the Paragon center.

Hamilton has more wins than any other driver since he entered F1, and that is because he pushes hard, just like he did today, cant wait to see more.

ss.vamsikrishna
ss.vamsikrishna

Kimi is a genius, we need not say that...to the people and media who dont give him much credit...i just cannot think of reasons ,why are you **** blind
he is putting a ketchup slow car F60 to podium so many times is really amazing...
I dont think Mr Alonso can do that!!!!If you are thinking he can do this ..you are wrong ..

he has scored 40 points with worst car in the track F60 ..and Webber has scored 51 with the Best car in the track 51 .. :shock: :lol:

PlatinumZealot

Conceptual wrote: ...except for throwing away a 4 million dollar car for your idiocy, and the after race interview with Whitmarsh showed that he is NOT Hamilton's biggest fan...
Hamilton is not the one to blame.. he doesn't have any GPS screen inside his car.. It was the engineer's job to tell him to slow down. The greatest drivers TAKE (not give) 100% until told to slow it down.

One of the best displays of on the edge driving this year in a car that wasn't supposed to be doing what it did. Great drive!

Lets change the topic now. It seems everybody likes talking about Hamilton :wink: what about the other drivers?
ss.vamsikrishna wrote:Kimi is a genius, we need not say that...to the people and media who dont give him much credit...i just cannot think of reasons ,why are you **** blind
he is putting a ketchup slow car F60 to podium so many times is really amazing...
I dont think Mr Alonso can do that!!!!If you are thinking he can do this ..you are wrong ..

he has scored 40 points with worst car in the track F60 ..and Webber has scored 51 with the Best car in the track 51 .. :shock: :lol:
Kimi's fast but F60 is far from the worst car, It is probably second or third best right now. If Massa was here, it might all have happened differently though. Maybe the F60 would seem even faster...keep that in mind!
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Ray

Ray wrote:I expect a pretty big pile up at the first chicane. The kerbs are going to stop a safe exit for cars bunched up in there and someone will get off the ground I'm sure. But I hope I'm wrong and every get through and we have a great race.

I'm going to say either Kimi or one of the Brawns pull it off. If Lewis doesn't block well enough into the first corner.
I was pretty damn close! :D Well, at least on one of the Brawns winning. I got all the podium spots right anyway.

sunny1304
sunny1304

n smikle wrote:
Conceptual wrote: ...except for throwing away a 4 million dollar car for your idiocy, and the after race interview with Whitmarsh showed that he is NOT Hamilton's biggest fan...
Hamilton is not the one to blame.. he doesn't have any GPS screen inside his car.. It was the engineer's job to tell him to slow down. The greatest drivers TAKE (not give) 100% until told to slow it down.

One of the best displays of on the edge driving this year in a car that wasn't supposed to be doing what it did. Great drive!

Lets change the topic now. It seems everybody likes talking about Hamilton :wink: what about the other drivers?
ss.vamsikrishna wrote:Kimi is a genius, we need not say that...to the people and media who dont give him much credit...i just cannot think of reasons ,why are you **** blind

Kimi's fast but F60 is far from the worst car, It is probably second or third best right now. If Massa was here, it might all have happened differently though. Maybe the F60 would seem even faster...keep that in mind!
what makes the F60 2nd or 3rd best :?: :?: even FI was faster than ferrari in monza.

MASSA is only a good driver when everything goes his way. If you put MASSA in kimi's place in the italan GP then Sutil definitely overtake him. Some people are just against kimi and they always put blind logic against him.

noname
noname

Super racing wrote:(...) what if he had drafted up on JB and KERS passed him at the start finish by 1 thousandth of a second? (...)
to be honest I do not think he had a chance to pass Jenson on the last lap. maybe if he would be close enough before Ascari it could work. if they had just one more lap there was a chance to outbrake Brawn at the run to 1st chicane but not before the finish line.

to do this you would need to put your car right behind the following one at the exit of Parabolica, and this corner is just too fast to make it happened.

ss.vamsikrishna
ss.vamsikrishna

n_sickley wrote:
Conceptual wrote:...except for throwing away a 4 million dollar car for your idiocy, and the after race interview with Whitmarsh showed that he is NOT Hamilton's biggest fan...

Dude what hamilton did was idiotic..he took one rear tyre to grass and he accelerated...dumb dumb dumb....it was funny :lol: actually you are correct he is good...funny ;)

anyways it sucks to hear the BBC commentary...they only talk about hamilton and button rest are like dont exist..too much biased..

if hamilton overtakes it is becoz of him, when kimi overtakes it is the KERS ...
i enjoy it muted...:)

timbo
timbo

sunny1304 wrote:MASSA is only a good driver when everything goes his way. If you put MASSA in kimi's place in the italan GP then Sutil definitely overtake him. Some people are just against kimi and they always put blind logic against him.
Massa was ahead of Kimi in championship prior to Hungarian GP.
Although Raikkonen fanboys is quite a relief among usual Lewis' ones.
However, guys let's not berate others in favor of driver you like.
F60 is not the best car on the grid but its strong side seems to be that it is pretty consistent and a challenger for points (and sometimes podiums) in most races.

ernos5

what happened to hamilton?

PlatinumZealot

He was pushing 130% in the last few laps..cut time on catching Button to about 0.8 seconds... then this happened:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWgAIiKr ... re=related[/youtube]
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

ernos5

ooh badluck, sh*t happens sometimes i guess.

Things like this happen to everyone, it does not means he is bad, just another learning experience.

tok-tokkie
tok-tokkie

Hamilton. This boards newsletter said
It's better to burn out than to fade away.
He is out of the running for the championship so had nothing to lose and glory to gain. From the team's perspective he lost a lot for them - points & share of the cash pot next year; but Whitmarsh does not seem to mind.

Button: He is in the running for the championship and did all that was required. He lost a little to Rubens but Rubens needs more than that per race to overtake him.

F1-engineer
F1-engineer

db__ wrote:
raceman wrote:
db__ wrote:The KERS allowance resets at the start/finish line so they can use the allowance at the end of the warm up lap coming out of parabolica and than have a whole 6.6 for the quali lap itself.
[-X

This too, bonkers for me!

Let me explain pls: They use KERS after Parabolica for 6 seconds - ok! KERS resets at start/finish line - ok! As per quotes, they use it again after start/finish line for 6 seconds - ok! Then how on Earth they can again use it after Parabolica (dude, it remains the VERY same lap here)???

I am outta explanations if this still is confusing #-o :wtf:
No - they can't use it 'again' after parabolica. The original point (I think) was that they use it coming out of parabolica coming into the quali lap so the additional speed gained over the start finish line is carried into the beginning of the lap from the end of the previous lap. There still only 6.6 seconds available during the quali lap itself.

Hope this makes sense now.
KERS means also 30 kilograms of extra weight in wrong positions when overall balance is considered. You can benefit from it or not depending on track profile. If the benefits were unquestionable they had all had KERS already.

Richard
Richard

db__ wrote: they use it coming out of parabolica coming into the quali lap so the additional speed gained over the start finish line is carried into the beginning of the lap from the end of the previous lap. There still only 6.6 seconds available during the quali lap itself.
I hadn't realised that. So the first flying quali lap effecively gives 6 sec of Kers just before the line then the usual 6s during the lap itself?

axle
axle

Armchair critics...gotta love 'em.

So what if Lewis got it wrong? He tried, he didn't settle for 3rd he wanted 2nd. He's a racer and F1 is better when there are racers like him about. Genius is often flawed. You can't make an omlette without breaking some eggs. About 6months ago he was fighting for 3rd from last!

If you want safe a steady lets all just employ 20 Luca Badoer's who are obviously good at just lapping (but can't race).

Whitmarsh was disappointed, yes, but as he said - you can't have a driver like Lewis Hamilton who will push and push to the outer reaches of the envelope without expecting him to go too far at times.

Will 6 points ruin McLaren's or LH's year? No. Is there a need for a big fuss? No.
- Axle