[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
LVDH

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

That is not only a delay but also the date we discussed here.

Alonso Fan

Damn. I thought it would fall in my first week off
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

LVDH

Yeah, it is not much, but I am hoping for some cool things to end the season and want to be sure to have them done before Christmas. Then it is more than time for me to have a good rest.

rjsa

Boy oh boy my first OF run was frustrating. Plots look like they came from an airplane, not a racing car.

Question: The difference between fmvrc_fast, mvrc and mvrc_slow is in the number of interactions or mesh resolution?

Alonso Fan

rjsa wrote:Boy oh boy my first OF run was frustrating. Plots look like they came from an airplane, not a racing car.
Are you sure you didn't model it upside down? :P

Maybe I'll have some competition at the back...
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

LVDH

rjsa wrote: Question: The difference between fmvrc_fast, mvrc and mvrc_slow is in the number of interactions or mesh resolution?
Yes but this obviously affects the results. I think the settings are good enough to use to compare if a design is better than the other. The worst is how the lift balance is predicted. But you can use the fast option to compare lets say ten designs and then use the standard option to check against the best three or something like that.

rjsa

Yes interactions or mesh resolution?

etsmc

well, LeMans car submitted.
After having the results show some funny numbers my cooling package I believe has caused me a lot of lift. I feel there is some potential to having the exhaust in the cooling exit to reduce drag but not had the time to test it out.
this will be something I will be investigating in the offseason.
I have again recreated my cooling ducts following a lot of reading of papers. downforce is looking ok so hopefully i have ample cooling flow to work with in the future.

rjsa

So I managed to get OF installed in the MacBook. How do I get the terminal window under the OF user like the GUI does?

EDIT: Got it, never mind.

CAEdevice

I completed the car for the last race: I am not sure I will be on the podium, it may depend on the number of iterations (I hope the same for the top three teams).

Honestly I have to say that JJR project is better than mine: it is good in both high downforce and high efficiency races.

I will put online some pictures later.

JJR
JJR

I hope you do well Matteo.
I will play a poker game with my car with a lot of changes. I m not sure about cooling performance and about ballance.
Im bored with my old concept so I will bring new. Im in big hurry now to test all changes so i will work on car until last minute

CAEdevice

JJR wrote:I hope you do well Matteo.
I will play a poker game with my car with a lot of changes. I m not sure about cooling performance and about ballance.
Im bored with my old concept so I will bring new. Im in big hurry now to test all changes so i will work on car until last minute
I tested your design on my car, but I had not enough time for fine tuning, so I will run with the usual car, but "Le Mans" (= long tail) edition.

For the top teams, indipendentley from the design concept, fine tuning makes the difference between df/dr 4.0-4.5 (podium) and 5.0-5.5 (victory).

AratzH

CAEdevice wrote:
For the top teams, indipendentley from the design concept, fine tuning makes the difference between df/dr 4.0-4.5 (podium) and 5.0-5.5 (victory).
[/quote]

Umm.., will 5.65 do it? I'm still working to get to 6.0... :)
MVRC -> TF