Abu Dhabi GP 2009 - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
mx_tifoso

Re: Abu Dhabi GP 2009 - Yas Marina

You're welcome.

And the significance is that he is proposing matrimony to a woman he loves. That's pretty significant in most parts of the world.

Chef or cheif? Motorsport.com has him as a cheif named David.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

WhiteBlue

A chef as in catering. His GF used to work with him but was made redundant. So now he was able to give her some good news. Details on Saward's blog.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Richard

WhiteBlue wrote:It basically is reclaimed from the sea and the engineers could specify the earth mechanical side to their heart's content.
Artificial land reclamation will always have relatively high settlements compared to reasonably good natural land. I'd expect much tighter tolerances or smaller movements at Bahrain, that circuit appears to be carved out of rock. I guess the Yas circuit will have been preloaded, had dynamic compaction, and also lots of ground engineering products.

As for surfacing, I guess it could be smoother because rain is not an issue. If it did rain then it would be like a skid pan. They will have used a finer grade of aggregate, with a good size distribution to get aggregate interlock.

BreezyRacer

n smikle wrote:I feel robbed of the exciting race between Vettel and Lewis; at the second or third Lap I knew something was definitely wrong the car because of the inconsistent lap times. Lewis was driving on three brakes. But yeah.. that how it goes. I am still happy that Kovi kept Kimi at Bay so Mclaren can stay third in the WCC.

I really enjoyed this track..I think it's great. Looks good and drives good.. Even Ross Brawn said the track was "perfect" in what respect I am not sure though, but that means something.
Uh, there was a race .. Lewis lost!

jdavidx

n smikle wrote:
jdavidx wrote:Maybe hamilton's problem has due to the general set-up of his car. Maybe its just good for qualifying and not enough for the whole race distance. It probably developed during the latter part of the first stint. Early radio conversation tells hamilton that vettel is catching a bit and he should push a little for the needed gap. You don't do that if you're sure you have a brake problem. He had similar problems before in other races. Excellent qualifying speed, but not good for race distances. Was planets away from everybody in qualifying in Canada 08 leaving everybody wondering where he got the grip in the decaying chicane, but tire or brake problems during the race started during the first stint and robert and kimi started to catch till luckily the safety car intervened. Anyway its a shame for lewis, could have been a better race. Well done Vettel.

They changed the caliper before the race so the team didn't expect it to be a brake problem. What happened in the race though, was a brake pad failure. First time this year. The driver can not control that, especially seeing it was the rear brakes which take less of a pounding. Vettel fans are lucky, It would have been a massacre if the BOSS kept up the 0.5 seconds a lap.

I'm not sure, but can they change that before the race? I mean after qualifying?

vasia

Great job by Vettel, good for Webber holding off Button.

Hamilton's brake problems I was not surprised about. To be honest, I expected Hamilton to have more problems with brakes (and tires) this year than he actually did. Hamilton is quite hard on both brakes and tires.

Driver of the race was definitely Kobayashi thought. He was clearly faster than Trulli, and if he had passed Button a bit faster and did not have the initial bit of slow pace when he was on his 2nd stint, he would have finished 3rd or 4th. Nonetheless, great drive and definitely proves he is rookie of the year.

Also looks like I was right, that Spa and Monza were total exceptions for Force India in terms of car performance. FI struggled at the back of the grid here in Abu Dhabi.

nipo

Is Kobayashi for real?

His move to overtake Button was impressive. Make no mistakes, his car was lighter on fuel at that point and Button just came out heavy so his car had more pace. But to be a rookie on your second race, and pull off a move like that on our freshly crowned champion, his race craft is definitely not bad.

I was already impressed by the way he fought in Brazil. He became more consistent this race. Will we see him on the grid next year?

ISLAMATRON

Kobay did not pass Button, Button merely outbraked himself.

But he did make Button look silly

Fil

more of this in F1! =D>

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4xr6wg_ ... r_embedded[/youtube]
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

ESPImperium

Fil wrote:more of this in F1! =D>

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4xr6wg_ ... r_embedded[/youtube]
More of this should be mandatory. F the rules, the first 3 should be made to pull off more doughnuts, andd for all home GP drivers.

But on a more cynical way, was this Webber cleaning his tyres off so there was no graining evedence on them.

ISLAMATRON

New rule, every driver must complete 3 doughnuts during the course of the race or risk being excluded.

8 ENGINE RULE AND 4 RACE GEARBOX RULE STILL APpLIES :wink:

ESPImperium

ISLAMATRON wrote:New rule, every driver must complete 3 doughnuts during the course of the race or risk being excluded.

Every track must have a special doughnut zone where they must stop and rotate the car at least 3 times per doughnut. Theese must be done duting the race.

Now that would be a gimmick.

ISLAMATRON

Sponsored by Dunkin Doughnuts

or maybe Krispy Kreme

ringo

ESPImperium wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:New rule, every driver must complete 3 doughnuts during the course of the race or risk being excluded.

Every track must have a special doughnut zone where they must stop and rotate the car at least 3 times per doughnut. Theese must be done duting the race.

Now that would be a gimmick.
Drive through penalties will be replace with 25s of donuts. A steward must stand at the center of the donuts to ensure they are done about a stationary axis.
For Sure!!

timbo

ringo wrote:Drive through penalties will be replace with 25s of donuts. A steward must stand at the center of the donuts to ensure they are done about a stationary axis.
No, you can choose between drive thru and 10 donuts! Speed donuting, yeah baby :lol: :D :D