British GP 2010 - Silverstone

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
komninosm

Re: British GP 2010 - Silverstone

X wrote: Alonso got a fair penalty - deal with it and move on.
Fixed =D>

WhiteBlue

http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsport ... 23634.html
Red Bull senior engineer wrote:Throughout the period when he used the new wing, he complained that it did not work any better than the old one. Mark simply did not get a good feeling with it, but when there was only one left, Mark absolutely wanted to have it. He did not care about it at all when we still had two new wings. Vettel immediately liked the new wing when he ran it in practice. We believe that the team management's decision was well-reasoned and logical.
Another hint that Webber staged it all.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

komninosm wrote:I'm done talking to you, you're just spouting antagonistic baseless flame-bait.
First off, what in the name of all that is holy is "antagonistic baseless flame-bait"?

Secondly, thank you for the first part of the sentance.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

So Webber knew Vettel would lose his front wing.
He also knew Red Bull would take his own to replace Vettels.

He then stage managed a whole PR excercise, that would damage the team, just so that he can get equal status?

[-X

He was correcting a wrong my friend.
More could have been done.
David Purley

andrew

What it shows is that Webber did not like the front wing at all and has made a load of fuss for nothing.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

andrew wrote: made a load of fuss for nothing.
Webber made a point.

Andrew, why is it you feel he made the fuss over nothing?
Had this happened to Schumacher, do you think he would lay idly by? NO
So why should Webber pander to it?

The guy is showing he can live with the "wunderkind" and actually beat him. For that, and his never say die attitude and even his outspoken nature, I commend him.

Red Bull have screwed themselves in the foot now. Because should this situation arise in Germany and any other race where Webbo is ahead of seb in the WDC, they will have to back the aussie.
Last edited by JohnsonsEvilTwin on 20 Jul 2010, 14:50, edited 1 time in total.
David Purley

raymondu999

*if* this was true, that would be basically, "hey, I don't like candy. But he likes candy. But he can't have it cos it's mine"
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

andrew

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:
andrew wrote:What it shows is that Webber did not like the front wing at all and has made a load of fuss for nothing.
So if the wing made no difference and Webber didn't like it, why on earth is he mouthing off? Seems a bit pointless unless he is trying to start a bit of in-fighting.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

andrew wrote:made a load of fuss for nothing.

Really?

Would Schumacher Hamilton et al have reacted differently?

Nope.

So fair play to him. RB management cannot accept he is putting the wind up Vettel, the "uber wunderkind".
Shot themselves in the foot saying they would back the leading driver. as that is no Webbo......
David Purley

andrew

I think they would have been silenced by their respective teams PR and certainly Schumacher would probably have thhe experience and maturity to be a bit more subtle. As I said on another thread, I think Red Bulls problem is that they don't have a clear number 1 and number 2 driver. At the moment the drivers are working independantly, not together as they should if they want to win both championships.

The fact remains that if the quote above is true and accurate then Webber was just making noise over nothing really.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

No andrew,

His wing was taken from him. How is that "noise over nothing"?

Schumacher would hit the roof! Webber isnt a shrinking violet, he says what needs to be said and did so.
Vettel has wisely kept his mouth shut, as he basically threw away the advantage that was given to him.
David Purley

andrew

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:His wing was taken from him. How is that "noise over nothing"?
The wing made virtually no difference to his lap times and it has since come out that Webber did not like the feel of it. So he was better off with the original wing.
JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Schumacher would hit the roof! Webber isnt a shrinking violet, he says what needs to be said and did so.
You know this for a fact do you? I think that Schumacher is a great deal more mature than Webber. In fact the only time I have seen him loose it or have any display of anger was when he went after Coulthard at Spa.

Webber certainly says a lot but it is not always the wisest stuff to say.
JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Vettel has wisely kept his mouth shut, as he basically threw away the advantage that was given to him.
Maybe Vettel just knows how to compose himself in the public domain.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

The front wing was worth a tenth maybe more. Over 50 laps thats 5 seconds, maybe more.
The difference between winning and losing. So yea...it matters.

And yes, Schumacher had gold plated contracts that insisted on no1 treatment.
So he would have been apoplectic with anger at the thought of a teammate getting superior equipment without shadow of a doubt.

Maybe not at 41, but certainly at Ferrari.

And Vettel has nothing to add. He was the favoured driver! Is he going to moan about that? Of course not......that I have to outline the situation is perplexing.
David Purley

Giblet

Even though I never used this forum to it's full potential, I still get angry to see it slowly taken away from me with pointless and non stop bickering between a small percentage of users.

This goes the the same for Webber. Just because the wing doesn't make a big deal, it's still HIS wing, and quicker or not, he was used to it, and it was taken away during qualifying, when they are on the limit and the smallest change could upset the balance you need to have.

People take too much at heart what drivers say in the heat of the moment. Vettel making twirly crazy person symbols after going off track is just as bad, so he has no more composure.

Schumacher is one of the rare drivers who is just an ahole on track, and keeps it out of the media afterwards (rascasse, 94, 97, etc). No need to debate these, there is lots already going on, so pleae don't.

Red Bull has now said they have cleared the air, Marko has said good things about Webber.

They have moved on at Red Bull, can we?
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Only if I can have some that tasty looking cake giblet!
And Im glad we agree.
David Purley