Abu Dhabi GP 2009 - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ISLAMATRON

Re: Abu Dhabi GP 2009 - Yas Marina

Not nearly the same amount(or type) of light will be available in Abu Dhabi as in Singapore.

Giblet

The blue paint.

Used at Paul Ricard, owned by Bernie if I remember correctly, or his company, or former company, not sure.

Either way, I wonder if it has to be blue, or if that is just for branding. Assuming it is a branding thing, amazing how much they are using at this money pit of a track.

Probably costs a lot of money per square unit applied, and makes someone very rich.

Aside from that fanboy thread worthy tidbit, I question it's use on the straight in the image. If it is that grippy, could it not cause a problem if someone ended up braking with one side or wheel of the car on it, snapping into a spin?

The things that a car can suddenly do when forced to brake on an unfriendly rumble strip can be hairy or straight up smashy.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

raceman

=D>

what an impressive circuit

gr8 pics ESP, thnx

zgred

Kubica lost engine during FP2, TV broadcast claimed that it was engine that made 2200km till its end.

ben_watkins

zgred wrote:Kubica lost engine during FP2, TV broadcast claimed that it was engine that made 2200km till its end.
Yep, seriously impressive.. Such a shame they are disbanding the whole engine division at BMW :(
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

GTO

Incredible circuit facilities including the Marina, Yas Marina Hotel, Sun Tower and Yacht Club and track c/w permanent, covered grandstands! Only in the Middle East...the money capital of the world. There are also some fantastic circuit pics on their website.
http://www.yasmarinacircuit.com/en/phot ... rcuit.html

Does anyone know the cost of this facilty?

vasia

Mclaren and Red Bull seem to be fast as usual. Great job by Kobayashi being faster than Trulli in practice, although we don't know what fuel weights were run. Also good job by Buemi.

I don't think Kimi can pull out a strong finish here like he did in Suzuka or Interlagos. I think Ferrari will really suffer at this track.

Should be an exciting race and qualifying. I expect a few more blown engines this race weekend.

Ray

Looks like I was right about the lights system. They went and got advice and help from Musco lighting here in the US. Geez. Who would have thought that was a smart idea? :roll:

mx_tifoso

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

ISLAMATRON

looks barely wide enough for some side by side action, hopefully we'll get to see some.

Ray

I'm not a huge fan of that pit out tunnel, but I'd sure hate to be the poor bastard that had to stand there with a fire bottle the whole race. :lol: He can't see anything!

Ray

ISLAMATRON wrote:Image

Not nearly the same amount(or type) of light will be available in Abu Dhabi as in Singapore.
Based on what? The number of light poles?

Giblet

Any pics of Ferrari-Disney or is it done yet?
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

ISLAMATRON

Ray wrote:I'm not a huge fan of that pit out tunnel, but I'd sure hate to be the poor bastard that had to stand there with a fire bottle the whole race. :lol: He can't see anything!
How much different is it than the Monaco tunnel really?
Ray wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:Not nearly the same amount(or type) of light will be available in Abu Dhabi as in Singapore.
Based on what? The number of light poles?
Based on the overheard shots at nite from both tracks... At Singapore the street actually looked white it was so highly lit, whereas at abu dhabi you could tell the road was black.

ringo

vasia wrote:Mclaren and Red Bull seem to be fast as usual. Great job by Kobayashi being faster than Trulli in practice, although we don't know what fuel weights were run. Also good job by Buemi.

I don't think Kimi can pull out a strong finish here like he did in Suzuka or Interlagos. I think Ferrari will really suffer at this track.

Should be an exciting race and qualifying. I expect a few more blown engines this race weekend.
The newey design is shining through on the str since the last 3 races. It seems to be pretty quick here. Where as ferrari are 2 seconds of the pace. Kimi might have to depend on a one stopper, maybe the ferrari strategy and race pace may put him in the points.

I expect Webber, Vettel or Hamilton to be on pole. BMW will be in Q3.
Button will be overqualified by rubens again, even though he is looking pretty good so far.
For Sure!!