[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
CAEdevice

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

Sorry rjsa, I don't know how to help you, but I will look at the steamlines in Paraview when I will find some free time.

Let me change the topic: I would like to be in Monza next weekend for the WEC prologue (probably on Sunday), is someone else planning to be there?

rjsa

Thanks.

It sometimes gets frustrating. I changed something across the car and now I get a 15% increase in drag and some crazy uNear areas on the report or a drop in the HX flow. I can just roll back but boy, it was promising....

I'd love to but it's a bit of a long haul from Brazil :wink:
Last edited by rjsa on 25 Mar 2017, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.

CAEdevice

Do you use surfacelic? It is not the same as streamlines, bit it helps. You should start loading the "near wall" velocity file you can find in the "surfaces" directory.

rjsa

Yep, this rearview/fender interface was fine, then it just started this crazy whirlwind...

CAEdevice

Maybe the wheel rotation has something to do about it. BTW: neat geometry.

rjsa

tks ;)

RicME85

I have had issues with not being able to get streamlines to show in Paraview with some of my MVRC .foam files

rjsa

And did you find a pattern on what works? I have started trying it now, don't even know if I have h right meshes on...

rjsa

I got it now, need to turn on internal mesh.

I need a new computer, the 2009 iMac is taking a beating...

rjsa

Ooh this is so sweet...

I delivered the first graduation project in my school using CAD back in 1992. We couldn't dream of this, be it SGI, Intergraph, IBM or VAX we where playing with - let alone Microstation 4.0 in a PC.

We barely had access to the ship model basin. Fluid dynamics was all numbers and formulas and regressions of empirical data. This couldn't be even dreamed of back then.

Effin amazing.

Thanks guys for the opportunity to play with it.

Alonso Fan

hi everyone, so after so many months of hardly any free time I have finally come to setup openfoam and mwflow on my tablet

I previously tried to set it up on my pc but something seems to be wrong with the openfoam installation and I cannot get it working with mwflow helper, nor without.

so i'm starting over on a different device (my tablet) and am currently running into a small issue whereby the vm doesn't create a folder with 'my username' in the shared directory. I have named the shared folder c/users and selected a good amount of ram and cpus. I've run OF_Env_Create and also launched openfoam and it seems to be running fine, just no 'my username' folder in the shared directory. I haven't yet tested OF with the test case

i'm posting on here since no one notices anything on the dedicated forum anymore

help is appreciated
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

RicME85

what tablet are you using? surely that will be dead from trying to run a simulation.
Maybe it doesnt know what your username is.

Alonso Fan

RicME85 wrote:
27 Mar 2017, 00:59
what tablet are you using? surely that will be dead from trying to run a simulation.
Maybe it doesnt know what your username is.
MS Surface Pro 3 core i5 version

it should know my username. docker, virtualbox etc are all in my username folder

still no username folder has appeared in the working directory

Last edited by Alonso Fan on 27 Mar 2017, 01:11, edited 1 time in total.
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

rjsa

I ran a couple instalations and at some point I had one like this. Afaik it worked just fine - as long as the directory you had set as Shared Directory in the MVRC GUI was the same or under the one set up as the Shared Folder for the VM in Virtualbox.