British GP 2010 - Silverstone

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

Re: British GP 2010 - Silverstone

I think, especially on this type of circuit, Red Bull will have the edge on pole still and not McLaren... But then again what do we know? Hey we're just humans!! :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

madly
madly

McL will introduce massive upgrade with first iteration of EBD. But rememberer that there are three other teams which introduced EBD in Valencia (Ferrari, Renault and Mercedes) and they will surely will have performance tunings for their systems. So their systems COULD have better results than introduced McL. As Newey said it's quiet complex system and it's not so easy to explore full potential of it. Ferrari is not so far after McL, next seems to be Renault not so far too. It seems that it will be very interesting race.

godlameroso

Me thinks Williams made a huge leap forward and expect to see both drivers in the top 10
Saishū kōnā

andartop
andartop

Call me what you will but I really really hate new layouts on good old historical tracks. Hopefully it won't be anywhere near as bad as the new Hockenheimring and grandpa Schumi won't get too confused and cut left through the barriers at Abbey! :lol:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

Richard
Richard

ISLAMATRON wrote:I think groovy Lou uses the home field advantage and takes an unexpected win from pole.
This track is the home field for a lot of the teams. I think RB or Merc are closest, Lotus furthest?

marcush.
marcush.

you don´t forget Force INDIA who are situated at the entrance to Silverstone circuit.. :mrgreen: thats a home race...in your garden basically..

forty-two

richard_leeds wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:I think groovy Lou uses the home field advantage and takes an unexpected win from pole.
This track is the home field for a lot of the teams. I think RB or Merc are closest, Lotus furthest?
Lotus might be furthest of the teams based in the UK, but surely Ferrari would be further away, or do they have premises in the UK too?
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

Richard
Richard

forty-two wrote:Lotus might be furthest of the teams based in the UK, but surely Ferrari would be further away, or do they have premises in the UK too?
I was referring to the "home" teams.

On that basis, home advantage would give a strong showing from FI, Merc, RB. McL and Lotus may be travel weary.

madly
madly

Add Renault located at Enstone 40 minutes from Silverstone :D

ISLAMATRON

richard_leeds wrote:
Point taken but McL is the only team with british drivers, I remember Mansell having better than usual performances there and was it DC claiming it was worth at least a tenth a lap?

Just hope to see a good race and I think the new layout looks terrific.

Richard
Richard

ISLAMATRON wrote:Point taken but McL is the only team with british drivers, I remember Mansell having better than usual performances there and was it DC claiming it was worth at least a tenth a lap?
That will probably be a motivating factor for the unique factor of a team/factory/ drivers all flying the same flag. When did that last happen?

Overall, I imagine the pit lane will have a cheery feel in FP1 because so many of the people there will have had time at home with family, with familiar food, drink and climate.

Scratch that comment about climate, we're in a heatwave!

strad

If the Bulls can qualify on pole we can go mow the lawn cause short of a big accident, they will walk away with this one.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

tommylommykins
tommylommykins

Where are Force India located? Are they not where Jordan Used to be? I thought that was basically right on top of Silverstone...

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Are Williams not close to Silverstone?

thestig84
thestig84

tommylommykins wrote:Where are Force India located? Are they not where Jordan Used to be? I thought that was basically right on top of Silverstone...
Yep. Probably not even a 5 minute walk!