Malaysian GP 2010 - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
triart3d

Re: Malaysian GP 2010 - Sepang

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/04/04/m ... test-laps/
Interesting..

If you select button, Hamilton, Weber, Massa, Alonso an Sutil ONLY..
You can see:
1, Mc's go as fast with hard's as RedBull with soft's WHEN THEY RUN FREE OF TRAFIC

2, Massa Alonso and Hamilton run 2 sec's faster than RedBull on Softs..

Button run on Red bulls times from 9 to 24. Button with hard's, Vetel with soft's
Ham and massa only make good times 1 lap.
Alonso do 4 laps, until find button

and with webber & hamilton

so..
Are the Maclaren's as fast as RedBull in malasia?
Yes, i think.
And with more top speed too.
Ferraris had a hadicap at race start with fuel loads..
but last 20 laps are faster than all..

roost89

unfortunately not. At least I think so. The graph, is useful! But I think you're reading the wrong lines. The linear ones are useful but are off the mark. Are they showing average lap time loss over the race?

But yes, although the McLaren, according to this, is theoretically faster over the race. The Mclarens results, are more varied (it seems) than the Red Bull. Due to the traffic obviously, so their true pace is masked by that. Having to slow down and then speed up won't show their average pace as well as having no traffic.

As for the tyre comment. Sure the tyres may make a difference, but some drivers prefer different compounds so will drive at different speeds depending on said compound. More so than the performance of the tyre, you hear Rosberg talking about how he dislikes one compound over another in most race weekends.

But yes, tactics also come in to play. Why go flat-out through a race when your engine has to last 4? Especially since your main rivals have little chance of catching, or annoying, you toward the end of the race.

Not sure if that all makes-sense. I'm not sure how you're reading it, what lines you're using etc.
A graph with greater clarity would be good, i.e. Same colours for each driver. Different graph for the average (tendency) and the actual would be useful too.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

dren

Re: Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes MP4/25

The RB cars were managing the race, and only racing each other. The other teams have a while to catch up.
Honda!

raymondu999

The Red Bull's were holding back, controlling and managing the race. The McLarens were pushing hard to make places. Not a fair comparison at all.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

djos

raymondu999 wrote:The Red Bull's were holding back, controlling and managing the race. The McLarens were pushing hard to make places. Not a fair comparison at all.
Exactly, RedBull were following Sir Jacks advice: Win at the slowest possible speed!

Btw, Webbo grabbed the fastest lap of the race on lap 53 just to show the others what they where really capable of.
"In downforce we trust"

raymondu999

djos wrote:Btw, Webbo grabbed the fastest lap of the race on lap 53 just to show the others what they where really capable of.
Here's me secretly hoping that he did that with engine revs turned down :twisted:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

djos

raymondu999 wrote:
djos wrote:Btw, Webbo grabbed the fastest lap of the race on lap 53 just to show the others what they where really capable of.
Here's me secretly hoping that he did that with engine revs turned down :twisted:
Apparently they went into conservation mode early in the 2nd stint.
"In downforce we trust"

raymondu999

Yes, but Webbo could've sneaked in full revs and snuck a fastest lap near the end.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

rubbergoat

Hey guys,

Normally I post links as soon as I write them after each session, but I was on holiday over Easter and so I have only just got around to writing my usual blog posts for an F1 weekend.

I thought I'd write them anyway because I'll need the numbers later when I do summaries or other analyses at the end of the year. So if you want to still look at them (maybe as a recap?) them please click on the following links:

Qualifying: http://f1numbers.wordpress.com/2010/04/ ... -analysis/

Fantasy Racers Analysis: http://f1numbers.wordpress.com/2010/04/ ... 10-sepang/

Driver Consistency: http://f1numbers.wordpress.com/2010/04/ ... -malaysia/

Here are the graphs from my Qualifying post:

...And here are the graphs from my Driver Consistency post:

I hope that you still enjoy the posts even though they are a week late and that they are still useful in some way.

Cheers,

//RubberGoat
http://f1numbers.wordpress.com/

Mr Alcatraz

Bulk telling it like it is!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/12042010/ ... massa.html

He doesn't really address their engine "situation", but even this tifosi has to accept the reality that Ferrari has a serious situation on their hands.
On the up side I don’t have to worry about getting up at some ungodly hour and watching FP1 and FP2 as they will have engines that are practically worthless with revs turned way down and even on low fuel doing tire evaluation. Even Sat IMO will be very conservative, perhaps only running until they are comfortable with their race setup. I expect them to run a quali simulation or two. After last week’s mistakes I see them using q1 as a test of the limits, and only run as much as is needed to advance for sure into Q2, and until the drivers are comfortable that they have found their limit. If I understand the situation correctly Massa is in better shape than Fred. It will be interesting to see how Fred reacts to having a fight with his team mate for the most points of the season. I am willing to bet that he will not (as badly as some of his detractors wish, and as irrational as the press twist his words), have a meltdown like he had at McL' If anyone can figure out how to turn this into a tangible sig bet,
I will accept the proposition. 8)
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

dave34m

Tazio wrote:Bulk telling it like it is!

He doesn't really address their engine "situation", but even this tifosi has to accept the reality that Ferrari has a serious situation on their hands.
On the up side I don’t have to worry about getting up at some ungodly hour and watching FP1 and FP2 as they will have engines that are practically worthless with revs turned way down and even on low fuel doing tire evaluation. Even Sat IMO will be very conservative, perhaps only running until they are comfortable with their race setup. I expect them to run a quali simulation or two. After last week’s mistakes I see them using q1 as a test of the limits, and only run as much as is needed to advance for sure into Q2, and until the drivers are comfortable that they have found their limit. If I understand the situation correctly Massa is in better shape than Fred. It will be interesting to see how Fred reacts to having a fight with his team mate for the most points of the season. I am willing to bet that he will not (as badly as some of his detractors wish, and as irrational as the press twist his words), have a meltdown like he had at McL' If anyone can figure out how to turn this into a tangible sig bet,
Yes I agree, he can not afford another meltdown like with McLaren. Then he was upset about the new guy and Massa is definetly not a new guy. On this occasion Alonso is new with the team so maybe he will just have to outdrive him. Will be interesting to see the outcome.

Mr Alcatraz

dave34m wrote:
Tazio wrote:Bulk telling it like it is!

Yes I agree, he can not afford another meltdown like with McLaren. Then he was upset about the new guy and Massa is definetly not a new guy. On this occasion Alonso is new with the team so maybe he will just have to outdrive him. Will be interesting to see the outcome.
Spot on Dave!
I think knowing Fred's history Ferrari may have let him know in no uncertain terms that that behavior will simply not be tolerated at the Scuderia. Bulk outscored Kimi in 2009, and Kimi dutifully did what he could to help Massa win the WDC (which he came one turn short of winning) None of Fred’s actions this season have indicated he wouldn't do the same. Plus Bulk isn't "The Boss" in his first season. In fact all outward appearances suggest he is emotional, yet humble, a real team player. Ferrari may not be in a position to fight for the WDC. If that is the case I think they will have a clean fair fight and try to maximize points toward the WCC
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand