Brazilian GP 2010 - Interlagos

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:20 am

I never said I wished it upon him, nor did I say it would be desirable. I only said that that would've been epic, remembering what happened to his teammate in 2007.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法
raymondu999
 
Joined: 4 Feb 2010

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:10 pm

lets hope that the title is not decided in brasil... that will take things to the wire in abu dhabi...

Hoping for Massa to win here... he has had an eventful year....

if the mclarens finish strong then the title race moves to abu dhabi... that will prove who really deserves the championship....
"Be the change that you wish to see most in your world" -- Mahatma Gandhi
mach11
 
Joined: 21 Aug 2009
Location: India

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:44 pm

Button and Hamilton will be eliminated in Brazil, I just don't see either finishing high enough to be within the 25 points going to Abu Dhabi. Even at 25, they won't be in the race with Alonso's 5 wins now. I also think one of the RBR's will be eliminated, the question is who?

I say it will be RBR vs. Ferrari. Massa will do well, but I don't think he will finish in front of Alonso for obvious reasons.

I think Alonso puts his stamp on the season and WDC; Alonso, Webber, Massa.
"The car is slow in the straights and doesn't work well in the corners." JV
Sean H
 
Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Location: KC

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:09 pm

I don't hope for it, but Alonso can have an engine failure or first lap crash.
When that happens, everything will be open.
If Button qualifies high enough, he could repeat what he did in Australia, if he pressures Alonso to the first corner.
Pushing Alonso on the uphill and trying to overtaking him early out, could also irritate his engine.
For Sure!!
ringo
 
Joined: 29 Mar 2009

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:10 pm

At this point, I wouldn't rule any of the top 4 out of the championship. All 4 will undoubtedly be pushing quite hard in Brazil, and throw in Massa and Button playing the role of support (even if Button is pushing for the win, I still view his results as a support for Lewis at this stage), there is a very good chance for some surprising events to occur.

By surprising, I mean a crash between 2 of the top drivers, a driver holding up a rival behind them, etc. Don't forget the fraigility the Ferrari engines will be on.

Also, don't forget the climate in Brazil. Abu Dhabi is more a sure bet, but the weather in Brazil could possibly play a large role over the weekend.
MikeFromCanada
 
Joined: 1 Jun 2010

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:20 pm

But of course. :twisted:
The weather even has is effects in qualifying. Suppose all the top drivers end up at the back of the grid again?
For Sure!!
ringo
 
Joined: 29 Mar 2009

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:44 pm

Miguel wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:Massa will go well here, he traditionally has done, Alonso needs a car under him here to feel at one with the track... But on alonso, this track is a traditional engine breaker, and with Alonso using his Spa engine here, the one that did Singapore as well (i think) and how thin he is on milage per engine, i can see him blow a block here.


It's you who's keeping track of chassis and engines, but from all I've read and heard, Alonso's Singapore engine was also used in Germany and Hungary. One of the Spa/Monza engines also did Suzuka, and I suppose the other did Korea. Those are, AFAIK, the race-ready engines. Thus, he can make it to the end with three races per engine.


What im saying is that the fact the engine is under more strain at Interlagos could be the defining factor.

Engine #6 = Germany, Hungary, Korea
Engine #7 = Spa, Singapore, Brazil
Engine #8 = Monza, Japan, Abu Dhabi

May be wrong with those tho. Engine #7 is the one i think could go as Spa is the second highest speed race, Singapore is the one with the highest gearshifts per lap, and Brazil is a general engine breaker.

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:Joker cards will be the Mercedes as i can see this being their style of track


I can see them doing well, but to win? 6 cars will need to retire.


I never said win, i did say well, so with that they could get a podium and then cause a problem for Alonso (who is suported by Massa anyways), Hamilton (who i assume will be supported by Button from now), and Webber (who may be supported by Vettel as Webber arguably has a better chance now) for this race. Im now thinking that the Mercedes and Kubica could still play a part in where the championship ends up.
ESPImperium
 
Joined: 5 Apr 2008
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:58 pm

Well, if Alonso wins, then Hamilton must come second to still have a chance and Webber must come at least 3rd to stay alive. Those are the only two possibilities with an Alonso win.

If Alonso is second, Webber can be 1st or 3rd or 4th, Hamilton and Vettel must win.

If Alonso is third, it would still be wide open.

Going to be an interesting race in 2 weeks!
ecapox
 
Joined: 14 May 2010

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:23 pm

Current Championship Contenders Gearboxes:

Alonso = 5 (Last race in the cycle at Brazil, new one for Abu Dhabi)
Hamilton = 6 (Second race in the cycle at Brazil)
Webber = 6 (Will have a new box' for the last 2 races after DNF at Korea)
Vettel = 5 (Same as Webber, new box' for last 2 races)
Button = 5 (Unless he has a DNF, he will be one of a few drives to stay to cycle for the season)
------------------------------------**Other Key Drivers Below**----------------------------------------------------
Massa = 7 (New box taken in Korea)
Schumacher = 5 (Same as button, and stasys to cycle)
Rosberg = 7 (But will take a new box after DNF at Korea)
Kubica = 6 (New box at Korea, and if no DNF happens, will have that box till end of season)

The aferage box' to be on is number 6, and accross all teams, there has been 155 gearboxes been used so far this season.
ESPImperium
 
Joined: 5 Apr 2008
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:36 pm

ecapox wrote:Well, if Alonso wins, then Hamilton must come second to still have a chance.

Nope. Alonso would gain 7 points on Lewis, the gap would be 28 points and he'll be out. Lewis HAS to beat Alonso (and Webber) on track somehow. Or get a podium and hope Alonso DNFs. Its all unlikely for him though because the mclaren won't be up to the job.
rfs
 
Joined: 13 Mar 2010

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:04 pm

ringo wrote:But of course. :twisted:
The weather even has is effects in qualifying. Suppose all the top drivers end up at the back of the grid again?


Oh Yeah, wouldnt that make a fantastic race
dave34m
 
Joined: 4 Aug 2008

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:30 pm

ESPImperium wrote:
Miguel wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:Massa will go well here, he traditionally has done, Alonso needs a car under him here to feel at one with the track... But on alonso, this track is a traditional engine breaker, and with Alonso using his Spa engine here, the one that did Singapore as well (i think) and how thin he is on milage per engine, i can see him blow a block here.


It's you who's keeping track of chassis and engines, but from all I've read and heard, Alonso's Singapore engine was also used in Germany and Hungary. One of the Spa/Monza engines also did Suzuka, and I suppose the other did Korea. Those are, AFAIK, the race-ready engines. Thus, he can make it to the end with three races per engine.


What im saying is that the fact the engine is under more strain at Interlagos could be the defining factor.

Engine #6 = Germany, Hungary, Korea
Engine #7 = Spa, Singapore, Brazil
Engine #8 = Monza, Japan, Abu Dhabi

May be wrong with those tho. Engine #7 is the one i think could go as Spa is the second highest speed race, Singapore is the one with the highest gearshifts per lap, and Brazil is a general engine breaker.

Miguel was right, engine #6 did Singapore in addition to Germany and Hungary (all full race distances, all dry).

Not sure about the other 2, but from what i've read from other forums it seems #7 did Spa and Suzuka, whilst #8 has done Monza and Korea. Spa was partially wet and didn't complete a full race. Korea was wet and alot of time was spent behind the safety car. One of these engines will do Interlagos, the other will do Abu Dhabi. Not ruling out a blown engine, but i don't think his situation is critical.
Gerhard Berger
 
Joined: 20 Sep 2010

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:59 pm

rfs wrote:
ecapox wrote:Well, if Alonso wins, then Hamilton must come second to still have a chance.

Nope. Alonso would gain 7 points on Lewis, the gap would be 28 points and he'll be out. Lewis HAS to beat Alonso (and Webber) on track somehow. Or get a podium and hope Alonso DNFs. Its all unlikely for him though because the mclaren won't be up to the job.


You are correct...i cant count. :?

Alonso - 231
Hamilton - 210

Alonso (1st) = 231+25=256
Hamilton (2nd) = 210+20=230

The gap is 26 points therefore Hamilton would be out.
ecapox
 
Joined: 14 May 2010

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:36 pm

mx_tifosi wrote:It's an epic fail to wish that upon someone. Everyone is giving it their best and your ill hopes are very unsportsmanlike.

"Don' wish upon others what you wouldn't want upon yourself"


+1. Must be the full moon?
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill
donskar
 
Joined: 3 Feb 2007
Location: Cardboard box, end of Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:58 pm

ecapox wrote:
rfs wrote:
ecapox wrote:Well, if Alonso wins, then Hamilton must come second to still have a chance.

Nope. Alonso would gain 7 points on Lewis, the gap would be 28 points and he'll be out. Lewis HAS to beat Alonso (and Webber) on track somehow. Or get a podium and hope Alonso DNFs. Its all unlikely for him though because the mclaren won't be up to the job.


You are correct...i cant count. :?

Alonso - 231
Hamilton - 210

Alonso (1st) = 231+25=256
Hamilton (2nd) = 210+20=230

The gap is 26 points therefore Hamilton would be out.


2nd is 18 points not 20.
Alonso cannot win at all costs if Hamilton wants to stay in the fight.

My gut tell me the WDC will be a 3 horse race in abu dahbi.
For Sure!!
ringo
 
Joined: 29 Mar 2009

PreviousNext

Return to Formula One races

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot], jimbles, PlatinumZealot, Poleman and 8 guests