Hungarian GP 2010 - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Re: Hungarian GP 2010 - Hungaroring

http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Berg ... -past.html

Barrichello should read Berger's words. The man is spot on in his comment regarding the Schumacher v Barrichello thing.

PNSD
PNSD

And Rubens will know that.

However things have changed since then.

Its like the argument of team orders in the past. Yes it happened, but now its illegal. What does it matter what happened years ago?

Likewise, with this situation. Such a move hasnt been seen for years, the drivers have a great deal of respect for each other today. Before that really wasnt the case, some liked each other, others didnt. They themselves follow a conduct of saftey and respect. Schumacher was outright dangerous according to that...

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

The point is, F1 has become far too sanitised and has lost a lot of the spectacle it once was which is a huge loss for those of us who were not privileged enough to see real racing.

siskue2005

PNSD wrote:And Rubens will know that.

However things have changed since then.

Its like the argument of team orders in the past. Yes it happened, but now its illegal. What does it matter what happened years ago?

Likewise, with this situation. Such a move hasnt been seen for years, the drivers have a great deal of respect for each other today. Before that really wasnt the case, some liked each other, others didnt. They themselves follow a conduct of saftey and respect. Schumacher was outright dangerous according to that...
You mean its now changed to "Formula(for pussies)One" now ??
I dont think so.its actually coz there are far more cry babies and whinners in F1 now
for example Alonso, Rubens, Weber, Massa
Thats why its turned tthis way..... i dont see Senna, Mansell, Prost , Schumy back then crying and whinning for small small things

We need more of Kimis, Schumys and Sennas in F1 please .

Imagine if it was Alonso, Rubens in place of Kimi in Canada 08
The whole hell would have broken loose :shock:

strad

Stirling Moss said:
I certainly had an appreciation of the danger which to me was part of the pleasure of racing. To me now racing is - the dangers are taken away: if it's difficult, they put in a chicane. So really now the danger is minimal - which is good, because people aren't hurt. But for me the fact that I had danger on my shoulder made it much more exciting. It's rather like if you flirt with a girl, it's more exciting than paying for a prostitute, because while you know you're gonna get it, the other one you don't. And I think with driving a motor car, the danger is a very necessary ingredient. Like if you're cooking, you need salt. You can cook without salt, but it doesn't have the flavour. It's the same with motor racing without danger. For me."
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

PNSD
PNSD

Siskue2005 - your avatar is a picture of Schumacher, of course you'd disagree with what I said.

Andrew - Let me it this way, has the racing be compramised?

The racing we've seen in 2007, 2008, 2009 and so far in 2010 has been amazing, and some of the best since the early 90's.

xpensive
xpensive

strad wrote:Stirling Moss said:
I certainly had an appreciation of the danger which to me was part of the pleasure of racing. To me now racing is - the dangers are taken away: if it's difficult, they put in a chicane. So really now the danger is minimal - which is good, because people aren't hurt. But for me the fact that I had danger on my shoulder made it much more exciting. It's rather like if you flirt with a girl, it's more exciting than paying for a prostitute, because while you know you're gonna get it, the other one you don't. And I think with driving a motor car, the danger is a very necessary ingredient. Like if you're cooking, you need salt. You can cook without salt, but it doesn't have the flavour. It's the same with motor racing without danger. For me."
Truer words never spoken.

As Mario Andretti xpressed it in the Lotus motorhome efter Ronnie's terrible crash at the 1978 Italian GP;

"Sadly, this is also a part of motor-racing"
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

marcush.
marcush.

come on ...flirting with a girl or paying a prostitute.. what is that old man about? we´re talking dangers in motorsport and the thrill and satisfaction you get out of it .
If you would compare free climbing to traditional rope securing ,I´d understand and it really comes close to what we see in motorsports in terms of risk ,taking chances ,etc.
but that comparison is typical macho nonsense andd he should have kept his mouth shut ,but it seems the old gunners need to have a say for whatever reason...so be it

siskue2005

PNSD wrote:Siskue2005 - your avatar is a picture of Schumacher, of course you'd disagree with what I said.
So you think i am biased?? :roll: based on my avatar? #-o
Nice way to not answer my questions! :wink:

siskue2005

marcush. wrote:come on ...flirting with a girl or paying a prostitute.. what is that old man about? we´re talking dangers in motorsport and the thrill and satisfaction you get out of it .
If you would compare free climbing to traditional rope securing ,I´d understand and it really comes close to what we see in motorsports in terms of risk ,taking chances ,etc.
but that comparison is typical macho nonsense andd he should have kept his mouth shut ,but it seems the old gunners need to have a say for whatever reason...so be it
lol yeah, armchair F1 experts are right and real old F1 drivers/experts are wrong :lol:

PNSD
PNSD

siskue2005 wrote:
PNSD wrote:Siskue2005 - your avatar is a picture of Schumacher, of course you'd disagree with what I said.
Fair point.

But your question was, "You mean its now changed to "Formula(for pussies)One" now?"

Is that worthy of an answer.

As I said, its not a case of whether it was deeemed dangerous or good to watch back in the day, its how it is viewed upon in todays F1.

It was deemed safe enough to race without helments in the 50's. Without sufficient driver protection. Shall we go back to that?

Things move on, and defending to the standard that Schumacher showed in Hungary has been long gone. Even back then, drivers thought it was dangerous. How many times did Prost complain about it.

Danger is part of the game, but when your battling for 10th, the final point posistion, you dont want to make an overtake move thinking, 'I can either come out of this with a car intact, or a car in the wall'.

Was Schumachers move acceptable? No. Should he have recieved his penalty, yes.

Do you disagree with those points?

aral
aral

PNSD wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:
Fair point.

But your question was, "You mean its now changed to "Formula(for pussies)One" now?"

Is that worthy of an answer.

As I said, its not a case of whether it was deeemed dangerous or good to watch back in the day, its how it is viewed upon in todays F1.

It was deemed safe enough to race without helments in the 50's. Without sufficient driver protection. Shall we go back to that?

Things move on, and defending to the standard that Schumacher showed in Hungary has been long gone. Even back then, drivers thought it was dangerous. How many times did Prost complain about it.

Danger is part of the game, but when your battling for 10th, the final point posistion, you dont want to make an overtake move thinking, 'I can either come out of this with a car intact, or a car in the wall'.

Was Schumachers move acceptable? No. Should he have recieved his penalty, yes.

Do you disagree with those points?
PNSO. you are quite right. In bygone years, racing was far more dangerous, and there had always been calls to make it safer. This is still an ongoing concern.
The old Auto Unions (as per White Blues avatat) had nearly as much bhp as at present, yet these were able to race on the Norcschleif, ON SKINNY TYRES)
There have been continual efforts to make racing safer, and JYS was one of the main names behind the quest for safety. This was long before Prost.
Nobody wants to see anyone killed, yet looking at some posts, there are some who seem to watch F1 in the hope that an accident will occur.
I agree that Schumis move was unacceptable, but I feel that he deserved a harsher penalty, possibly a two or three race suspension. He hasn't made himself the easiest person to pass this year, and to defend a position is OK, but to deliberately to push a faster car into the wall was just plain stupid

ringo

The funny thing is, all those who want to see more danger will be the first ones to shout when some freak accident happens on track and a driver or spectator dies or loses a body part or function.
A little danger is good, but danger is random and haphazard, you can't control or know how much danger you're gonna get when it reaches you.
For Sure!!

747heavy

some interesting facts from Brembo in regards to the brakes:
Enjoy:
http://v4.sportnetwork.net/williamsf1/2 ... ungary.pdf
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

seenathkumar
seenathkumar

747heavy wrote:some interesting facts from Brembo in regards to the brakes:
Enjoy:
http://v4.sportnetwork.net/williamsf1/2 ... ungary.pdf
The circuit data and analysis is really interesting. yes the circuit was more of twists and turns than original.