[KVRC] Khamsin Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
CAEdevice

Re: Khamsin Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

You could try with a LinkedIn PM

Alonso Fan

Hi, I have finally updated my car from the rushed version which entered the first race and suffered a DNS. So I consider this an 'official launch' since the first race was like a test race for me.

a little teaser... :)

SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

CAEdevice

I like that teaser. How did you created the curtain?

Good luck fo the race!

CAEdevice

About the race: I'm back in office after three weeks and I am surprised to not find any news about the KVRC "pause".
I sincerely hope that Julien is well and he is just overloaded by his jos, but it would be fair, even considering the efforts of those who have developed a car, to know something about the destiny of the championship .

Many months have passed without having completed a valid race. I received some inquiries from people who read my article on " Formulapassion.it" and other articles on my website and LinkedIN and I am embarrassed not knowing what to say .

cdsavage

Unfortunately I don't know any more than you do. I haven't heard from Julien since the end of May. I don't think there's much that can be done until I hear from him - even if I had the time to carry on with KVRC by myself, there are too many things I don't have access to or don't know how to do, especially on the CFD side.

Hopefully everything is OK and it's just some (major) PC problems. I'll keep trying to contact him.

Alonso Fan

CAEdevice wrote:I like that teaser. How did you created the curtain?

Good luck fo the race!
thanks!

in short, i'm learning blender, so I used it to create a cloth over my car. this is my first successful blender project. I used the physics simulation to make a flat cloth, then let it drop over my car

another angle :)

SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Alonso Fan

cdsavage wrote:Unfortunately I don't know any more than you do. I haven't heard from Julien since the end of May. I don't think there's much that can be done until I hear from him - even if I had the time to carry on with KVRC by myself, there are too many things I don't have access to or don't know how to do, especially on the CFD side.

Hopefully everything is OK and it's just some (major) PC problems. I'll keep trying to contact him.
thank you for your persistence. I really hope we can get it up and running again
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

CAEdevice

cdsavage wrote:Unfortunately I don't know any more than you do. I haven't heard from Julien since the end of May. I don't think there's much that can be done until I hear from him - even if I had the time to carry on with KVRC by myself, there are too many things I don't have access to or don't know how to do, especially on the CFD side.

I would like to help (I have the needed hardware resources and some contacts with an interesting cfd services provider) but I am involved in the challenge as a team and it would not be possible/allowed to see other cars geometry.

I also have good news from a possible new team who is developing a good car for the introclass.

I can understand Julien issues, but his presence on the forum would be enough to clarify some points.

CAEdevice

I'm still here to ask about the next races.

I hope that Julien is okay : I'm a little worried about him . If he can not work to the technical part of the championship for hardware reasons , one brief passage on the forum would be enough to break the deadlock. I would have some proposals to continue the championship lightening the computational and preparation process and I think it would be useful to talk about it with him .

LVDH

I agree. Somehow I also wonder what might have happened to Julien and hope that everything is OK.
But during his absence it would be cool if we could progress with the championship.
What do you or others have in mind?

cdsavage

Julien sent me an email 2 days ago. He is OK. I've been waiting to hear back from him again for more details, because I don't want to speak for him, but it looks like we might not be able to continue with the 2016 season.

CAEdevice

LVDH wrote:But during his absence it would be cool if we could progress with the championship.
It would be ok (but not the preferred solution) even if we know that the KVRC will not re-start and we can dedicate time to different projects.
LVDH wrote:What do you or others have in mind?
I think that we should find a way to trasfer part of the checking and computing process to the partecipants (maybe some of them who don't have enough powerful hardware will not be happy, but I'm thnking about a solution about it, involving the concept of "intro class").

A t the moment the most important question is: who is still reading the forum? Who is still interested in developing a car? Is there anybody out there?

CAEdevice

cdsavage wrote:Julien sent me an email 2 days ago. He is OK. I've been waiting to hear back from him again for more details, because I don't want to speak for him, but it looks like we might not be able to continue with the 2016 season.
It seems that I will have to think faster :)

I am happy Julien is OK!

TalnoRacing

CAEdevice wrote:who is still reading the forum? Who is still interested in developing a car? Is there anybody out there?
I check in every now and then to see if there are any updates. It will be great if KVRC continues.

CAEdevice

TalnoRacing wrote:
CAEdevice wrote:who is still reading the forum? Who is still interested in developing a car? Is there anybody out there?
I check in every now and then to see if there are any updates. It will be great if KVRC continues.
Thank you for answering my question. I would prefer to wait for Julien words before starting with new ideas.

At the moment I only have two start points:
  • A list of the partecipant stills interested. I think that some of us can give a contribution about OpenFoam managing, but a discussion about the future perspectives would require the contribution of everyone is planning to partecipate
  • The only way the restart immediately the races would be to keep everything unchanged, but with someone running the simulation (locally?). I am not sure I want to do this personally, since I am involved as a partecipant. A different organization would be ready to be test not before September