Belgian GP 2010 - Spa Francorchamps

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
marcush.
marcush.

Re: Belgian GP 2010 - Circuit de Spa Francorchamps

afak the incident was not even looked at because the discussions surounding the schumacher move kept the stewarts busy and so the timeslot to decide on barrichello was closed already?

auto saibot

just confirm if anyone has noticed massa starting the race 1 meter ahead...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfyHfXhY ... r_embedded

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

Alonsos first lap including the crash:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPT_9zacOOg

Ray

myurr wrote: I'm going to defend Barrichello in Monaco. The most important thing to remember was that he was sat in the car facing the wrong way just after a blind turn.
Did Alonso 'drop' his steering wheel, and have it 'accidentally bounce' into the racing line when he hit the wall and spun back on track into potentially oncoming traffic in this race? No. No excuse for the ... tantrum Rubens threw. It wasn't an accident. It was a very stupid move, it was a toss, and he was being pissy. There is zero excuse for what he did. Not to mention the steering wheel was hit by another driver and luckily dragged around the track instead of flying through the air and hitting a marshal or spectator. There is no excuse for what he did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWVJafXCmMM

He tossed the wheel out of the car, there was no 'dropping by the side of the car'. Why didn't he 'drop' his headrest beside the car as well?
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 02 Sep 2010, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed foul language

Richard
Richard

Ray wrote: Why didn't he 'drop' his headrest beside the car as well?
He did. Both were dropped onto the nose and then fell/bounced onto the same spot of tarmac. Look at the video posted by marcush.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq9ohCVv ... r_embedded#

I'm not condoning or condemning it. Isn't this rather off topic?

toshinden
toshinden

auto saibot wrote:just confirm if anyone has noticed massa starting the race 1 meter ahead...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfyHfXhY ... r_embedded
i'm not sure about that but FIA has :D

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86327
"the day the child realize that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult" - Alden Nowlan

auto saibot

lucky massa, :( ,he was significantly ahead of the starting line

toshinden
toshinden

not lucky i presume, FIA is checking it out. Unlike webber who goes unnotice :D
"the day the child realize that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult" - Alden Nowlan

raymondu999

Webber did it in Bahrain if memory serves. But I read somewhere that Massa is getting off with it.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

raymondu999

Massa gets off with his advantaged start: http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns22561.html
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

twoshots
twoshots

Funny how Brundle picked it up on the BBC commentary but nobody else did :/

Phail

Is it just me or has Vettel has developed a habit of crashing at impromptu moments?

aral
aral

Phail wrote:Is it just me or has Vettel has developed a habit of crashing at impromptu moments?
I think that it is just you!

myurr
myurr

WhiteBlue wrote:mx_tifosi mentioned some strange inconsistencies in the penalties given out by stewards advised by Hill and Mansell when it comes to transgressions of German drivers compared to other nationalities like Brazil. The connection is obvious and has nothing to do with racism. We have only commented facts.
You're dealing with selective 'fact' though. That's not a definitive list of all penalties and transgressions, it has been selected as those you remember that support your case.

No mention of Vettel hitting Webber in Turkey and getting away with it for example. Or of Schumacher hitting Massa in Canada and getting away with it. Or of Vettel pushing Hamilton off track in that same China incident in the pit lane and getting away with it. Or Vettel hitting Sutil in Silverstone to gain a place and getting away with it. Etc.

In the Barrichello / Alonso incident you also have to take into account that Alonso was able to continue, Barrichello was not. Rubens was also not the only driver to run wide at that corner and was on the harder tyre which made it much more difficult for him to slow down.

Vettel was the only person to bin it into a competitors car through a stupid and late swerve after choosing to go down the wrong side in a botched overtake attempt, taking out the competitor whilst being able to continue running. It is also not his first incident this year by a long shot.

The only one where I think the FIA got it really wrong was Schumachers penalty in Monaco - the sanction did not fit the crime when taking into account the procedural mistakes by the FIA that contributed to the confusion. But even there it was a panel of 4 stewards who came to that decision, not just Hill in isolation.

univex
univex

WB you need to be careful in what you refer to as fact. The earth is round, that is a fact. Mansell and Hill are punishing German drivers, no matter how biased they may be it is always going to be an opinion. Not a fact.

Granted English may not be your first language and it can be dificult to pick up the odd nuance, however it is important to understand the difference so that you don't inadvertantly P*#! off the other contributors.

WB we are all biased one way or the other. Being Australian I am more often than not going to side with MW in a large part because I am familiar with the culture and personality type that MW is from. So too this would make you biased toward SV and you may have a better understanding of him than most. You sometimes need to accept that you are biased just like all the rest of us. This helps me to not get so up tight when I see comments I don't like.

On a positive note, I enjoy your contributions immensely. You certainly put a lot of effort into this forum, I hope you put as much time into your education/work :) .