Brazilian GP 2009 - Interlagos, Sao Paulo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ISLAMATRON

Re: Brazilian GP 2009 - Interlagos, Sao Paulo

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V1b5E9gV6M[/youtube]

Watch the video, Kimi's fuel flap is up and his light is not on, it was the same in Canada

just noting an observation.

It's not so much that I am always right but a fact that you are always wrong (@ ray)
Last edited by ISLAMATRON on 22 Oct 2009, 00:12, edited 1 time in total.

James

That is odd, is there something in the rules that says the light has to come on?

I can't think of a reason for having it on during a pit stop

maybe there's some interesting italian wiring going on :D

ds.raikkonen

ringo wrote:I thought he was the ice man, he should have attained latent heat of fusion before he started flailing. :lol:
Dude, when it comes to the matter of life and being burnt to death with no other option, nobody is the iceman, not even Mr Freeze :lol:
Ray wrote:^

That's he's always right and that Ferrari are cheaters and Kimi is at fault for Lewis ramming him like a complete retard.
Ignore him, why does it bother you so much...why do you want to prove yourself against an anti-Ferrari brick wall? Its no use at all.Remember the ruckus he created when Kimi ran wide at La Source, along with other LH fanatics?
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

ISLAMATRON

Are you claiming Kimi didnt run wide? Amazing how the truth is so hurtful to the Ferrari bunch. And how video evidence goes so unnoticed.

jon-mullen

First of all, there's nothing in the sporting regs about having your light on in the pit lane. Apparently the teams that do it do it by choice and Ferrari doesn't want to waste the amperes. How...green of them.

Second, the rule we do have is a dumb one anyway. What tire you're on has nothing to do with whether anyone behind you can see you or not.

30.14 The car's rear light must be illuminated at all times when it is running on intermediate or wet-weather tyres. It shall be at the discretion of the race director to decide if a driver should be stopped because his rear light is not working. Should a car be stopped in this way it may re-join when the fault has been remedied.
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

andartop

The Ferrari's red light is useless anyway as the whole bloody car is red.. can't miss it! :lol:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

ringo

Switching gears a bit; what really happened between kobayashi and Nakajima?
It looked to me as if nakajima over reacted as soon as he realized he was up against a potential rival for an F1 drive. I thought Nakajima was a little aggressive crawling up on Kobayashi; Kaz could actually have been in the points and he messed up, making himself look even worse now that a rookie went on to finish the race. Any remote chances of Nakajima going to toyota for any reason faded when he crashed into Kobayashi. Yashi is the new Japanese driver in town.

Here is the video, maybe Nakajima got a little to excited knowing that he could show who's the best japanese driver. It backfired on him.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R84bOAPKeg4[/youtube]
For Sure!!

Michiba

looks like he got cockblocked by kobayashi there

Mr Alcatraz

Kobi Jacked him :shock:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

jon-mullen

One move, two moves, boom! Pretty hard impact for Nakajima.
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

axle

KK moved twice. That's not allowed, he moved right to block KN to the RHS of the track then jinked back left, blocking KN's move. This left KN without room and his front wing was ripped off but the rear wheel of the Toyota.

I do believe that LH or Kimi would have reacted faster and avoided the contact but I think that proves that Kobeyashi was a little naughty, but then we've seen Lewis defend aggressively like that too. I'm thinking Monza vs Webber.

IMO Kobeyashi was "in the wrong"...but it wasn't the worst bit of defending ever.
- Axle

Richard

jon-mullen wrote:First of all, there's nothing in the sporting regs about having your light on in the pit lane. Apparently the teams that do it do it by choice and Ferrari doesn't want to waste the amperes. How...green of them.

Second, the rule we do have is a dumb one anyway. What tire you're on has nothing to do with whether anyone behind you can see you or not.

30.14 The car's rear light must be illuminated at all times when it is running on intermediate or wet-weather tyres. It shall be at the discretion of the race director to decide if a driver should be stopped because his rear light is not working. Should a car be stopped in this way it may re-join when the fault has been remedied.
It is a pretty safe bet to say that those tyres are always used in the rain. Hence the tyre use is an easy B&W indicator of spray and low visibility and avoids subjective judgement. It also avoids the need to relay a message from the race director to the team to the driver. Its quite a neat little rule with no ambiguity.

This does have a loophole is when a driver stays out on slicks longer than normal - ie Glock Brazil 08, which brings us nearly back on topic!

ds.raikkonen

ISLAMATRON wrote:Are you claiming Kimi didnt run wide? Amazing how the truth is so hurtful to the Ferrari bunch. And how video evidence goes so unnoticed.
Cant you understand english? I was trying to say that the `ruckus' created was un-necessary. The stewards know what they are doing. They ve ignored Hamilton's errors as well. But please dont tell me to list them.
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

ringo

ds.raikkonen wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:Are you claiming Kimi didnt run wide? Amazing how the truth is so hurtful to the Ferrari bunch. And how video evidence goes so unnoticed.
Cant you understand english? I was trying to say that the `ruckus' created was un-necessary. The stewards know what they are doing. They ve ignored Hamilton's errors as well. But please dont tell me to list them.
I won't tell you to list but i will ask you; that's a very provocative post there.
Can you list them please?
I need a memory refresher and we got all week till the next race, there's nothing else to do in this thread. 8)
For Sure!!

andartop

axle wrote:I do believe that LH or Kimi would have reacted faster and avoided the contact
It's funny you mention Kimi and LH, I was under the impression they both did have contact with Webber and Rubens respectively, at the very same race, and quite similar incidents!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft