Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Re: Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

zgred wrote:Image

Please tell me these are stills from the new F1 computer game! Could have been pretty nasty if there had been another car alongside.

komninosm

Why all the conspiracy talks about HRT? Is there any reason they can't choose what driver they wanted to drive this GP and "had" to lie about food poisoning?

Oh and omg is that Sutil? For real? I thought it was photo-shopped at first! I want to see the video of that. =D>
here it is: :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeMaNDg1B6c

segedunum

komninosm wrote:Why all the conspiracy talks about HRT? Is there any reason they can't choose what driver they wanted to drive this GP and "had" to lie about food poisoning?
Because changing the driver they've already changed makes them look like arseholes, and if it appears to be done for money reasons it all but confirms that they won't be around for much longer?

freedom_honda

They need to get rid of those ridiculous massive tic-tacs.

WhiteBlue

The Stewards, having received a report from the Race Director, have considered the following matter, determine a breach of the regulations has been committed by the competitor named below and impose the penalty referred to.

No 14
Driver Adrian Sutil
Team Force India
Time 22:12
Session Second Free Practice
Fact
The driver, having experienced serious mechanical difficulties, did not leave the track as soon as it was safe to do so, and this was also potentially dangerous to spectators, marshals and other drivers.
Offence Breach of Article 30.14 of the 2010 FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations
Penalty $10,000
That is a hefty penalty considering that he wasn't immediately aware where the next exit was.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

FW17

andrew wrote:
zgred wrote:
Please tell me these are stills from the new F1 computer game! Could have been pretty nasty if there had been another car alongside.
Wonder if the results would have been the same if it was the Ferrari F10 Tank

wrigs

andrew wrote:
zgred wrote:Image
The problem isn't so much the kerbs as it is the chicane itself. They could have made it two left-hand corners instead and we wouldn't have had this flying car nonsense. It wouldn't have made a difference speed-wise since there's another corner just a couple of meters further down.

nacho

I think the problem is driver's messing up in the corner and not liking it themselves.

hollus

ESPImperium wrote:Im looking at the situation at Hispania, and the rumor that Yamamotto is ill is more or less a false one. Japaneese media have been reporting that Yamamotto is now actually fully fit and in his hotel room.

Its looking likley that Hispania got rid of Chandhok for the money of Yamamotto, and now the money that they gave the team for a race has gottn them till the end of the season, Hispania have ditched Yamamotto for Klien as they are chacing that elusive P12 that will make the team P10 in the constructors title and bring them more money. In other words, got rid of the pay driver for the experience of Klien.

Im gonna say that its going to be at least a couople of races for Klien to get a handle on the car, by then the posibility of that P12 may have passed.

Not convinced, but im happy that Klien has been given a chance in a car in the F1 grid, wether its a F1 car or not is another discussion.
P12? I thought it was P13 that was required, but likely I am wrong and somebody from the rookie times has already snatched a 13th position. So what is the status in between those in the chase for 10th in the constructors? Who has gotten what positions so far?
Rivals, not enemies.

wrigs

nacho wrote:I think the problem is driver's messing up in the corner and not liking it themselves.
Well there's a reason they don't like it. The track is extremely narrow, the kerbs are punishing in an out-of-control way and the placement of it is completely and utterly stupid. This could maybe have been a good overtaking spot, but because there's only one line in, through and out of the chicane, there's pretty much always going to be at least one car in the air if anyone tries to overtake here.

zenithbeach

*deleted*

WhiteBlue

Vettel leading FP3 now with a thrilling lap of 1:48.350
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 25 Sep 2010, 13:45, edited 1 time in total.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Miguel

You guys are legends! I was watching the BBC broadcast of Saturday Practice (15 minutes to go), and they specifically mentioned F1T about your caster explanation.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

ben_watkins

yeah quality mention of f1t on kangaroo tv and bbc coverage of fp3 about caster.. love it =D> :D =D>
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

kalinka

Yeah, I heard it too. It was a good feelin :)