Malaysian GP 2011 - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
komninosm

Re: Malaysian GP 2011 - Sepang

Poleman wrote:
Formula None wrote: If you count the moves at the start, Vettel makes 5, Hamilton makes 4. Its a moot point. As I said, everyone changes position more than once at the start, its the nature of the start. Punishing everyone would have no effect on final race results, so it's not implemented for the rush to the first corner, is how I see it. Regardless, you can just as easily say Hamilton was defending against Button when he swerved inches in front of him, as opposed to "he was reacting to Vettel's defensive moves". You could say that about every car at the start. Is racer x (lol) defending or making offensive moves or avoiding collision? Moot point either way, in the lead up to the first corner.
For the start debate:

You must have in mind that Hamilton in the start is making 4 moves as you say trying to overtake.I dont remember a rule saying that u cant make no more than one move when attempting overtaking.Also i cant recall the start being excluded from the direction change rule.Same goes for everyone on the grid.Some of them defend and some of them attack at every start.The rule must apply to anyone in breach of that.
Nice job countering his very poor arguments ^.^

raymondu999

Would said rule not be detrimental to the polesitter though? I mean, whoever is in P1 would be classified as defending rather than overtaking, while the other 23 would most likely have a good case of attempting to overtake
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

komninosm

raymondu999 wrote:Would said rule not be detrimental to the polesitter though? I mean, whoever is in P1 would be classified as defending rather than overtaking, while the other 23 would most likely have a good case of attempting to overtake
Maybe, but what Vettel did was clear-cut blocking. There's no need for the polesitter to swerve like that, unless he's trying to defend his position illegally. It's dangerous to boot.

raymondu999

I'm not talking about this instance of Vettel's maneuvering. But I'm talking generally.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

komninosm

raymondu999 wrote:I'm not talking about this instance of Vettel's maneuvering. But I'm talking generally.
Generally the pole driver shouldn't be allowed to block everyone behind him either, so I think the rule should apply to starts too. We've seen drivers position their cars sideways to block the car behind right from the start. OK you're allowed to do that, but only once. I don't see the problem with not making the pole-sitter's job easy as pie. He only has to pick a line, not pass cars in front so he has no excuses. Only poor starts ^.^

kalinka

PM me for BBC link if you want....

They're taking off the engine cover on Hamilton's car...a problem there :(

Wrong topic....ahhh
Last edited by kalinka on 17 Apr 2011, 08:44, edited 1 time in total.

kalinka

---
please delete