Italian GP 2010 - Monza

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
komninosm
komninosm

Re: Italian GP 2010 - Monza

andrew wrote:But if it was Hamilton, he would have been driving at the speed of light and would have finished in half the time!! :lol: #-o
[-X

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

komninosm wrote:
andrew wrote:But if it was Hamilton, he would have been driving at the speed of light and would have finished in half the time!! :lol: #-o
[-X
What's that meant to mean? You got something on your finger and you're trying to get rid of it by waving your finger about? :lol:

ringo

You catch on quickly. I agree! :mrgreen:
One thing though; he would overtake jenson, then hitch up to Jenson's car, tell jenson to shut off his engine so the car is a dead weight (don't want to finish too fast!).
rapid first stint, 8 wheel pitstop, lap shumacher 10 times... then he'll finish in half the time! :lol:
For Sure!!

siskue2005

komninosm wrote:
tok-tokkie wrote:Image

Webber had been pushing Hulkenberg for many laps. Here Hulkenberg fails to stay on the track - he is now outside the track. I think he should be compelled to yield the place as he had left the track. He had succumbed to the pressure applied by the chasing driver & should yield the place.
I agree, so why no penalty to Hulk guys?
i dont agree here
as Weber was never close or was never even side by side of Hulk while he cut the chicane

So how is he supposed to give it back??

So any person who misses a chicane should simply back off to the next driver even if he is 1 to 30 sec behind?!

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

The stewards should use their common sense. Webber was not right on his tail but he was still fairly close. If there was gravel on the there instead of tarmac then Webber would have overtaken Hulkenberg.

feni_remmen
feni_remmen

siskue2005 wrote:
komninosm wrote:
tok-tokkie wrote:Image

Webber had been pushing Hulkenberg for many laps. Here Hulkenberg fails to stay on the track - he is now outside the track. I think he should be compelled to yield the place as he had left the track. He had succumbed to the pressure applied by the chasing driver & should yield the place.
I agree, so why no penalty to Hulk guys?
i dont agree here
as Weber was never close or was never even side by side of Hulk while he cut the chicane

So any person who misses a chicane should simply back off to the next driver even if he is 1 to 30 sec behind?!
It is unfortunate that this situation has been created because the tracks are poorly designed and we have been left with a situation where driving off the track incurs no direct penalty. I'd be much happier if the section of track taken by the hulk caused some direct consequence to his speed, thereby allowing Webber a better chance. It removes the need for the officials and then we don't need to worry about wrong decisions. The point is that Nico got it wrong and in a direct fight I'd like to see him suffer the consequences.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Pure speculation of the "mighta, coulda, shoulda" category. Mr Hamilton crashed out in the first lap. Any mention of him for Monza is just a footnote, because from lap two he enjoyed being a spectator, and contributed zero in the race. Actually not totally true, he contributed to a great demand by many fans for seats around turn one of Lesmos so they could hopefully watch Mr Hamilton crash out there in 2011.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

ringo

So many haters. tisk tisk. :P

THE BOSS
"woulda" won that race, you all know it. Aprentice Button couldn't get the job done. :mrgreen:

About the webber hulkenburg thig, as long as hulkneberg did not gain any advantage in lap time, there is no reason for him to surrender his position.
It's Webber's job to pass him on track.
I would sympathize with Webber if Hulk passed him through the chicane, but this case is much different. Webber should be happy hulk actually went off track so many times.
For Sure!!

andrew
andrew

You know who when Jorge Lorenzo wins a MotoGP race, he plants a flag somewhere to claim the track as part of Lorenzo-Land? Well that's what THE LOSS is doing at Monza. By distributing McLaren wreckage at each corner he hopes to be able to one day claim Monza as his own! :lol:

Paul

Gerhard Berger wrote:The stewards should use their common sense. Webber was not right on his tail but he was still fairly close. If there was gravel on the there instead of tarmac then Webber would have overtaken Hulkenberg.
And if there were some styrofoam blocks there both he and Webber would be in the wall. :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjChl4EmFn4[/youtube]

There is tarmac there and that is the end of it. I am also of the opinion that if a driver cuts a corner while he is being under attack from the follower, he should concede his position, otherwise it should be classified as a mistake. However, tracks should be designed in a way that prevents advantage gained by such mistakes.

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

@ Puaul

They should bring back those tyre stacks. Made for a fun race in 96 :).

@Sisuke

It shouldn't be a case of whether you gain an advantage. If you make a mistake and can't make the corner, you should lose time.

Ray

siskue2005 wrote: i dont agree here

Maybe Webber shouldn't have gotten a free pass there, but Hulk chopping the nose of Webbers car should have garnered a penalty. Because he didn't make that corner he had to chop Webber off big time, that should have lost him the spot immediately. Blocking like that has no place in racing, you eff up be a man and take the consequences. Too many drivers get away with making a mistake and causing another racer to have to suffer along with them.

ringo

andrew wrote:You know who when Jorge Lorenzo wins a MotoGP race, he plants a flag somewhere to claim the track as part of Lorenzo-Land? Well that's what THE LOSS is doing at Monza. By distributing McLaren wreckage at each corner he hopes to be able to one day claim Monza as his own! :lol:
You gotta distribute wreckage if you want to win the following year.
Canada, Spa, China, all had wreckage deposits that materialized into a dominant win the next time out.
He has invested heavily in Monza real estate, he should reap the benefits next year.
For Sure!!

djos

Ray wrote: Maybe Webber shouldn't have gotten a free pass there, but Hulk chopping the nose of Webbers car should have garnered a penalty. Because he didn't make that corner he had to chop Webber off big time, that should have lost him the spot immediately. Blocking like that has no place in racing, you eff up be a man and take the consequences. Too many drivers get away with making a mistake and causing another racer to have to suffer along with them.
+1

Hulk managed to maintain enuf speed thru the run-off to be able to chop Webber off - it was blatant and for some reason Charlie only gave Hulk a warning! [-X
"In downforce we trust"

andrew
andrew

ringo wrote:
andrew wrote:You know who when Jorge Lorenzo wins a MotoGP race, he plants a flag somewhere to claim the track as part of Lorenzo-Land? Well that's what THE LOSS is doing at Monza. By distributing McLaren wreckage at each corner he hopes to be able to one day claim Monza as his own! :lol:
You gotta distribute wreckage if you want to win the following year.
Canada, Spa, China, all had wreckage deposits that materialized into a dominant win the next time out.
He has invested heavily in Monza real estate, he should reap the benefits next year.
You're clutching at straws now arn't you? :lol: