Abu Dhabi GP 2009 - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
WhiteBlue

Re: Abu Dhabi GP 2009 - Yas Marina

WhiteBlue wrote: Mark came a bit stronger in the second half of the season when his injuries were healed but his basic speed is not enough to touch Vettel. Vettel made a number of mistakes as all new drivers who are contesting a championship for the first time are doing them.
Ray wrote:I love how everyone talking about Vettel is saying he's miles ahead of Webber, and that he's proven to be much better than him. Did all of you forget that Webber had a COMPOUND fracture in his left leg coupled with shoulder injuries??
It was not forgotten.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

WhiteBlue

ISLAMATRON wrote:With the extra 20kg of ballast next year making it "more equal" for the heavier drivers(mark is a good 10 to 15kg heavier) and the added element of tire conservation that the full fuel loads will introduce I think Mark just might have a chance against Seb next year.... or maybe not.
They are both pretty good drivers and fair sports men but I don't see Mark Webber improoving by more experience and more rest from his injuries. His second half season performance should pretty much represent his potential. I would give Sebastian the benefit of doubt to improve on this season's performance by avoiding some mistakes that contributed to lost points.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

ISLAMATRON

guess we'll have to wait and see

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

More of the blondie just for Ray...

---------------------------------------------------------------

It's great to see this atmosphere between drivers. To be smiling and happy; there's nothing better in life.

And Kimi has really long hair!

Coinidentally both him and I went from short to long-ish hair this season.
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 02 Nov 2009, 06:50, edited 1 time in total.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Pup
Pup

WhiteBlue wrote:
Pup wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:Enthusiastic praise for all the Germans who took part in the race, with backhanded compliments to anyone else who happened to do well.
Just sayin'. Bit more obvious than usual, but I forgive you. *smootch*
So you are still falsifying quotes. Some never change their bad ways. A very disgusting habbit. Have some bad karma please! Like a cubic meters of pig sh°t over your head in your next life as a dung beatle. You do deserve the treat.
You're buddhist? With such language? Tsk tsk. Anyway, I thought I summed up your post pretty well, and I did close with a friendly smootchy. Still, feel free to correct any inacuracy.

WhiteBlue

I thought I made it clear a long time ago that this kind of "compliments" are as welcome as a Trojan Horse. If you want to insinuate nationalistic bias please go ahead and use authentic quotations. At least I will be able to defend my own words. I feel like someone who is put in jail for being raped, if you understand what I say. The first requirement for a fair debate is the respect for intellectual property and the the copyright. Twisting and misrepresenting the opponent's own words is dishonest. I have no respect for it whatsoever. You are intelligent enough to know that. So please don't use your talent to such abuse.

ringo

Ray wrote:It actually saddens me to see Kimi leave Ferrari because it means he might be gone for good. Shame that such a young guy with his talent may not have a place in Formula 1 next year. It won't be the same without him.
He deserves a long career like Barichello or Shumacher but i guess he doesn't want to be seen as an old war dog. Something tells me he will be at Mclaren for sure.
For Sure!!

djos

WhiteBlue wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:With the extra 20kg of ballast next year making it "more equal" for the heavier drivers(mark is a good 10 to 15kg heavier) and the added element of tire conservation that the full fuel loads will introduce I think Mark just might have a chance against Seb next year.... or maybe not.
They are both pretty good drivers and fair sports men but I don't see Mark Webber improoving by more experience and more rest from his injuries. His second half season performance should pretty much represent his potential. I would give Sebastian the benefit of doubt to improve on this season's performance by avoiding some mistakes that contributed to lost points.
Webbo still has more titainium to be removed from his right leg that he had scheduled for the end of the season and with that gone and his fitness returning to his previous best in f1 levels I think you'll see a very competitive and consistently fast webbo 2010!
"In downforce we trust"

PlatinumZealot

tk421 wrote:
n smikle wrote:0.5 seconds on Vettel fuel asjusted! I know the long straight low downforce track suits the MP4/24 but the BOSS is a beast!
It was like Vettel and Mark were slapped with a pile of bricks!
When this was first posted, I wanted to respond "Vettel is going overtake Ham-bone during the first pitstop and beat him silly" but I decided to wait until it actually happened. It's happened now, so I can only say "eat it!" Ham-hock never had a chance, and I wish he didn't have a brake problem because then he would have been properly beaten down by Vettel. A later post states that a viewer was "robbed" of viewing the alleged race battle between Vettel and Hamilton, but I know, this and that person knows, and everyone else knows that Hamilton had 0% chance of beating Vettel.
:lol: Yeah Because Hamilton was driving on only three good brakes from lap 2. You didn't put that in your predictions did you?! lol Everyone knows that's the only way that Vettel caught up... he was getting donkey lengths up until then.

Even still, gapping a RedBull by over a second with only about 80% braking power combined with an off track excursion is still impressive! Masterful Braking skills!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

jdavidx wrote:Maybe hamilton's problem has due to the general set-up of his car. Maybe its just good for qualifying and not enough for the whole race distance. It probably developed during the latter part of the first stint. Early radio conversation tells hamilton that vettel is catching a bit and he should push a little for the needed gap. You don't do that if you're sure you have a brake problem. He had similar problems before in other races. Excellent qualifying speed, but not good for race distances. Was planets away from everybody in qualifying in Canada 08 leaving everybody wondering where he got the grip in the decaying chicane, but tire or brake problems during the race started during the first stint and robert and kimi started to catch till luckily the safety car intervened. Anyway its a shame for lewis, could have been a better race. Well done Vettel.

They changed the caliper before the race so the team didn't expect it to be a brake problem. What happened in the race though, was a brake pad failure. First time this year. The driver can not control that, especially seeing it was the rear brakes which take less of a pounding. Vettel fans are lucky, It would have been a massacre if the BOSS kept up the 0.5 seconds a lap.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

On the Webber VS Vettel, the metal in Webber's leg is a weak excuse to me. Not even Webber himself thinks the leg slows him down. Webber is as fit as fiddle and as strong as on Ox. The only driver with a viable Injury related excuse is Massa. Since your skill and talent is all in your mind.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

raceman

At trophy presentation, there was a team member of some team waving a pitboard to the public with something written on it. While the Star Sports TV Director failed to focus on it in time, viewers missed what was written on it!

If anyone could post a photo of it, would be highly appreciated.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Some guy from BGP...

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

raceman

Thnx MX, appreciated your efforts!

BTW, I didn't get significance of the writing on the board..... :roll:

PlatinumZealot

I heard that guy is the BranGP chef.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏