Japanese GP 2010 - Suzuka

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

Re: Japanese GP 2010 - Suzuka

That's been used since Belgium
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

alelanza
alelanza

Not what i heard on friday. Did you listen to friday FPs?
Alejandro L.

kalinka
kalinka

Re: Red Bull RB6

raymondu999 wrote:I think it depends on the car. The more "sharp" turns a circuit has the more it'll suit ferrari. Ferrari have great braking and traction. RB has great downforce, which we'll see in Suzuka. Probably they'll go ahead of everyone by at least 7 tenths or so again.

Isn't Suzuka quite similar to Turkey in terms of high speed+high DF corners ? If it is, then McLaren should be there with RBR too. In turkey it was only the bumps, and turn 8 that slowed McLaren. Before the Turkey race everyone thought it'll be RBR's playground...

Mr Alcatraz

Fools! Nothing personal. ;)
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

gibells
gibells

ecapox wrote:Not every team engages the F-Duct with their left hand. Some do it with their knee.
Great point. And this is where the Maccas could score over the copy's. Can anyone recall whether they used their hands or knees to activate the F Duct in Spa?

astracrazy
astracrazy

im sure on the bbc pitwalk martin asked jenson about this and jenson said macca use there hand not knee

raymondu999

No, Jenson uses the hand.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

raymondu999

Turn 8 IS the high DF corner in Turkey, and just about the only high DF corner too. Suzuka is more like Silverstone in configuration
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

kalinka
kalinka

raymondu999 wrote:Turn 8 IS the high DF corner in Turkey, and just about the only high DF corner too. Suzuka is more like Silverstone in configuration

OK, more similar, but McLaren finished second in Silverstone too, and they have massive upgrades since then. So I don't consider it'll be such a big margin for RBR like 7 tenths.
Also if you consider the large number rule, it's time for other teams now like Ferrari and Alonso to screw up something :) Ok, this last is just a fan's wish :)

raymondu999

Sure McLaren have made upgrades, but so has Ferrari and Red Bull
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

MikeFromCanada

alelanza wrote:Not what i heard on friday. Did you listen to friday FPs?
+1

It was definitely a louder and more distinct sound, in comparison to both Quali and the Race.

forty-two

astracrazy wrote:im sure on the bbc pitwalk martin asked jenson about this and jenson said macca use there hand not knee
Actually this is slightly incorrect.

Martin mentined using the left leg and Jenson said something along the lines of "well it might be if we used our left leg, c'mon guys it's been like fourteen races" and to that Martin Brundle said "Oh yes, you use your left hand don't you". Jenson did not argue, but he also didn't confirm or deny.
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

forty-two

Tazio wrote:Fools! Nothing personal. ;)
I for one, have no idea who or what you're 'not being personal' about.

Care to elaborate a little?
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

King Six
King Six

MikeFromCanada wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:I wonder though... if the RB will have enough to go through 130R flat out on the fduct, while others will have to disengage.
I honestly don't think 130R will be a great challenge for the majority of the established teams to do at full throttle. It's not as big of a challange as years past (along with Eau Rouge)
Agreed. It's pretty easy these days, they actually made it easier after 2002 or around that time as there were some nasty accidents happening there. They increased the radius so basically it's not as sharp as it once was.

I'm sure they'd be able to duct their way around the kink. It really is just a kink. Similar to Blanchimont at Spa. Which they duct through with ease.

twoshots
twoshots

alelanza wrote:...i recall Jenson's V8 during friday's FPs making a very particular sound, sort of a very aggressive exhaust blowing the diffuser.
Not sure if they ran them on Friday, but new very aggressive engine modes were not run during qualifying. If it was loud and sounded very 'rough' it was probably new modes.