Singapore GP 2009 - Marina Bay

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Ray

Re: Singapore GP 2009

I too dislike Alonso on some key points. He is quite ruthless, and has bent the rules on the past, and had a bad attitude before. But so has his former teammate on only one occasion I can think of, and many of past drivers in Formula 1. Hell Piquet Senior was one of the worst and he's wrapped up in all this controversy of late! But what race driver hasn't done that before? I'm mainly a fan of his driving, you cannot deny when he gets in the car he's driving the wheels off it. Kimi does this as well. Off track antics are not something I really care about, hence why I could care less what Anthony is doing. He's not a crewmember, so in my opinion, he doesn't matter and key points in the race should not be wasted focused on his perpetual scowl., or on Nicole. That's all I'm saying.
Last edited by Steven on 02 Oct 2009, 12:34, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Completely off-topic ranting removed

Giblet

I think once business is on, anyone who is not directly involved with the team should not be in the paddock. It's one thing to have your dad/gf at the track, but another to be in the pit lane, as a distraction.

Women used to be not allowed in the pit lane at all, which would be a tad extreme nowadays. When they did come, like Jim Clark's girlfriend Sally Swart, during the peak years of his career, they were in charge of running the stop watch and keeping the timing chart up to date. They actually pitched in and got involved.

Much better than some Pussy Cat Doll sitting there trying to look hot. She, her band, and her 'relationship' with Hammy seem manufactured.

Someone posted a picture of her in this Button thread we had going, and someone couldn't believe I didn't find her hot. He produced a picture of her that showed the side of her boob, and about 1/3rd of her face.

Like Newman said "That's fine if you like her, but I need a _really_ pretty face".
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

ISLAMATRON

Ray, that is not all you are saying, and therein lies the problem, if you hate seeing Lou's people in the pitlane you would rail on the TV producer, instead you choose to say demeaning things about his family based on facial expression and his girlfriend 's assumed level on F1 knowledge. You are saying things that make you look just as silly as Alonso.
Last edited by Steven on 02 Oct 2009, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Right, thanks. Anyone who continues this will get warned

andartop

Sorry to bring this thread back to its topic, but I found this:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79113

Vettel: Pitlane speed measuring wrong

#-o
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

ISLAMATRON

Last edited by Steven on 03 Oct 2009, 10:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thanks

flynfrog

andartop wrote:Sorry to bring this thread back to its topic, but I found this:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79113

Vettel: Pitlane speed measuring wrong

#-o
I dont understand why most racing organizations use the stop watch method to check speed. The cars have transponders and telemetry. Why not put a few wires on the ground or monitor the telemetry of the cars take the human error out of it.

ISLAMATRON

They do have a few wires in the ground, in this instance it seems to be about how/where he crossed those wires.

axle

ISLAMATRON wrote: Tomba, your bias against my posts is quite evident and improper, I posted an interview verbatim on which Ray made an unfounded personal attack towards me to which I responded and of course you delete the response but allow the totally false personal attack to remain. Your bias is unacceptable if you wish to maintain a fair atmosphere on these boards, but i see that is not actually your aim. If you want me to leave the boards than just man up and tell me to do so, but dont destroy the fairness of these boards and your reputation as a impartial moderator trying to get me to leave without actually saying it.
You are a guest on his forum. His rules apply. You are welcome to any view point you like but if the moderation team, who's word is final, don't like your conduct or the conduct of others they are free to do as they please.

TBH people get away with a lot on here...so try not to p155 the mods off further with poor me BS.
- Axle

ds.raikkonen

Yeah, quite right dude. I feel that this forum has become a lot more peaceful than before, it used to be a state of war due to some posts! But that is bound to happen when there are so many fans of Formula 1 and other racing disciplines on a common ground and trying to share their views on various topics & issues. I believe Tomba has done a great job as a moderator to end open hostility between people by some clever post editing and at the same time not offending anyone by banning him/her from the forum.
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

kensaundm31

GIBLET: 'Much better than some Pussy Cat Doll sitting there trying to look hot. She, her band, and her 'relationship' with Hammy seem manufactured.
'

She doesn't have to try. =P~