Italian GP 2010 - Monza

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
DaveKillens

Re: Italian GP 2010 - Monza

ringo wrote:You gotta distribute wreckage if you want to win the following year.
Canada, Spa, China, all had wreckage deposits that materialized into a dominant win the next time out.
He has invested heavily in Monza real estate, he should reap the benefits next year.
I just have to disagree with this. Mr Hamilton is definitely good, but after this amount of time in Formula One, he is expected to be on the far side of the learning curve. What happened at Monza was the tiniest amount if a mistake, be it too aggressive or whatever. The difference between hero and zero in this kind of scenario is miniscue, and unfortunately Mr Hamilton lost out. It was sad, but it did happen, it was no figment of anyone's imagination, he had zero impact on the race, and crashing out is not laying the groundwork for future success. The driver loses out on valuable track time in a racing environment, the engineers receive zero data that can be utilized in the future, a crash is not only something where you achieve zero, but are set back in progress.

You achieve success by improving, not doing worse.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

raymondu999

ringo wrote:
andrew wrote:You know who when Jorge Lorenzo wins a MotoGP race, he plants a flag somewhere to claim the track as part of Lorenzo-Land? Well that's what THE LOSS is doing at Monza. By distributing McLaren wreckage at each corner he hopes to be able to one day claim Monza as his own! :lol:
You gotta distribute wreckage if you want to win the following year.
Canada, Spa, China, all had wreckage deposits that materialized into a dominant win the next time out.
He has invested heavily in Monza real estate, he should reap the benefits next year.
If that were true then Lewis would just have had to wait until the Lesmos... he'd have taken everyone around the outside at Lesmo 1 given what happened last year :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

DaveKillens

ringo wrote:So many haters. tisk tisk. :P

THE BOSS
"woulda" won that race, you all know it. Aprentice Button couldn't get the job done. :mrgreen:
Nice comeback.

In fact, I like and admire Mr Hamilton a lot, and respect his racing abilities. But my opinions are based on reality of what happens on the track, not emotional speculation. What I hate, however is a complete lack of respect for other drivers. Before anyone throws the label of "hater" around I suggest they take a good look in the mirror and examine how they talk about other drivers.

No, I don't "know" Mr Hamilton would have won the race. I sincerely believe Alonso and Ferrari had the race covered (just my opinion). What I do "know" is that on the first lap he made contact with another car and retired. That is what racing is all about, you have to prove it on the track. If you win, great. But if you crash out, you crash out, you didn't "almost" win the race.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

ringo

I don't hate any of the drivers, neither was i disrespecting any of them. I was just being Jovial.
I respect what they are doing, but I don't owe any personal respect to any of them because i don't know them. I'm not obliged to equally respect all drivers either; this is normal. Some people loathe certain drivers, some fawn over others, based on silly things like behavior, interviews etc.
I don't do this, you wont hear me calling one an idiot or brat etc.

From previous observation, all practice sessions and Q1 and Q2 in monza, and other races before Monza, Hamilton is always about 0.2 to 0.5s faster than Button at any given time. Factor that into the monza race and he would have a good chance of winning.
We all know he crashed, but that has nothing to do with his pace.
When I called Button an apprentice, it was a play on the Hamilton BOSS moniker, nothing more.
That was the best chance for the year for Button to win another race, he blew it, or should I say Alonso blew button away; theory of relativity. :lol:
For Sure!!

marcush.

I don´t think Button blew anything so far.He did exceptionally well especially in monza.
Lets see how the singapore race unfolds.

komninosm

LOL Vettel said:
"Seriously guys are you --- me over?"
When he had the engine/break problem
They just showed it on the previous race recap here in Greece.